Just a question...has anyone else almost lost complete interest in the NCAA basketball regular season? I don't know if it is because I'm older and have less time to devote to watching sports or its because the NBA has ruined it. Maybe both...

The NBA has not ruined the game, the game has done it to itself through the following:

1-Clutching and grabbing from defenders although this season has a greater emphasis on calling fouls. This season is much more watchable than the last decade previously was.

2-It is coach-driven, not player driven. Coaches are too controlling and hinder creativity.

3-There still is a disconnect between the majority of HS rules to the NCAA game. Only six states use a shot clock.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a question...has anyone else almost lost complete interest in the NCAA basketball regular season? I don't know if it is because I'm older and have less time to devote to watching sports or its because the NBA has ruined it. Maybe both...

I'll hazard cheering for Penn State is part of it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'll hazard cheering for Penn State is part of it.

Haha I've never liked Penn State basketball

So on the scheduld today we have #17 Memphis hosting D-II LeMoyne Owen, yep no joke folks somebody must of canceled on them, cause they is NO way they actually schedule that is there??? Good grief what a bloodbath that will be, will they put up southern like numbers??? May our prayers be with you LeMoyne......

Creighton obliterates #4 Villanova on the road and at one time, lead by 40! :shocked:

Creighton is a pretty underrated team to be honest. They remind me of VCU from 2011 since they are an unbelievable shooting the three. Doug McDermott is scary good, and is my pick for the Naismith PoY so far.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Eight of the top 25 lost on Saturday with Michigan and Pitt playing tough games one Sunday.

Michigan@IU and Pitt home against UVa, who is 7-1 in conference.

Now will Wichita State go into the tournament unbeaten?

Their next game is on the road against Indiana State. That's easily their biggest test left.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ugh, Illinois erased a 20 point first half deficit to finally take the lead against Iowa with about 5 minutes left only to end up losing. First home loss to Iowa since 1999. Seven straight losses in a row. If you like watching a basketball team that can't make a jump shot (or layup, really) be sure to tune in to BTN on Tuesday night.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Hahaha Hahaha

:censored: MgoBrian

Today, we are all otaku.

Thanks, Cal!

I was pulling for Cal but I would've liked to see the officials call a technical foul for the crowd rushing the court with :00.9 remaining.

Seems like it should've been called, but how often does it get the technical?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

So the Cats drop one spot to #2. Not surprising at all to me, but many are complaining that after falling to an unranked team they should have slid down the polls even further. Does anyone else make a strong case for #2 in your eyes?

DLWatt.png

So the Cats drop one spot to #2. Not surprising at all to me, but many are complaining that after falling to an unranked team they should have slid down the polls even further. Does anyone else make a strong case for #2 in your eyes?

#3 Florida and #4 Wichita State are hampered by weak conferences.

Today, we are all otaku.

There is no consensus #2 this year. Each team has either a bad loss or no good wins. Doesn't matter though, as it's still relatively early.

Syracuse is the clear #1, but not because it's been super dominant. They've had several close ones and had some lucky bounces. However, they could easily be 17-3 and out of the top ten.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived