2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone remember the end of Talladega Nights where the entire field except Ricky Bobby and the French guy wrecked? That pretty much happened just now.

Gordon, Johnson, Jr, edwards, Stonehouse, Stewart, Harvick, Kenseth, Ambrose, Larson, Bayne, and I think Martin Truex Jr all involved. Only three drivers who won this year (22 + Busch brothers) weren't involved in this one. I see a new winner today

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Jeff's car looks pretty good despite having the 14 go across his nose and getting in the wall, so I feel he still has a shot because he did have a fast car.

guess not, he's just riding in the back it seems.

Bowyer, Newman, and Truex Jr are in the back, too. Jeff could very well be just anticipating another wreck with so many inexperienced drivers running for lead contention, or maybe since he has front-end damage, he just wants to follow for a while and make a move late. Ambrose picked up some damage but he's still running pretty well. Without too much damage, a lot of times you can still follow decently well enough to stay with it.

ANOTHER Big one. Kyle Busch is on his roof, practically half the remaining cars were involved. Biffle, Logano, Bowyer, Menard, Cole Whitt, Ryan Truex, David Ragan, Gordon again (not much damage I believe), Danica (I think), Keselowski (ditto Gordon), Kahne, Kenseth again, and many many more involved.

Yep. Talladega Nights 2: Drama in Daytona.

EDIT: I counted less than 20 made it out of that. We'll be lucky to have 15 cars by the end.

EDIT 2: TNT says 18 cars were involved. FOX Sports posted that there were 16 in the first. 34 cars have received damage today in both wrecks. Holy crap.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Jr was back to the top ten, and I saw Jeff back up to the front as well. A scary thing to think about is: Did the big one come early, or is it yet to come? (Provided the rain holds off, of course)

On a side note: Makes me really sad to see Bobby involved in that one. This was the best ride he's been in since Gibbs, and he was running pretty solid today. Hopefully he'll get some more shots in some good rides in the races to come.

After a crazy Coke Zero 400...

1.Almirola

2. Vickers

3. Kurt Busch

4. Mears

5. Dillon

6. Hamlin

7. McDowell

8. Patrick

9. Bowyer

10. Ambrose

First victory for the 43 since April of 1999. We also got 2 big ones that wiped out most of the field. On to New Hampshire & TNT's last broadcast (thankfully).

baltimoreravens.png

Great day for Petty Motorsports with a win plus a 10th place finish. Great win for Almirola. It's not the way you want to win a race, but hopefully this will spark them going forwards. They've been having solid runs the last year and a half, and it's good to see them finally get rewarded. Crazy day today. Next week could also produce a new winner. You know how exciting short track action is.

Hmmm, I dunno how to feel about this....

A group of nine multi-car teams participating in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) announced today they have formed a collaborative business association called the Race Team Alliance (RTA).The purpose of the organization is to create an open forum for the teams to explore areas of common interest and to work collaboratively on initiatives to help preserve, promote, and grow the sport of stock car racing. The organization intends to open up its membership to all full time NSCS teams in the very near future.

The following teams are the executive members of the RTA: Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, Hendrick Motor Sports, Joe Gibbs Racing, Michael Waltrip Racing, Richard Childress Racing, Richard Petty Motor Sports, Roush Fenway Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing and Team Penske.
In providing a vehicle for the teams to work together, the organization creates for the first time a single entity to engage with stakeholders on creative ways to market and experience the power of the sport’s teams and drivers. As part of its focus, the RTA also plans to explore innovative ways to harness the combined purchasing power and scale of the teams’ operations to drive efficiencies in costs.

I smell a union & that union isn't happy.

baltimoreravens.png

A group of nine multi-car teams participating in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) announced today they have formed a collaborative business association called the Race Team Alliance (RTA).The purpose of the organization is to create an open forum for the teams to explore areas of common interest and to work collaboratively on initiatives to help preserve, promote, and grow the sport of stock car racing. The organization intends to open up its membership to all full time NSCS teams in the very near future.

The following teams are the executive members of the RTA: Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, Hendrick Motor Sports, Joe Gibbs Racing, Michael Waltrip Racing, Richard Childress Racing, Richard Petty Motor Sports, Roush Fenway Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing and Team Penske.

In providing a vehicle for the teams to work together, the organization creates for the first time a single entity to engage with stakeholders on creative ways to market and experience the power of the sports teams and drivers. As part of its focus, the RTA also plans to explore innovative ways to harness the combined purchasing power and scale of the teams operations to drive efficiencies in costs.

Sounds like a union, I'm not sure i see nascar banning union drivers like they did back in the day in today's world

I'm obviously no experts on unions, but based on the little info I know about the NBA and NFL players unions, this could create salary caps, max contracts, etc, correct? This means no more "lifetime" contracts (Example: Jeff Gordon's contract)

In providing a vehicle for the teams to work together, the organization creates for the first time a single entity to engage with stakeholders on creative ways to market and experience the power of the sports teams and drivers. As part of its focus, the RTA also plans to explore innovative ways to harness the combined purchasing power and scale of the teams operations to drive efficiencies in costs.

Sounds like a union, I'm not sure i see nascar banning union drivers like they did back in the day in today's world

Unions are for employees. These are the owners. One of the words you're looking for is "Cartel"

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Interesting. I'm not intelligent enough to understand exactly what it means, but if it is a "union", I don't think NASCAR quite has the leverage they've had in the past when dealing with the issue. I'm sure as hell not clearing my Saturdays nights or Sundays to watch replacement drivers and definitely not sitting through the entirety of the races like I do now. Besides, if they even threatened to go the replacement driver route... what the hell cars would they run? They'd be up against the owners who supply 'em. Seems like they'd have to lock 'em out.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived