2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

4 in a row for Mr. Hendrick at Pocono. It may be a snooze fest of a track, but as a Hendrick fan, it's a decent track.

As the not-so-wise Kyle Petty once said, 'Oh my gosh, that's incredible!'

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Role reversal from Vegas- this time, Keselowski faltered late and Junior came through at the end.

Pretty cool to see an 88 win at Pocono (I was an old-school Dale Jarrett fan and my support was always with the Robert Yates cars until they dropped out).

Bit of a wacky, fun race- with pit road shenanigans! (Jimmie's collision with Ambrose, Smoke going in too fast).

4 in a row for Mr. Hendrick at Pocono. It may be a snooze fest of a track, but as a Hendrick fan, it's a decent track.

As the not-so-wise Kyle Petty once said, 'Oh my gosh, that's incredible!'

6th different Hendrick driver total IIRC that's won at Pocono (Terry Labonte and the late Tim Richmond).

No one's gonna win Most Popular Driver as long as Little E is on the circuit....

If anyone from Red it or DogeCoin reads this, it'll be bulletin board material.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Who are your favorite drivers, past and present?

I used to support the Robert Yates Racing drivers (Allison, Irvin, Jarrett, Rudd, Sadler), but now I'm a Harvick guy.

My favorite past driver was Ricky Rudd (from 1997 to 2007). Right now, my current favorite driver is AJ Allmendinger (2009-Present). I got to meet AJ as he had an appearance in Brodheadsville, PA this past Saturday.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I'm a Jeff Gordon fan as well. Kevin Harvick will likely be my guy when Gordon retires since he's the wife's favorite and he's pretty like able. Maybe whoever takes over Gordon's car will be my favorite, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm a Jeff Gordon fan as well. Kevin Harvick will likely be my guy when Gordon retires since he's the wife's favorite and he's pretty like able. Maybe whoever takes over Gordon's car will be my favorite, though.

I think chase Elliot will be the guy replacing him when he retires, but I also dont see them keeping khans around much longer and if that's the case i dont know who they have coming up the ranks as well

Well, I've been an Earnhardt Sr. fan before he died but as of now, I usually have a few I root for, I like Harvick, Hamlin (local boy, what can I tell you?), Little E, Tony, Kes (waits for the rotten fruit). I even like the up & comers, such as the Dillon boys, Trevor Bayne & Kyle Larson.

Looks like "The Biff" will stay with Roush after all...

http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/2014/06/greg-biffle-to-remain-with-roush-fenway.html

NASCAR veteran Greg Biffle and his primary sponsor, 3M, will remain with Roush Fenway Racing, multiple sources have confirmed to the Charlotte Observer and ThatsRacin.com.

An official announcement of contract extensions for Biffle and the sponsor with RFR could come as soon as this coming week, sources said.

A team spokesman said the organization would continue its policy of not commenting on drivers' contract status until an official announcement was made.

Looks like Cousin Carl is on the way out...

baltimoreravens.png

Good for Roush holding onto one of their holdovers from the glory days, but still...

Roush Racing 10 years ago had at one point Mark Martin, Kurt Busch, Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, AND Greg Biffle ALL at the same time.

I look for Chase Elliot to replace Gordon and once Khane's time is up, look for Ty Dillon to replace him. Yes Ty Dillon... Childress will probably want him to compliment Austin, but he may not want to live in his Brother's shadow... Think of it as the Busch Brother's.

Is Jimmie Johnson during his run of dominance more or less disdained by traditional NASCAR fans the way Jeff Gordon was during his run?

Gordon only went back to back once (compared to the fivepeat, though it would have been 4 if not for Labonte), and did it in a pre-Twitter/Facebook world.

Is Jimmie Johnson during his run of dominance more or less disdained by traditional NASCAR fans the way Jeff Gordon was during his run?

Gordon only went back to back once (compared to the fivepeat, though it would have been 4 if not for Labonte), and did it in a pre-Twitter/Facebook world.

Most of the venom spewed at Gordon was by so called Earnhardt Sr fans. They perceived Sr's joking with Jeff as his calling Gordo gay. If social media was around then, the disgusting bull that was bandied around in the stands and in some places in the garage would have been worse.

The anti-JJ crap on today's social media is based on the fact that he's good AND bland. He doesn't swear on the radio like KyleB. He doesn't explode at the media like Tony or Brad. He doesn't shed tears like Jeff. Hell, he's not the voice of the garage like Jeff Burton, nor the professor like Mark Martin. He goes out, does his job well, and tries to put on a face that's the antithesis of the stereotypical NASCAR driver.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I'll be freaking damned. Jimmie finally won at Michigan.

Seriously, if he ties Earnhardt/Petty, he probably jumps the shark in the eyes of most NASCAR fans as "OK, it's impossible to cheer for him."

He's owned the Sprint Cup era if you look at his success compared to the Nextel/Winston Cup years it was around

Archived