2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

-RANT INCOMING-

Geh, I'm steamed and disappointed at Jr for wrecking AJ. He had a good chance to win and to get squeezed out of the way by that hack just pissed me off. And for Junior to finish 3rd pisses me off even more because he obviously proven he can't race anyone cleanly for wrecking both Kenseth and AJ in the span of like 5 laps.

AJ had a car to beat, he was clawing his way back to the top, but nope. Fate found another way to screw his day up. Will fate ever shine his face on AJ and allow him to go to Victory Lane? I really hope so.

To put all that hard work and effort into trying to win this race, only for everything to sour so close to end, it leaves me with an empty feeling. Of what might've been. Watkins Glen is in a few months, maybe he can win there.

The day started with so much promise. Started in 2nd, managed to lead the most laps, was climbing back into the Top 5. Nope, Jr had to be an idiot and squeeze him into the wall. Junior, this isn't the backstretch at Daytona/Talladega, YOU'RE ON A ROAD COURSE. There was NO NEED to force the issue in a small area of the track when there are numerous OTHER PLACES TO PASS.

Junior certainly had to make enemies from Kenseth and most certainly AJ. Hopefully, he'll get what's coming to him.

I needed to blow off some steam, Junior's antics and unclean racing really made me mad.

-END RANT-

Let me quote Harry Gant, "They had two choice, to wreck or not. They chose to wreck." In all seriousness, it's the end of a road course, if you're whining about being wrecked, well you put yourself in the position to be wrecked. Ask Kevin Harvick about that. Sorry, but anything goes at the end of a road course race and no one is safe. Losers whine, while the winners drink champagne.

Except in Sonoma, where the drink........wine

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I want to ask something about the Chase.

It's been a very divisive topic among NASCAR fans.

Some feel the reason this came about was Matt Kenseth's "One win, consistent, not going for the win" title season of 2003. Yet, a year earlier, his Roush teammate Mark Martin nearly pulled out a WC Championship with the same number of wins.

Had Martin won the year before, would the outcry have been the same for WINS NEED TO BE REWARDED? Remember, in '03, Ryan Newman had 8 wins and 11 poles, yet it seemed Kenseth was being rewarded for staying out of trouble (And the thing is, it's not like Kenseth was deep in the field for wins at times. Yet his points lead ballooned).

Of course, if Jimmie/Newman Junior had won the WC title that year with more than 1 victory, do we even have the Chase? Or was it an overreaction to "ONE WIN GUY WINS TITLE"

OK, I want to ask something about the Chase.

It's been a very divisive topic among NASCAR fans.

Some feel the reason this came about was Matt Kenseth's "One win, consistent, not going for the win" title season of 2003. Yet, a year earlier, his Roush teammate Mark Martin nearly pulled out a WC Championship with the same number of wins.

Had Martin won the year before, would the outcry have been the same for WINS NEED TO BE REWARDED? Remember, in '03, Ryan Newman had 8 wins and 11 poles, yet it seemed Kenseth was being rewarded for staying out of trouble (And the thing is, it's not like Kenseth was deep in the field for wins at times. Yet his points lead ballooned).

Of course, if Jimmie/Newman Junior had won the WC title that year with more than 1 victory, do we even have the Chase? Or was it an overreaction to "ONE WIN GUY WINS TITLE"

All the changes are done to make it impossible for JJ to win the Chamionship

LOL I got that out before laughing. The original intent was to reward wins AND try to pull in more viewers and fans with an NFL-like playoff.

It sure as hell makes the last ten races worth watching. Before the Chase, the last ten races were uninteresting to watch as you'd maybe have two drivers in contention and truthfully boring. I was one person who hated the idea, but after seeing it, I think it's a brilliant idea. Now the idea of elimination, I shrug at the thought. They are doing what was happening naturally in the Chase, NASCAR just made it "official" after 3 or 4 races. What I'm curious about is the final race where there are four that will battle it out and win depending on how many points they gather in the final rather than the Chase. I'll let it play out and then make a judgement after about 5 years on whether it's good or not.

Three races in and TNT STILL has audio issues.

Oh good, I thought it was 1). My TV, 2). Heavy cloud cover in my area, or 3). Our goat that got loose and stood in front of the satellite again.

EDIT: Tires seem to be a problem again. Hamlin, Larson, and Kenseth just now, all having issues. Also, only 42 guys tonight? Where's the 43rd guy? Funding must be low for some again

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Results from Kentucky:

1. Keselowski

2. Kyle Busch

3. Newman

4. Kenseth (very impressed from him coming back)

5. Earnhardt Jr.

6. Gordon

7. Harvick

8. Khane

9. Logano

10. Johnson

Kes just dominated that race. I was impressed on how Matt came from the bad tire & came back & finished in the top 5. Kes is now locked in the chase & the Captain is quite happy since both of his cars are in the chase. Tough break for Larson & Hamlin though. Onto Daytona.

baltimoreravens.png

Other than Jimmie at the 600 in Charlotte, maybe the most dominant race by a driver this year.

When Kyle Busch passed him for the lead, I thought he was gonna steal this one from Brad ala Junior at Pocono.

Can't wait for Daytona. Let's hope they run like they did in the second half of the 500 like bats outta hell. This is the perfect opportunity for someone to get their first win of the year.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Kes totally dominated the field at Kentucky. When his car was pushed back from the lead after a restart, he always found himself back in the lead within a few laps.

Onto Daytona, outside of Watkins Glen; the last real Wild Card race before the Chase.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

How about that Nationwide Daytona finish? Kasey Kahne pulling a McMurray '07 at the end of a July Daytona race.

How about JR Motorsports showing that they are THE Nationwide ONLY team to beat.

How about that Nationwide Daytona finish? Kasey Kahne pulling a McMurray '07 at the end of a July Daytona race.

Unfortunately I was driving home so I missed most of the races end. Turned the tv to catch them coming off of turn four towards the checkers. Seemed like a good one... I'm hoping tonight's race is like how they raced after the rain delay in the 500 this year.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, Kahne definitely pulled off the 'Where'd he come from?' moment of the year thus far. Bad luck got the best of Chase Elliott towards the end. I was rooting for either him or Bubba Wallace to win.

Yeah, Kahne definitely pulled off the 'Where'd he come from?' moment of the year thus far. Bad luck got the best of Chase Elliott towards the end. I was rooting for either him or Bubba Wallace to win.

Classic Daytona wrong-place-at-the-wrong-time situation.

Really glad to see that Bobby Labonte actually has a decent ride for the first time since Gibbs, and he'll even have his RCR #33 starting second row-outside. Bobby's been my favorite driver since I was about 4, so around 12 years, and it always bugged me to see a past champion with a super low-budget team and to only run half a season. Tonight's race should be really interesting. Hope we go to a G-W-C. Then we'd really see some excitement.

Daytona, like Talladega, is a race where you can throw everything out the window. Expect lead changes and madness galore. For example, last week was essentially the Penske and Busch show. Jimmie Johnson didn't lead a single lap- Really surprising- I'd be shocked if he didn't lead a lap tonight.

Anything can happen- I could see one of the big names winning, I could see Hamlin/Kenseth punching a Chase ticket, or I could see Larson/Dillon/Danica pulling a Biffle '03

Barney Hall, legendary race broadcaster for MRN, announced tonight that this will be his final race as a broadcaster. Hall has been calling races since 1970 when MRN started up.

Barney is probably the greatest broadcaster in the history of NASCAR in my eyes. I can't help but to feel a little sad. I will most definitely miss his golden voice on the radio. I wish him well in his retirement

Archived