#5 Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panthers at #3 Wright State Raiders

Records

UWM: 20-13 (7-9)

WRST: 20-13 (10-6)

The Horizon League has seen some major changes, but the goal of reaching the tournament is still the same. For Wright State, it's an absolute lucky break that they get to host this game and they can thank their opponent for it. Milwaukee has pulled off two big upsets in route to this game, the biggest being the overtime win over archrival Wisconsin-Green Bay in the semis on Saturday. Which team sees their ticket punched?

Make it three.... WE'RE GOIN' DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Records

The Horizon League has seen some major changes, but the goal of reaching the tournament is still the same. For Wright State, it's an absolute lucky break that they get to host this game and they can thank their opponent for it. Milwaukee has pulled off two big upsets in route to this game, the biggest being the overtime win over archrival Wisconsin-Green Bay in the semis on Saturday. Which team sees their ticket punched?

Make it three.... WE'RE GOIN' DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Milwaukee on their first appearance since 2006!

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Records

Make it three.... WE'RE GOIN' DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Milwaukee on their first appearance since 2006!

:)by ren69

UWM2.png

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

One title game tomorrow... then the calm before the storm.

Patriot League

#2 American Eagles at #1 Boston University Terriers

Records

AU: 19-12 (13-5)

BU: 24-9 (15-3)

The Patriot League expanded this season and one of those newcomers, Boston University, has taken the league by storm. The Terriers have run over the competition so far, but there was one major hiccup: a 30 point drubbing from American. The Terriers paid the Eagles back with a win in Boston and the finals are in Boston as well. Does the new kid take the bid or does one of the old guard show up and teach the new guy a lesson?

Did I read that there's some rule against teams from the same state playing each other in the first round, or am I making stuff up in my head again. Milwaukee is being projected as a 15 seed and Wisconsin is being projected as a 2... I'd love to think they could clash at the Bradley Center.

Did I read that there's some rule against teams from the same state playing each other in the first round, or am I making stuff up in my head again. Milwaukee is being projected as a 15 seed and Wisconsin is being projected as a 2... I'd love to think they could clash at the Bradley Center.

That is not part of the seeding procedures. Louisville played Morehead St. in 2009 and 2011 in their opening game.

That said, the committee could think that a Wisconsin vs. Milwaukee game could put the Badgers at a "home court disadvantage" and not place them in the same region.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2013-08-01/committee-changes-bracketing-guidelines-division-i-tournament

Not sure specifics, but I'm pretty sure they also avoid re-matching teams from the same conference in the first round. For example, if Michigan and Michigan State were #1 and #16 seeds in the first round, they'd probably move one school to another region or swap the #15-16 seeds to avoid a repeat.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Not sure specifics, but I'm pretty sure they also avoid re-matching teams from the same conference in the first round. For example, if Michigan and Michigan State were #1 and #16 seeds in the first round, they'd probably move one school to another region or swap the #15-16 seeds to avoid a repeat.

I feel like years ago 2 teams from the Big East faced off in the first round.
Because in 2011, the Big East got 11 teams in and the bracket principles allow for teams from the same conference play in the rounds of 32 or 64. Cincinnati and UConn played in the round of 32 that year.

so any reason why Washington keeps Lorenzo Romar?? i cant think of one, unless it cost too much to fire him

His contract runs through 2020.

Plus...

Wazzu is most likely to fire their coach, so the sign of stability will do more to get in-state recruits.

They just shelled out money for Chris Petersen.

Since 2010, they have lost 11 players due to entering the NBA Draft (3), tranfers (5), or injury/illness (3). Two injuries/illness occurred in the preseason and after game 1.

WOW Southern. How do you lose this bad to this team. (score from ESPN)

The SWAC is a friggin' crapshoot, even moreso this year thanks to the automatic bid exception given to them. Still, that doesn't explain the total 'crap the bed' job the Jaguars did.

Archived