World Junior Hockey 2014

FGM13

So it's that time of year again, as tomorrow marks the start of the 2014 IIHF World Juniors in Malmo, Sweden. Sweden is a powerhouse, the USA is gonna contend, Russia's gonna Russia it up and score a lot of goals, and my own Team Canada is kinda scaring me.

Post predictions, updates and opinions on the World Juniors as the need arises, and Merry Christmas!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Russia vs. Sweden Gold Medal. Canada is good, but I just need to see a few games to find out where they'll be at, USA isn't as great as last year. No Gaudreau, no Jones but Jon Gillies I will be cheering for, as he is a Flames prospect.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It'll be nice not having to get up at 4am for the games this year.

Speak for yourself, watching games on from the west coast is brutal.

I decided to skip this game simply because I couldn't get myself up at 5:30 am.

Yeah...so Germany won 3-0...the Czech Republic is now in last place.

Norwegians almost beat the Swiss. Would have been crazy to see Switzerland and the Czech Republic fight each other to dodge relegation.

And Canada with the narrow win over the Slovaks. Perhaps it's a good thing to be challenged, get some experience, and build character. After all, our embarassments to the US in recent years have been largely due to the fact that we breezed through the round-robin and weren't prepared for real competition. So perhaps we'll catch the Yanks off-guard and show them why we're the best.

Or our glaring holes will widen against an *actual* opponent and well get our asses handed to us. Either one.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yeah...so Germany won 3-0...the Czech Republic is now in last place.

Norwegians almost beat the Swiss. Would have been crazy to see Switzerland and the Czech Republic fight each other to dodge relegation.

And Canada with the narrow win over the Slovaks. Perhaps it's a good thing to be challenged, get some experience, and build character. After all, our embarassments to the US in recent years have been largely due to the fact that we breezed through the round-robin and weren't prepared for real competition. So perhaps we'll catch the Yanks off-guard and show them why we're the best.

Or our glaring holes will widen against an *actual* opponent and well get our asses handed to us. Either one.

We're gonna get our asses handed to us on a silver platter rimmed with bronze, 'cause we're sure not getting gold!

Archived