3. Khane

4. Logano

5. Earnhardt Jr.

6. Edwards

7. Patrick

8. Almirola

9. Johnson

10. Kenseth

I could've sworn if there was one more lap, Harvick would've caught him. Although Gordon drove like hell this season so IMO, he earned this victory. Of course I have to admit, even Danica was doing well in this race. Next up, Charlotte NC for the All Star Race & the Coca-Cola 600.

baltimoreravens.png

Some news today....

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/will-goodyear-s-new-tire-pay-off-at-kansas-speedway/

Toyota Racing Development (TRD) is working on a fresh model for the track as well. Expect changes to include a new front fascia, tail and character lines on the 2015 Camry which Toyota hopes to submit to the sanctioning body by mid-August.

Speaking of Toyota…Was that the King meeting with representatives from auto manufacturer at Richmond? According to multiple sources, Richard Petty Motorsports is contemplating leaving Ford when its contract expires at the end of this year. One sticking point, however, could be engines. :wacko:

I just can't imagine a Petty Blue Toyota, I just can't....

Next up, Biffle's options...

Still waiting – Greg Biffle told Motorsport.com last month at Darlington that it was his “intent” to stay at Roush Fenway Racing and he had “a feeling (he was) getting closer” to inking a new deal. However, following his conversation Wednesday night with Claire B. Lang on Sirius/XM NASCAR Radio, Biffle’s plans didn’t sound so concrete.

“I think there’s plenty of opportunities in the industry to be in competitive cars,” Biffle said. “I enjoy being at Roush Fenway. I love 3M. We have a great relationship and the program works really, really well for 3M…Plain and simply, I’ve got options. I know I’m going to be racing. I know I’m going to be driving a car. So I’m not worried about it.”

Why not? If going to Toyota gets the 43 in victory lane, then I'm all for it. I don't care what the brand is. Richard Petty has driven just about everything (Dodge, Plymouth, Ford, Chevy, Buick, Pontiac). Between 1976 and 1982 he drove all those makes except for Plymouth, and sometimes multiple makes in the same season. It's about winning and what is going to get you there. Truthfully, I doubt he'll move, unless they can kick MWR out of their Toyota deal by bringing Carl Edwards over with them to replace Marcos who's on the last year of his deal. What they have with Almirola is impressive as he just quietly keeps putting up top 10's and top 15's.

David Gilliland and Justin Allgaier were involved in a wicked crash (along with AJ Allmendinger). AJ got loose under Paul Menard, his car snapped around and he spun. He then clipped Allgaier's car and sent the 51 into the 38 and sent both hard into the wall.

It was good to see both of them get out under their own power because that was a hard crash.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Did anyone else notice that it was a bad night for fast food? Accidents took out Taco Bell, one of the Burger King cars, and McDonald's went up in flames. The only one that survived and did well was Harvick's freaky fast Jimmy Johns car.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

so the sprint showdown was tonight, Boyer won, and Almendinger came in second to secure wildcard spots, and the big surprise is Josh Wise winning the fan vote because of his Dogecoin sponsors and one particular person voting 84,000 times. I must say I'm very irritated about this. This wasn't fans voting, this was people who had no interest in nascar other than there Dogecoin investment to a site. I don't like most fan vote entries but this one makes me madder than any other, this guy isn't even popular amongst Nascar fans or has he ever performed well having a total of 96 starts and a career high of 19th, Id rather have virtually any other driver get voted in over this poser. I know the all star race means nothing and is just a fun race for the fans but this did not benefit the fans. No one person should be able to vote for any driver 84000 times, that is ridiculous there needed to be a limit of 10 votes per day or something.

I really hate what the cars have become.

The cars looks weird and with the wing in the back and impossible-to-read paint jobs.

Even when we had the Chase to start, the first few years of that was OK with me because the cars still looked like NASCARS.

Look at these Kurt Busch cars then and now:

97Rubbermaid2003ref-vi.jpg

Kurt+Busch+Las+Vegas+Motor+Speedway+Day+

Or Kevin Harvick and Jeff Gordon.

Then:

s2_1.jpg

Now:

512x.jpg

I have to disagree with you. The current cars actually look like something you'll find on the road and for that reason alone they're better.

04%2B2014-chevrolet-ss%2Bnascar-stock-ca

As for the Josh Wise thing, they really should limit the votes one person can submit, but whatever. I like Danica but she's earned nothing -- at least Josh Wise is mediocre in subpar equipment. SHR has proven itself to have some of the best cars out there. Kurt Busch has a win, Harvick has two and has a great car every single weekend, Smoke has been in the running a few times this year. Wise winning because someone voted so many times isn't so much worse than Danica winning just because she's the female driver who's popular because this generation overhypes everything.

IUe6Hvh.png

Was surprised by Josh Wise winning, but as long as it blocks Danica from getting in, I don't care if it's Josh Wise, Joe Nemechek or Tanner Berryhill (Nationwide/Truck series racer), as long as Danica doesn't get in, I'll be happy.

I'm also happy that the Dinger gets another shot at the cool million. To think, if Bowyer won a race last year, this could've been Allmendinger's win.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Was surprised by Josh Wise winning, but as long as it blocks Danica from getting in, I don't care if it's Josh Wise, Joe Nemechek or Tanner Berryhill (Nationwide/Truck series racer), as long as Danica doesn't get in, I'll be happy.

I'm also happy that the Dinger gets another shot at the cool million. To think, if Bowyer won a race last year, this could've been Allmendinger's win.

It was in the best interest of Danica NOT to make the race last night. Why? So she could concentrate on the World 600.

It was in the best interest of Danica NOT to make the race last night. Why? So she could concentrate on the World 600.

I guess. She should focus on the more important race, the Coke 600. Justin Allgaier skipped the Sprint Showdown, I assume to focus on the Coke 600 next weekend.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I guess. She should focus on the more important race, the Coke 600. Justin Allgaier skipped the Sprint Showdown, I assume to focus on the Coke 600 next weekend.

That and the team wasn't too thrilled with the accident that happened at Kansas

so the sprint showdown was tonight, Boyer won, and Almendinger came in second to secure wildcard spots, and the big surprise is Josh Wise winning the fan vote because of his Dogecoin sponsors and one particular person voting 84,000 times. I must say I'm very irritated about this. This wasn't fans voting, this was people who had no interest in nascar other than there Dogecoin investment to a site. I don't like most fan vote entries but this one makes me madder than any other, this guy isn't even popular amongst Nascar fans or has he ever performed well having a total of 96 starts and a career high of 19th, Id rather have virtually any other driver get voted in over this poser. I know the all star race means nothing and is just a fun race for the fans but this did not benefit the fans. No one person should be able to vote for any driver 84000 times, that is ridiculous there needed to be a limit of 10 votes per day or something.

What's wrong with this? The fact that a 16 year old kid has helped Josh Wise and Phil Parsons Racing? Wow! I guess you're a supporter of over-rated/over-hyped people getting shot after shot, when they don't deserve it. Danica's proven that she's nothing but average. It's horrible that she has 1 good run and people are having orgasms over it. Whereas you have the hard work of Phil Parsons Racing and Josh Wise, who get a break because someone outsmarted the Danica Hype Machine? Yes, Danica has been smart enough to use her "Girl Power" to get where she is. The results show she's an average driver in both NASCAR and IRL. Now a 16 year old outsmarts the Hype Machine, we should applaud the intelligence of the people who outsmarted the Hype Machine. It's how we progress, intelligent people outsmarting what has become the norm. Or should we just make the rules so the Hype Machines of Danica and Jr always make it?

If you read my post you would have seen i dont like most fan vote winners, like dale and Danica, but to say they are less deserving compared josh wise is insane. My main peeve is in the system not josh wise himself. The fan vote is suppose to be a popularity contest, not just a few "fans" taking advantage of a flawed system.

Archived