2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose you think that all those in the European union should be one country then if you want to get political.

Nigel-Farage-010_zpsf054fc2b.jpg

Taking the original debate completly out of context.

Back to the football. Bye bye Portugal.

glory10.png

Never mind the celebrating US players, I want to see a close up of Ronaldo. :D

Just for the tears in his eyes. he needs to step up now like Messi.

glory10.png

Since I can't stand this horrible sport, I've found it's more enjoyable to vicariously experience through twitter. I can tell when the opposition scores because it's a lot of silence and bitching. When USA scores it's caps for about 80 tweets with various takes on 'MURIKA. Cool that they're winning, though.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I suppose you think that all those in the European union should be one country then if you want to get political.

Nigel-Farage-010_zpsf054fc2b.jpg

Taking the original debate completly out of context.

Hehe, I wasn't going anywhere with that. I just find the whole British national team debate pointless. I mean, yeah, the UK probably should have a single team by this point, but there's so much tradition wrapped up in the individual constitute country "national" teams that doing away with them at this point would just cause a lot of unnecessary headaches. So the current arrangement, with constitute national teams competing in most tournaments and a UK team cobbled together for the Olympics, is probably fine for the foreseeable future.

Anyway LOL PORTUGAL

Nothing horrible about soccer/football. Worlds greatest game.

I didn't join a soccer thread to intentionally troll about soccer, much less with an englishman who doesn't know how to use apostrophes. All I was stating was my personal preference and how experiencing the sport through social media is more entertaining, I find, than the games themselves. I'm glad so many enjoy it, as it's obviously a huge event and all that, but as somebody who has a firm stance against any interest in soccer, reading tweets is about as connected as I get. This is, in a small way, a victory over me by soccer.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived