2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-I was thinking a one year suspension for Suarez now they're talking possibly two years.

-Just seeing Sepp Blatter on television makes me ill.

-Definitely rooting for Colombia & Costa Rica in their respective matches against Uruguay & Greece in the Round of 16.

John Oliver is always hilarious and completely correct about FIFA. Cheers.

Call me crazy, but I feel like tomorrow's almost sort of a Judgment Day for US Soccer.

I'm worried that if they fail to advance, it's gonna be viewed as a horrendous missed chance and that we ruined any momentum for US Soccer because we couldn't progress.

1-10 scale: how big a failure would it be if the US doesn't advance to the WC round of 16?

That John Oliver rant on FIFA and the World Cup was absolutely priceless! I laughed almost cried throughout. But really he was spot on!

And with the FIFA disciplinary hearing they opened up, here is the link to it

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014/m=6/news=disciplinary-proceedings-opened-against-luis-suarez-2384766.html

"Now, I don't know about y'all, but I sure as hell didn't come down from the goddamn [Rocky] Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half of [CONCACAF] and jump out of a :censored: in' air-o-plane to teach the [Germans} lessons in [soccer]... We will be cruel to the Germans, and through our cruelty they will know who we are... and the Germans won't be able to help themselves but to imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands, and our boot heels... And the Germans will be sickened by us, and the Germans will talk about us, and the Germans will fear us... Sound good?"

10329184_845326068811706_711502677819979

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Ghana have sent home both Sully Muntari and Kevin Prince Boateng.

Muntari is reported to have slapped a senior GFA official during a heated meeting, while Boateng "verbally abused" coach Kwesi Appiah, said the GFA.

The Ghana FA have added: "The decision was taken in the wake of his unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member of the GFA and a management member of the Black Stars, Mr Moses Armah on Tuesday 24th June, 2014 during a meeting.

"The GFA has approved coach Kwesi Appiah's decision to suspend Kevin-Prince Boateng indefinitely from the Black Stars.

"The decision was taken following Boateng's vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah during the team's training session in Maceio this week.

"Boateng has since showed no remorse for his actions which has resulted in the decision."

muntari would have missed todays game due to suspension.

glory10.png

Ghana have sent home both Sully Muntari and Kevin Prince Boateng.

Muntari is reported to have slapped a senior GFA official during a heated meeting, while Boateng "verbally abused" coach Kwesi Appiah, said the GFA.

The Ghana FA have added: "The decision was taken in the wake of his unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member of the GFA and a management member of the Black Stars, Mr Moses Armah on Tuesday 24th June, 2014 during a meeting.

"The GFA has approved coach Kwesi Appiah's decision to suspend Kevin-Prince Boateng indefinitely from the Black Stars.

"The decision was taken following Boateng's vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah during the team's training session in Maceio this week.

"Boateng has since showed no remorse for his actions which has resulted in the decision."

muntari would have missed todays game due to suspension.

Not the best time for a meltdown, guys. Ghana has a chance to move on should the USA drop the ball, so any sort of controversy is just bad news.

One of the players have responded.

Ghana midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng says he and team-mate Sulley Muntari were "joking around" before they were sent home.

Boateng told German magazine Sport-Bild: "Sulley Muntari and I were just joking around and the coach [Kwesi Appiah] stopped the session and sent us back to the changing room.

"Afterwards I went to the him and asked what he had against me and he started yelling. He insulted me."

A statement on the Ghana FA website said both players had "been suspended indefinitely".

Boateng said he accepted his suspension but seemed to dispute the reasons the Ghana FA gave for it.

"No one should think I insulted the coach," he said. "I'm travelling now and I wish my colleagues all the best for Portugal game.

glory10.png

What a time for the two top players of Ghana to go off the deep end and be sent home by their federation...selfishness rears it's ugly head again in this World Cup. Best of luck to the depleted Ghanans v Portugal. They are going to need it, especially with a chance for them to advance if the Germans (no if actually :P) beat the Americans by a high goal differential. It's going to be a good day to be German.

Suarez gets a 9 match international ban and a ban for 4 months on any related football matters.

So if I'm getting this right that means he is banned from playing in any capacity until October 26...

That means he won't be able to play until Week 10 of the Premier League (based on the schedule I am reading online) right?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches.html?paramClubId=ALL&paramComp_100=true&view=.dateSeason

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The office Liverpool fan has just finished an impassioned defence of Suarez, which concluded 'it wasn't as bad as the first bite he did'.

I'm not sure if that could form the basis of an effective appeal, in all honesty.

The office Liverpool fan has just finished an impassioned defence of Suarez, which concluded 'it wasn't as bad as the first bite he did'.

I'm not sure if that could form the basis of an effective appeal, in all honesty.

Imagine that kind of defense in a court of law.

"I know my client has been convicted on multiple acts of biting people, your honor, but in his defense it wasn't nearly as bad as the first time."

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I'm surprised if Suarez learns from this ban, it's not as long as it should have been in my opinion.

Dude needs serious mental help, like he needs to be assessed if he's even fit to play pro football at it's highest level if he keeps on pulling crap like this.

In all honesty, I think that the next offence, if it shouldn't have even have happened this time around, he should be tried for assault.

FIFA disappoint again. Both the suspension and fine are soft for a third time offender.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

FIFA disappoint again. Both the suspension and fine are soft for a third time offender.

I dunno, it doesn't seem too soft. If Uruguay loses in the round of 16 or the quarterfinals he's guranteed to miss all of Russia.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived