• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They needed at least this game to get in. They are done.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There are only so many berths in the tourney and my gut says Minnesota is out. After Nebraska's loss to Ohio State, I'd say the Huskers maybe drop to a 12 or 13 seed instead of the 9 or 10 they were protected as earlier.

Hate to root for the Bucks, but I wouldn't mind seeing them stomp Michigan and MSU.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

So Florida, Wichita st. Acc champ(duke/virgina) get 1seeds, but who else?? Louisville or does Cincy get it or does Villanova back in to one??

Arizona?

Opps forgot about them, shows how much I'm buying them as a legitimate title contender.

So Florida, Wichita st. Acc champ(duke/virgina) get 1seeds, but who else?? Louisville or does Cincy get it or does Villanova back in to one??

The winner of Louisville/Cincinnati or Arizona.

Arizona is getting a one and were going to get it before the week started with their #1 RPI and wins @Michigan, @SDSU and Duke@MSG.

That said, this field is so damn weak, the committee may even move a team two lines from their "true seed" for balance. 37 at-large bids this year is far too many. A 54-team bracket this year would be more appropriate.

Arizona?

Exactly. That's who I'm liking right now.

I'd say for the 1 seeds:

1. Florida (assuming they win the SEC Tournament.)

2. Arizona (assuming they win the PAC-12 Tournament), if not then Witchita St.

3. Wichita St.

4. Duke/Virginia/ACC Winner (If neither of those 2 win, I'd have to put in Michigan or Wisconsin if they can win the B1G, or Louisville if they win the American will be in consideration.

Also, I'm thinking State gets in with their win over Syracuse, a loss to Duke shouldn't knock them out, and even if Clemson knocks off Duke, I don't think State would lose to them.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The winner of Louisville/Cincinnati or Arizona.

Cincinnati may not survive UConn.

edit: UConn wins.

IUe6Hvh.png

Looks like the NIT's mostly gonna be full of autobids...Idaho knocked off Utah Valley and Cal Poly beat UC-Irvine in the WAC and Big West tourneys, respectively.

A lot of these teams in the bigger conferences now got the pressure to win the tourneys...if they lose, the best some of them might hope for is the CBI now.

bYhYmxh.png

I still think Green Bay is the last team in.

So far teams in the nit:

UC irvine

Vermont

Boston u

UVU

Green bay(if they don't get in)

Southern

Davidson

Robert Morris

Any others I'm missing??

You forgot Florida Gulf Coast, High Point, Iona and Belmont...also Southern is ineligible for postseason because of APR sanctions.

bYhYmxh.png

So far teams in the nit:

UC irvine

Vermont

Boston u

UVU

Southern

Davidson

Robert Morris

Any others I'm missing??

You forgot Florida Gulf Coast, High Point, Iona and Belmont...also Southern is ineligible for postseason because of APR sanctions.

Ahhh damn that's alot. If southern was ineligible why was they playing in the SWAC tourney?(at least they lost 1st round)

So far teams in the nit:

UC irvine

Vermont

Boston u

UVU

Southern

Davidson

Robert Morris

Any others I'm missing??

Ahhh damn that's alot. If southern was ineligible why was they playing in the SWAC tourney?(at least they lost 1st round)

Because four SWAC teams were ineligible, so the SWAC got a special exemption from the NCAA to have all teams in the conference tourney. Had an ineligible team won it, the bid would go to the eligible team which advanced the furthest (if all eligible teams had been eliminated, the tiebreaker would go to who advanced furthest, then to seed).

bYhYmxh.png

So far teams in the nit:

UC irvine

Vermont

Boston u

UVU

Southern

Davidson

Robert Morris

Any others I'm missing??

Because four SWAC teams were ineligible, so the SWAC got a special exemption from the NCAA to have all teams in the conference tourney. Had an ineligible team won it, the bid would go to the eligible team which advanced the furthest (if all eligible teams had been eliminated, the tiebreaker would go to who advanced furthest, then to seed).

Good grief, what a mess, they should of fofited the auto-bid then. Glad it never came to that.

So far teams in the nit:

UC irvine

Vermont

Boston u

UVU

Southern

Davidson

Robert Morris

Any others I'm missing??

Good grief, what a mess, they should of fofited the auto-bid then. Glad it never came to that.

The ruling for the SWAC impacts every sport in the conference.

Two SWAC presidents voted against the exemption..Jackson State and Alabama State.

Archived