2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

"Thank you Lord!" - Ty after his win.

That burnout where the car was standing still on the start/finish line was truly an amazing sight. Sr. Would've been proud.

That's the happiest I've seen any driver after a win.

There was is no sadder scene than a non-Cup or 500 race at Indy.

They need to return to Thursday night at Lucas Oil Raceway! No more of this Big House racing. Nationwide should be on the .686 mile track!!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember those Lucas Oil races. TNT, back when they were awesome, at one point had NASCAR big-league drivers actually calling the race with Allen and BP (Tony Stewart, Elliott Sadler, and Jeff Burton respectively from '02-'04)

THIS JUST IN!!!!

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/7/27/sprint-cup-roush-fenway-racing-2015-team-carl-edwards-greg-biffle.html

SPEEDWAY, Ind. – Carl Edwards will not be a part of the Roush Fenway Racing driver lineup for 2015, according to team officials.

Team co-owner Jack Roush announced the organization's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series lineup here at Indianapolis Motor Speedway today where teams are competing in the Crown Royal presents, The John Wayne Walding 400 at the Brickyard (1 p.m. ET, ESPN).

That roster will consist of veteran Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr., both of whom currently compete in Sprint Cup for RFR, as well as 2014 Nationwide Series regular Trevor Bayne.

*waits for JGR announcement in August*

baltimoreravens.png

Lost out on two tickets to the Nationwide race at Mid-Ohio. Dad had that weekend off, it was the second-to-last weekend for my summer vacation... Lost out by about 10 bucks. Oh well. The money's going to a good cause. It came with the 'Nationwide Hospitality tent' (whatever that is) and 'goodies'. I saw them on the auction table and my mouth hit the floor. Guess I'll be watching it from home

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

THIS JUST IN!!!!

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/7/27/sprint-cup-roush-fenway-racing-2015-team-carl-edwards-greg-biffle.html

SPEEDWAY, Ind. – Carl Edwards will not be a part of the Roush Fenway Racing driver lineup for 2015, according to team officials.

Team co-owner Jack Roush announced the organization's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series lineup here at Indianapolis Motor Speedway today where teams are competing in the Crown Royal presents, The John Wayne Walding 400 at the Brickyard (1 p.m. ET, ESPN).

That roster will consist of veteran Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr., both of whom currently compete in Sprint Cup for RFR, as well as 2014 Nationwide Series regular Trevor Bayne.

*waits for JGR announcement in August*

Why does it always seem that Roush is so willing to get rid of his best drivers, whether it's Busch, Kenseth, or in this case Edwards. I will never really understand it.

From 2002-2005, Roush was a beast.

Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch, Jeff Burton, Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards.

Ever since Kurt's Phoenix 2005 incident, it's been all downhill since save for 2008 + 2011 for Carl.

Results from Indianapolis:

1. Gordon

2. Kyle Busch

3. Hamlin

4. Kenseth

5. Logano

6. Khane

7. Larson

8. Harvick

9. Earnhardt Jr.

10. Dillon

Impressive run by the rookies. Gordon just had the dominant car, but so did Harvick & Khane. I'm happy for Gordon, he earned it & did so 20 years ago. Probably one of the better 400's I've seen. Onto Pocono next...

baltimoreravens.png

If you're not a Chevrolet or aligned with Hendrick, you're not going to win at Indy. Simple as that.

Dale Jarrett (x2), Ricky Rudd and Bill Elliot just happened to get lucky is all. (Especially Rudd since he managed to win the 1997 running of the race via a fuel gamble.)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Jeff Gordon with a unique Brickyard trifecta.

He's won here on 3 different TV networks, 3 different NASCAR Cup names, 3 different crew chiefs, and 3 different car designs.

If you're not a Chevrolet or aligned with Hendrick, you're not going to win at Indy. Simple as that.

Dale Jarrett (x2), Ricky Rudd and Bill Elliot just happened to get lucky is all. (Especially Rudd since he managed to win the 1997 running of the race via a fuel gamble.)

Jarrett got lucky in '96 when Irvin faltered late, but he dominated 1999.

I stopped hating Jeff Gordon by 2003, honestly.

All the things of years earlier that made it easy to root against him were gone by then.

Being a Rudd fan in the 90s was frustrating since you saw that Rainbow DuPont #24 car in Victory Lane pretty much every Sunday. I hated Jeff Gordon growing up because of that.

I don't really like Jeff Gordon now, but I certainly don't have the kind of disdain I had for him growing up.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

By 2003- it was no more Brooke, new crew chief (Robbie Loomis never got the Evernham amount of credit treatment), cooler-looking car (Rainbow out, Flames in), and he was no longer undispuitedly THE man in Hendrick (Jimmie was becoming a breakout star).

Whereas I once pulled for him to not win championships, I was actually crushed when he fell short in 2004.

Really, he and Tony Stewart are the last current links to NASCAR's truly great era.

So back to the whole Edwards situation...

This is pure speculation here, but what if Edwards takes over the 18 car while Kyle drives the 4th car, being the #54 Monster Energy machine? The only other thing I can think of is Edwards driving the 54 for Gibbs, which sounds much more likely now that I think about it.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived