2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That it does! That it does. Well, here we go again....

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/the-carl-watch-is-joe-gibbs-racing-ready-to-expand/

With silly season in full swing, it’s not surprising that Joe Gibbs is in the middle of it.

Over the last month, the rumors of Carl Edwards considering a move to JGR have picked up considerably.

But Coach says it would take a lot for JGR to add a fourth team.

“I’m not going to guess on stuff and the rumors and everything,” Gibbs said. “We get into this every year and there’s a period we kind of got to go through, I’ve come to feel.”

When asked specifically about Edwards, Gibbs would not offer a definitive answer.

“Anything that’s going on right now, to me, is kind of that rumor time – and I don’t think I need to be commenting on it,” Gibbs said. “So many times when the top guys come up, everybody in the sport kind of looks at it. There’s a couple of guys this year – that are on their last year, so it kind of happens.”

The rumor prior to Kenseth was that Carl was going to the 20, so now it could look like Carl could go to JGR as well under a 4th team, I wonder if this would be a blow to Ford?

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/the-carl-watch-is-joe-gibbs-racing-ready-to-expand/

With silly season in full swing, it’s not surprising that Joe Gibbs is in the middle of it.

Over the last month, the rumors of Carl Edwards considering a move to JGR have picked up considerably.

“I’m not going to guess on stuff and the rumors and everything,” Gibbs said. “We get into this every year and there’s a period we kind of got to go through, I’ve come to feel.”

When asked specifically about Edwards, Gibbs would not offer a definitive answer.

“Anything that’s going on right now, to me, is kind of that rumor time – and I don’t think I need to be commenting on it,” Gibbs said. “So many times when the top guys come up, everybody in the sport kind of looks at it. There’s a couple of guys this year – that are on their last year, so it kind of happens.”

The rumor prior to Kenseth was that Carl was going to the 20, so now it could look like Carl could go to JGR as well under a 4th team, I wonder if this would be a blow to Ford?

I think so. But Ford as a whole, I think can survive Carl leaving. They'll just need their new golden boy to put atop the pedestal.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

With silly season in full swing, its not surprising that Joe Gibbs is in the middle of it.

Im not going to guess on stuff and the rumors and everything, Gibbs said. We get into this every year and theres a period we kind of got to go through, Ive come to feel.

Anything thats going on right now, to me, is kind of that rumor time and I dont think I need to be commenting on it, Gibbs said. So many times when the top guys come up, everybody in the sport kind of looks at it. Theres a couple of guys this year that are on their last year, so it kind of happens.

I think so. But Ford as a whole, I think can survive Carl leaving. They'll just need their new golden boy to put atop the pedestal.

Like oh I don't know, maybe Brad K?

If you read my post you would have seen i dont like most fan vote winners, like dale and Danica, but to say they are less deserving compared josh wise is insane. My main peeve is in the system not josh wise himself. The fan vote is suppose to be a popularity contest, not just a few "fans" taking advantage of a flawed system.

No, the fan vote is NOT a popularity contest. They have that at the end of the year, it's called Most Popular Driver. The fan vote, is a fan vote and lets them vote whoever they want to vote in whether they are popular, deserving or not. And if the fans of Josh Wise or the Reddit community are smarter and understanding the system better than Danica's "fans" do, then so be it. And why can't the fans have a say in who the final person to get into the All Star race. The race is for the fans and for fun, so why shouldn't they have a say in who they want in it? If you're getting all worked up for something that's suppose to be fun, then you might want to re-examine what exactly is important in your life. The fact that anyone got upset or angry at this, shows their priorities in life are wrong.

No it is a popularity contest, but it is only btwn those drivers not locked in to the all star race. Anything that is the fans choice is a popularity contest. I just think there should be a limit on how many times some one can vote, like 10 per day or something, so you dont have people skewing the results by voting 84000 times

2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Inductees:

- Bill Elliot

- Wendell Scott

- Joe Weatherly

- Rex White

- Fred Lorenzen

It's great to see Awesome Bill from Dawsonville in the hall & I'm happy to see Wendell Scott in as well. I was pulling for BP to get there, maybe next year. I like this class though.

baltimoreravens.png

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised Danica has qualified in the top 10 in consecutive races. I hope she gets a good finish again this week. I wonder if Mark Martin's teaching is finally paying off

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/trevor-bayne-earns-full-time-sprint-cup-ride-for-2015/

Trevor Bayne will finally make the jump to Sprint Cup full time in 2015, driving the #6 Ford for Roush/Fenway Racing.

Let the Silly Season begin!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised Danica has qualified in the top 10 in consecutive races. I hope she gets a good finish again this week. I wonder if Mark Martin's teaching is finally paying off

From Stewart-Haas twitter account, it's Kevin Harvick that's been the reason for her uptick on qualifying and running. She's gone to him and asked him what line's he's been running.

The Harv's also been helping JRM too

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Good thing he got that win when he did. Now if he has to miss a race or tag Regan Smith in midway through, it won't be as bad. Man, 600 miles with a hurt back's going to be awfully tough.

IUe6Hvh.png

Speaking of popularity, fitting mention with Bill Elliott getting inducted this week since he won so many Most Popular Driver awards.

Amazing he kept winning that even when he had that 6-year winless streak

Results from Charlotte:

1. Johnson

2. Harvick

3. Kenseth

4. Edwards

5. McMurray

6. Vickers

7. Gordon

8. Menard

9. Kyle Busch

10. Keselowski

So now, Jimmie is in the chase, Hendrick has 3 out of 4 cars in now. Kurt could only do 900 of 1100 miles today but I can imagine the exhaustion he must've gone through. I thought it was a pretty good race though. Next up is the Monster Mile in Dover.

baltimoreravens.png

It was only a matter of time before JJ would win his first race. He used to dominate Charlotte early in his career. Yet before tonight this was the only 1.5 mile track he did not dominate in recent years. Good to see him win a crown jewel Cup race.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I wonder if Roush could lose both guys now?

http://www.frontstretch.com/ahenderson/45330/

Sources claim the driver's plans lie elsewhere for 2015, that he is actively seeking other employment and that the feeling is mutual. One link in particular, direct to the Roush organization who wished to remain anonymous said he's been told the future for Biffle involves "anything but" RFR, the only NASCAR team he's really driven for.

Rumors have said that Biffle could go to Penske, JGR or even Ganassi... I still say Edwards is gone though. I think Either one is going to JGR.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived