2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

This could be a big problem for goodyear....

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/what-is-behind-nascar-s-meeting-with-michelin/

Just days after several Sprint Cup champion contenders had issues with where the rubber meets the road in Richmond, NASCAR officials met with representatives from Michelin at the R&D Center in Concord, N.C.

The timing of the Tuesday meeting is coincidental considering the rash of failures experienced by competitors in both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series last weekend.

According to a Michelin source, however, it was a "mid-level meeting" that was scheduled before the Richmond race.

Michelin reportedly is interested in bidding against Continental when the TUDOR Championship rights expire. Continental renegotiated its contract following the merger of the series and is in the first season of a multi-year deal. The exclusive Goodyear contract with NASCAR's top three touring series, including Sprint Cup, runs through 2017.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping for Talladega results (unoffical till they get the say so).

1. Hamlin

2. Biffle

3. Bowyer

4. Vickers

5. Allmendinger

6. Menard

7. Harvick

8. Cassill

9. Kahne

10. Larson

Saturday, they're in Kansas for a night race, I think its Kansas' first night race (correct me if I'm wrong).

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for Talladega results (unoffical till they get the say so).

1. Hamlin

2. Biffle

3. Bowyer

4. Vickers

5. Allmendinger

6. Menard

7. Harvick

8. Cassill

9. Kahne

10. Larson

Saturday, they're in Kansas for a night race, I think its Kansas' first night race (correct me if I'm wrong).

Yep it is

I thought it was, this should be interesting, here's the official top 10

1.Hamlin

2. Biffle

3. Bowyer

4. Vickers

5. Allmendinger

6. Menard

7. Harvick

8. Khane

9. Larson

10. Stenhouse Jr.

Unless some things change, I believe Larson is going to end up as ROTY the way he's going, but I'm with most of the commentators. I think he is going to win a race before the season is done. Allmendinger has been strong in the past couple of races too. No wins from the usual suspects either (Gordon, Johnson, Stewart, Kenseth.)

baltimoreravens.png

NASCAR effed up big time, not throwing the yellow flag quickly. They could have done it BEFORE Hamlin took the white, but for some reason, they didn't. Fans are psssissssssssssssed

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

NASCAR effed up big time, not throwing the yellow flag quickly. They could have done it BEFORE Hamlin took the white, but for some reason, they didn't. Fans are psssissssssssssssed

The thing was that they were gonna leave it green because the cars drove away, but they had taken the white when the 51's bumper flew off. It was the right call no matter how much it sucked. The debris was huge.

The thing was that they were gonna leave it green because the cars drove away, but they had taken the white when the 51's bumper flew off. It was the right call no matter how much it sucked. The debris was huge.

If they threw the yellow quickly, it would have been great. If they threw it as the cars were between turns 1 and 2 it would have been good, but not when they did. That was TOO late as well.

I had to work so I couldn't watch the race but I haaate Keselowski. After that crap he pulled last week and then to cause the big one in the fashion he did this week? Ridiculous.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not to mention the bumper was sitting squarely in the middle of the track surface and having to force everyone to scatter; especially coming to the line for the checkered flag, could've easily spelled disaster.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I had to work so I couldn't watch the race but I haaate Keselowski. After that crap he pulled last week and then to cause the big one in the fashion he did this week? Ridiculous.

He was trying to get his lap back, and Bayne's car took some air off his car and got him loose. It could've happened to anyone? 6 time champ Jimmie Johnson did the same thing. BK just happened to get turned by Danica earlier that took him out of contention. But knowing Talladega, he probably could've passed atleast 10 cars that retired in a crash by just riding around.

He was trying to get his lap back, and Bayne's car took some air off his car and got him loose. It could've happened to anyone? 6 time champ Jimmie Johnson did the same thing. BK just happened to get turned by Danica earlier that took him out of contention. But knowing Talladega, he probably could've passed atleast 10 cars that retired in a crash by just riding around.

At the time, Keselowski was 6 laps down.

Also, it was Keseslowski's fault for the first incident: There was no room to turn odwn.

Also, it was Keseslowski's fault for the first incident: There was no room to turn odwn.

Keselowski thought he had Danica cleared, but it was bright as day that he would just skim across the nose of her car and spin out as he came down. He needed a little more time to make a clean pass instead of divebombing Danica after his banzai move to the outside.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Austin Dillon is on pole with Truex Jr. in 2nd, the rest is of course to be determined via the duels.

Some people are screaming fix that Dillon piloted the #3 to the pole, like Danica did last year. All RCR cars were fast, but I certainly wasn't expecting Dillon to be in the catbirds' seat for the 500.

So,am I the only Austin Dillion fan here?

Well,he won the Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series.One of the best drivers I have seen,IMO.

"So look at yourself. Are you somebody to see good in your world or somebody to oppose the other person or party?"

Austin Dillon is on pole with Truex Jr. in 2nd, the rest is of course to be determined via the duels.

Some people are screaming fix that Dillon piloted the #3 to the pole, like Danica did last year. All RCR cars were fast, but I certainly wasn't expecting Dillon to be in the catbirds' seat for the 500.

Well,he won the Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series.One of the best drivers I have seen,IMO.

want to know how many people won truck and nationwide series titles, and done jack :censored: in cup? more than i can count, and it's not that impressive that he won those titles now not having to compete with guys like busch, edwards, ect for the championship.

I'm not Dillon fan and think those people that worship Dale Sr as some god are creepy, but I know there was no hanky-panky with Austin winning his pole. Seriously? If there was fixing in NASCAR, Dale Jr would have 6 championships and not "Vanilla" JJ.

Keselowski thought he had Danica cleared, but it was bright as day that he would just skim across the nose of her car and spin out as he came down. He needed a little more time to make a clean pass instead of divebombing Danica after his banzai move to the outside.

On Twitter, the Kez is taking ownership of his missteps.

Well, we have one driver who will not be participating in silly season this year.

Bowyer, his crew chief & 5 hour energy will be back at MWR. Although, I'm kind of curious to see if BIffle or Edwards both resign with Roush?

baltimoreravens.png

Well, we have one driver who will not be participating in silly season this year.

Bowyer, his crew chief & 5 hour energy will be back at MWR. Although, I'm kind of curious to see if BIffle or Edwards both resign with Roush?

NASCAR ratings are down...

Written before Talladega (May 1), BusinessWeek tapped Carl Edwards as the only driver to drive up TV ratings.

Talladega was the worst plate race I have seen in a bit.

The new Chase Format has made NASCAR a "Five/Six Race Season" and I just care about hearing on who wins

1-Daytona

2-Last race before The Chase

3-First cutoff

4-Second cutoff

5-Last cutoff

6-Homestead

Some news today....

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/will-goodyear-s-new-tire-pay-off-at-kansas-speedway/

Toyota Racing Development (TRD) is working on a fresh model for the track as well. Expect changes to include a new front fascia, tail and character lines on the 2015 Camry which Toyota hopes to submit to the sanctioning body by mid-August.

Speaking of Toyota…Was that the King meeting with representatives from auto manufacturer at Richmond? According to multiple sources, Richard Petty Motorsports is contemplating leaving Ford when its contract expires at the end of this year. One sticking point, however, could be engines. :wacko:

I just can't imagine a Petty Blue Toyota, I just can't....

Next up, Biffle's options...

Still waiting – Greg Biffle told Motorsport.com last month at Darlington that it was his “intent” to stay at Roush Fenway Racing and he had “a feeling (he was) getting closer” to inking a new deal. However, following his conversation Wednesday night with Claire B. Lang on Sirius/XM NASCAR Radio, Biffle’s plans didn’t sound so concrete.

“I think there’s plenty of opportunities in the industry to be in competitive cars,” Biffle said. “I enjoy being at Roush Fenway. I love 3M. We have a great relationship and the program works really, really well for 3M…Plain and simply, I’ve got options. I know I’m going to be racing. I know I’m going to be driving a car. So I’m not worried about it.”

baltimoreravens.png

Archived