Where was all this b!tching when St. Joseph's got a 1 seed?

EDIT-Aside from a neutral court win over Duke, what, precisely has Kansas done OOC that is so impressive?

I'm as big a Syracuse fan there is, but I wouldn't take them over Wichita State at a neutral court right now. Winning 30 games in a row is incredibly hard to do, no matter what your competition is.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched some of the Kentucky/South Carolina game. During an official review with about six seconds to go, security/event staff attempted to put up rope to keep fans from storming the court. Let me repeat that, rope, and by rope I mean thick dental floss. Nice try guys.

So much focus on Court Storming after the Utah Valley game the other night. I got to say Virginia Event staff was the best at letting their fans storm the court after Virginia beat Syracuse but created a wall around the team benches. At the moment I don't think every school, especially smaller schools like Utah Valley, etc. has the security to implement this. Though maybe the CSC and NCAA can come with something.

Unfortunately I think unless security starts arresting fans for storming court, no amount of money or rope, or even security or event staff will keep students and fans off the court.

Anyway...

Syracuse, Kansas, Louisville, Creighton, Michigan St. St. Louis, Cincinnati, Kentucky and Iowa State all lose. Two more top ten teams play on Sunday: Arizona and Villanova. Arizona host Stanford and Villanova takes on Marquette.

In what will hopefully be the first of many in a row, Arizona wins the Pac-12. This is a battle tested team; their 4 best wins are all on the road/neutral sites(Duke at MSG, @San Diego State, @ Michigan, @ UCLA). After the tough ASU loss, they won a tough OT game at Utah, then the offense just flat out woke up, posting an average of 84 in the last 3 and blowing out Colorado, Cal, and Stanford(not elite, but definitely not terrible teams at all) in the process. The Cats have the best defense in the nation and should get a 1 seed. Pretty simple, its either championship or bust.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Cats have the best defense in the nation

Disagree. That's Virginia.

Agreed. Those bastards aren't gonna let ya get over 60 very often.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Biggest winners of the weekend tourney-wise:

VCU

Dayton

Arkansas

Xavier

Would virgina get a one seed if they beat duke and Syracuse in the acc tourney?

If the standings remain as they are, UVa cannot play both, rather one of the two.

To have Syracuse fall to the 4th seed, they have to lose their final two games, PLUS Duke goes 1-1 and UNC goes 2-0 this week.

VCU

Dayton

Arkansas

Xavier

If the standings remain as they are, UVa cannot play both, rather one of the two.

To have Syracuse fall to the 4th seed, they have to lose their final two games, PLUS Duke goes 1-1 and UNC goes 2-0 this week.

Uhh, Abel, UNC and Duke play in the last game of the regular season...?

If UNC wins that game, UVA'd be in line to play Duke in the semi-finals and Syracuse (or UNC who'd be on a, what, 15 game winning streak?) in the finals.

If the Hoos win the ACC tournament, they'll be on the 1 line.

6fQjS3M.png

VCU

Dayton

Arkansas

Xavier

If UNC wins that game, UVA'd be in line to play Duke in the semi-finals and Syracuse (or UNC who'd be on a, what, 15 game winning streak?) in the finals.

The best chance for Syracuse and Duke to be both the 2nd and 4th seeds are for a three way tie with each of them at 13-5 in conference. The Orange is playing to be in placed in a pod which will take them to Buffalo and MSG.

http://www.syracuse.com/patrick-stevens/index.ssf/2014/03/syracuse_basketball_how_the_or.html

Summing up the state schools and their chances of making the Tournament:

-Georgia: Currently with the third-best conference record, but the conference stinks. Also had a lousy pre-SEC stretch. Probably has to win the SEC Tournament to make it in. Has to win their last two games (home to Miss. State, at LSU) and get to the SEC Final (which likely means beating Florida or Kentucky...albeit, a sinking Kentucky) just to get onto the bubble. Probably not making it.

-Georgia Tech: They're not good. No idea what's going on with them. They'll need a miracle run in the ACC Tourney to get in.

-Kennesaw State and Georgia Southern: Need miracle runs in the Atlantic Sun and Southern tournaments to get in. Good luck getting past Davidson. (KSU didn't even qualify for their conference's tournament. So that's that.)

-Mercer: Probably the best team in the state, though they're slumping a bit. Finished 2nd in the A-Sun and will host tournament games up until the final. Unfortunately for them, the #1-seed is Florida-Gulf Coast, and FGCU just smoked Mercer at FGCU like a couple weeks ago. Although, FGCU did win at Mercer in last year's tourney final, so maybe Mercer can get payback.

