So, Wichita State won AGAIN today...still undefeated and deserving of a #1 seed if they finish the regular season like that. With this success, Gregg Marshall's name is going to come up when the major schools at the bottom start firing their head coaches after the tourney fields are announced (or even when some of the NBA teams start firing their coaches after the regular season ends)...my question is this: Is he gonna go where the big money is (Bruce Pearl, Brad Stevens) or is he gonna stay and continue building his team into perennial contenders (Mark Few, Shaka Smart) and his conference into a very attractive choice (as Few and Gonzaga did for the WCC)?

Gregg Marshall is really not on the NBA radar now, it's Fred Hoiberg.

As for other jobs within the Power 5 + Big East, there really are not many desirable jobs which could be open. Rick Barnes seems to have saved himself at Texas, but aside from Texas, there are really not many possible openings: DePaul, Georgia, Stanford and possibly in Wake Forest and Clemson.

Honestly, I think Fox is safe. If we get a top 4 seed in the SEC Tournament like we could do, he stays.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was up to me, conference tourneys would not exist. I appreciate the conferences that have the regular season champs host (there are a few still, right?). At least the regular season race means something.

I think the only one is the Ivy League.

Ivy League has no tourney....I was referring to those that have the regular season champs host the tournament....which as least renders the regular season title of some value in a one-bid league.

Off the top of my head, I do know that the Big Sky conference does that with the #1 seed hosting. I wonder if Sac State would be allowed to host if they ever get the best team because they basically play in a glorified high school gym.

I would hope so, but who knows. Maybe they'd try to get them to do it in a larger place, if available.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Florida is the scariest team right now. I think they bump to #1, Wichita to #2 and SU to #3.

Hopefully the loss wakes Syracuse up to start playing 40 minutes of games; not just the last two.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

#2 Florida also was on the ropes tonight. Frankly, they are fortunate that Auburn decided to play like dumbasses in the last 20 seconds because it was 66 apiece and Auburn had led for most of the game. I suspected there might be a lag after the Kentucky win on Saturday and that came to fruition; fortunately they escaped.

Syracuse, yeah, I would say they should be on a three game skid by now, but odds are if they lose those last two games, they don't lose tonight. They finally had a dicktrip that they couldn't recover from in time to save themselves tonight.

spacer.png

Yeah, who saw this coming? Weak ass Boston College takes down the Orange.

This helps Florida and Wichita State. They can move on up in the rankings. The Shockers now become the main focus of everyone to see if they can go unbeaten... and I think they can.

What they have left are home games with Drake and Missouri State sandwiched by a road trip to Bradley. None of these team can pose a real serious threat, but if I had to choose one... it'd be Drake. Only because the Bulldogs can spoil the conoration of their MVC title with a win.

Yeah, Bradley ain't beating Wichita State.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thank god the ncaa basketball rankings are meaningless.

Except when they help determine the seeding. Nebraska has never gotten past the first round of the tournament because every time we're good enough to crack the top 64, we get a first round game against Xavier, Gonzaga or some other traditional basketball titan.

I'm not complaining, but it's funny knowing that your first tourney game will be Kentucky or Duke, FML.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Still have faith in MSU, Zona, Cuse, and Florida. Wichita isn't a true number one until it joins a better conference. The thing to happen Wichita would be for it, VCU, and Saint Louis, to all join the Big East. Then there would be no skepticism of their record.

2013RoseBowlPNGsg_zps49cea191.png

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

FC BAYERN MUNCHEN-MICHIGAN STATE-THE DETROIT FOUR-WASHINGTON REDSKINS-LA LAKERS

Setting aside the Missouri Valley Conference's weakness this season....

Y'alls remember that Wichita State played in the Final Four last year, correct? That suggests that this crew may indeed have the chops to compete as a 1 seed.

Still have faith in MSU, Zona, Cuse, and Florida. Wichita isn't a true number one until it joins a better conference. The thing to happen Wichita would be for it, VCU, and Saint Louis, to all join the Big East. Then there would be no skepticism of their record.

Wichita State isn't joining a private school conference.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wichita State has at least a win over a top 25 RPI team. UVa, who will most likely win the ACC regular season has yet to have one. Neither does Kentucky (2nd in the SEC) or UCLA (2nd in the Pac-12).

Thank god the ncaa basketball rankings are meaningless.

Except when they help determine the seeding. Nebraska has never gotten past the first round of the tournament because every time we're good enough to crack the top 64, we get a first round game against Xavier, Gonzaga or some other traditional basketball titan.

I'm not complaining, but it's funny knowing that your first tourney game will be Kentucky or Duke, FML.

Not really. Rankings are more like a barring most fans (the ones who start watching in March) use as a barring to know who the contenders are, once you get into March, it doesn't matter, nothing is one in NCAA basketball with rankings, unlike football.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived