2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

No Ty is Childress' grandson there is no way he goes anywhere else

Menard is fine where he is... Yes Ty is a grandson, but there could be a chance to build a sibling rivalry if Ty goes to a different team... Dale Jr could've decided to sign his nephew, Jeffrey to a nationwide series contract, but he didn't and now he's trying to compete on a different team... My point is Ty probably doesn't want to live in his older brother's shadow and he should jump ship to a different team to prove himself even more.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of JGR, one thing that surprises me is that the Mars company that sponsors Kyle Busch (and formerly Elliott Sadler) is that they have not once had a Milky Way/Twix sponsored car.

M&M/Snickers are the obvious cars that are driven here, but I think it's a missed opportunity.

I think it would look cooler than the lame Combos cars.

Twix would make a decent looking car... I never really liked the Combos car either... Hell why not have a M&Ms/Snickers/Twix/Milky Way sponsored paint scheme all on one car?
And what about Wrigley's Doublemint?

Also,to the RCR situation,the 33 car has been part time since Bowyer moved to MWR in 2012,so the 33 car has been shared this year with Circle Sports so if Edwards drives the 33,Menard has to opt out of his contract so that the 27 can be open for Ty Dillion in the future.

Ty Dillon doesn't necessarily have to follow his brother to RCR... Take a look at the Busch brothers... Kyle is with Joe Gibbs and Kurt is with Stewart-Haas. If I was to guess about Ty Dillon I'd say that Hendrick could take a look at him to drive the 5 and boot Kahne out in the future.
You're missing the big point here. Ty Dillion is Childress' GRANDSON. But where you are going,well,see last year,Austin Dillion drove for Phoenix Racing,Stewart Haas,and RCR. Ty can do that,even though he will not be using his grandfather's engine.

EDIT:What about Carl drives the 29 or 27 (Menard goes to the 29) instead of Carl going to the 33 so that Ty can race in the 33?

Speaking of JGR, one thing that surprises me is that the Mars company that sponsors Kyle Busch (and formerly Elliott Sadler) is that they have not once had a Milky Way/Twix sponsored car.

M&M/Snickers are the obvious cars that are driven here, but I think it's a missed opportunity.

Twix would make a decent looking car... I never really liked the Combos car either... Hell why not have a M&Ms/Snickers/Twix/Milky Way sponsored paint scheme all on one car?

Also,to the RCR situation,the 33 car has been part time since Bowyer moved to MWR in 2012,so the 33 car has been shared this year with Circle Sports so if Edwards drives the 33,Menard has to opt out of his contract so that the 27 can be open for Ty Dillion in the future.

Ty Dillon doesn't necessarily have to follow his brother to RCR... Take a look at the Busch brothers... Kyle is with Joe Gibbs and Kurt is with Stewart-Haas. If I was to guess about Ty Dillon I'd say that Hendrick could take a look at him to drive the 5 and boot Kahne out in the future.
You're missing the big point here. Ty Dillion is Childress' GRANDSON. But where you are going,well,see last year,Austin Dillion drove for Phoenix Racing,Stewart Haas,and RCR. Ty can do that,even though he will not be using his grandfather's engine.

EDIT:What about Carl drives the 29 or 27 (Menard goes to the 29) instead of Carl going to the 33 so that Ty can race in the 33?

that would make sense... Austin in the 3, Menard in the 27, Newman in the 31 (unless he leaves), Ty in the 29 or 33. It's looking more likely that Edwards is going to Gibbs. No need for anyone to opt out of contracts or any of that nonsense.

Ty has no future with Hendrick: It's either Regan Smith or Chase Elliot in the 5 car next, or even the 24 when Jeff decides he's done.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Ty has no future with Hendrick: It's either Regan Smith or Chase Elliot in the 5 car next, or even the 24 when Jeff decides he's done.

if I were to guess, I'd say the 24 gets retired (or at least remain dormant for a while) after Gordon decides to retire. Hendrick would consist of 5,25,48,88 or if Petty sells the 9 to Hendrick for Chase Elliott it would be 5 or 25,9,48,88

if I were to guess, I'd say the 24 gets retired (or at least remain dormant for a while) after Gordon decides to retire. Hendrick would consist of 5,25,48,88 or if Petty sells the 9 to Hendrick for Chase Elliott it would be 5 or 25,9,48,88

Petty wouldn't sell the #9, NASCAR would give it to Hendrick for Chase, but I doubt Chase would want the number. Is Dale Jr racing the 3? If Dale wanted to run the 3 when he went to Hendrick, all he would have to do is have Mr H ask NASCAR for it.

No car owner OWNS the numbers.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Today, Hendrick Motorsports announced that Greg Ives, currently Chase Elliott's crew chief in the Nationwide series, will move across the garage area and become Dale Earnhardt Jr's crew chief for 2015 in the Sprint Cup series.

This may be a good move. Ives has done a great job with Chase this year, though Chase may be the main reason for the team's success.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

facepalm

You are missing what I'm saying,DNAsports! Although that would sound good. But if Catchfence is not going to RCR,the next best way is that he is going to JGR. My best idea is him driving the 81 or 54 with either Subway,Cheez It,Frosted Flakes or UPS to be his sponsors. But another unpopular opinion is him going to CPRwFS in the vacant since 2008 no.40 machine.

hardest jobs in American sports:

Notre Dame head football coach

Yankees manager

Cowboys qb

Dale Jr's crew chief

Yankees manager

Cowboys qb

Dale Jr's crew chief

Steve Letarte has done such a great job the last four years though. I really feel like him and Junebug have come into their own.

Whatever happened to the name crew chiefs? I know Knaus is probably this era's Evernham, but besides him and Fennig, I don't recognize most of the crew chiefs running cars today.

They used to have cool names like Fatback or Slugger- whatever happened to guys like Makar, Parrott, Leslie, Stoddard, Loomis, the Eurys?

Yankees manager

Cowboys qb

Dale Jr's crew chief

Ever since the boneheaded crew chief swap at DEI in 2005, it hasn't been the same.

Junior's greatest season came with Tony Eury- a year later, the swap.

But there is no way that Carl is going to JGR,or is he??

Live under a rock? This has practically been THE free agency buzz maker for the past couple of YEARS. It's been rumored for a while now, but never had happened. Now all of a sudden, Edwards is leaving Roush, and Gibbs is saying that a fourth team is likely. I'm not a calculus teacher, but if I were to add the two together, the result would be Cousin/Concrete Carl driving with a JGR patch on his firesuit next year

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

So.. does this mean Bayne finally has a full time ride?

Confirmed about a month ago. He'll be driving the #6 with full sponsorship from AdvoCare. Heck, Roush announced his driver lineup on Sunday: Biffle, Stenhouse, and Bayne. I imagine Bayne will get the owners points from the 99.

And before anyone asks who will drive the 21, Sam Hornish will drive that car, once again part-time

So.. does this mean Bayne finally has a full time ride?

Confirmed about a month ago. He'll be driving the #6 with full sponsorship from AdvoCare. Heck, Roush announced his driver lineup on Sunday: Biffle, Stenhouse, and Bayne. I imagine Bayne will get the owners points from the 99.

And before anyone asks who will drive the 21, Sam Hornish will drive that car, once again part-time

Hornish was better in IndyCar then he is in NASCAR today.

If anyone cares, Mark Martin is going back home to Roush...

... To serve as a driver development coach. If I remember correctly, he was helping Stewart-Haas as a test driver/driving coach for Danica. With the large amount of youth in Roush nowadays (minus Biffle), they could learn a thing or two from Mark. Bayne, Ricky, Chris Beuscher, and Ryan Reed could use a bit of help.

EDIT: Why's it seem like every one of my posts bumps the topic to the next page? It's weird...

Archived