-Georgia State: The state's best chance. They've clinched the 1-seed for the Sun Belt tourney. Have only lost one game since early December.

The Cats have the best defense in the nation

Disagree. That's Virginia.

Ken Pomeroy agrees with me: http://kenpom.com/index.php?s=RankAdjDE

Admittedly, I haven't seen Virginia play that much this year, but I know that Tony Bennett is a solid defensive coach. His Washington State teams were brutal to play against a few years back.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Here's the run-down for my state's teams:

Wisconsin: #9 team in the nation...THEY'RE IN. An impressive Big Ten tourney run could be good to get them a #2 seed.

Marquette: Debatable right now...they REALLY could've used a win over 'Nova on Sunday. Their last two regular-season games against Providence and St. John's will likely see the loser's bubble burst (and even the winner will likely need to get to at LEAST the Big Easttourney semifinals).

Milwaukee: Will need a miracle run in the Horizon tourney...good luck gettin' past

Green Bay: They're the #1 seed in the Horizon tourney, so they have the best chance of going to the Big Dance (other than the Badgers of course). Still, even if they don't, they have to at least get some consideration as a possible at-large...

bYhYmxh.png

State of Illinois:

TheTriumphofDeath.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

North Carolina:

Locks: UNC, Duke- We all know about em.

Bubble: NC State- Big win for their resume over Pitt last night. If they get to the ACC semifinals, a case could be made. NIT is strong possibility

High Conference Seeds: Davidson, NC Central, High Point, Elon- Both of these schools are in the top 4 in their conference and could make a run for the tourney. HP and NCCU is playing good ball right now.

Championship or Bust: Everyone else- Most of these schools are mid-major, so they get a pass. Wake Forest, on the other hand, is playing for job security. If they don't make it to the ACC final, Bzdelik is gone, and I will dance in the street.

I could easily see 4 or 5 teams from the state make it.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I'm still in relative awe about Wichita State. I know they made the Final Four last year, but... wow. Gregg Marshall. I knew this man personally when he was coach at Winthrop. I doubt he'd remember me now, considering all the people he's met since (this was 7 years ago) but it's still crazy for me to see.

Fun fact: I, among many others, got extremely drunk with Gregg Marshall in Spokane, WA after Winthrop beat Notre Dame in the 2007 NCAA Tournament. He is an extremely funny human being. My favorite quote from the night:

"Man, :censored: the west coast! I came over here and stole yo' p**sy! I stole yo' snatch!" (referring to his wife, who is from the west coast)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

VCU

Dayton

Arkansas

Xavier

Yeah, but I think Kansas is still a one even though they lost to Oklahoma State. If Kansas wins out and wins the Big 12 Tournament, the Jayhawks will stay on the one line. If the other teams (Florida, Arizona) win their conference tournament, the only team then that Virginia could over take would the Wichita State, if the Shockers are considered a one seed. If the Shockers win their conference tournament, the committee will probably put Wichita State on the one line. Virginia is 5th in the country and they're probably 5th in line for a number one seed. However in the final week of the regular season I keep flipping The Shockers from the 1B to 2A seed lines.

In my bracket, a Syracuse loss to Georgia Tech drops the Orange to a 4 seed in the East or maybe a three in a regional that isn't played in New York. I have Syracuse as a 3 seed in the East Region right now, if they win, they could bump to a two seed depending on how my other two seeds do.

Florida's 26-point road win at South Carolina will all but assure the Gators the top overall seed in the NCAA Tournament - provided they beat Kentucky and win the SEC Tournament.

Big South Conference Tournament starts today. If anybody wants to watch some afternoon/early evening hoops, all games are shown free on http://www.bigsouthsports.com

12:00 ET - Winthrop vs. Liberty

2:00(ish) - Radford vs. Presbyterian

4:00(ish) - Campbell vs. Charleston Southern

6:00(ish) - Gardner-Webb vs. Longwood

Again, if mid-major basketball tickles anyone's fancy, the Big South Conference Tournament has games scheduled all day today, all games are shown free on http://www.bigsouthsports.com (huh, apparently today's games aren't on the Big South website, they're on ESPN3)

12:00 ET - (#4 South) Winthrop vs. (#1 North) High Point

2:00 (ish) - (#2 South) UNC-Asheville vs. (#3 North) Radford

6:00 (ish) - (#5 South) Charleston Southern vs. (#1 South) Coastal Carolina

8:00 (ish) - (#3 South) Gardner-Webb vs. (#2 North) VMI

Archived