2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

First NASCAR TNT win- Dale Jarrett

Last NASCAR TNT win- Brad Keselowski

Well, I won't miss the TNT/NASCAR Summer Series, but I will miss the TNT of the Nextel/Winston pre-CoT era.

Here's a reminder of how good TNT used to be (really, they were):

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from New Hampshire:

1. Keselowski

2. Kyle Busch

3. Larson

4. Kenseth

5. Newman

6. Bowyer

7. Stewart

8. Hamlin

9. Stenhouse Jr.

10. Earnhardt Jr.

Kes just had a dominant performance this race, maybe he won't slice his hand again, and on that note farewell TNT & well, I won't be shedding tears. We take the week off & next up, Indianapolis for the 400.

It's not next week.It is the 27th.

Results from New Hampshire:

1. Keselowski

2. Kyle Busch

3. Larson

4. Kenseth

5. Newman

6. Bowyer

7. Stewart

8. Hamlin

9. Stenhouse Jr.

10. Earnhardt Jr.

Kes just had a dominant performance this race, maybe he won't slice his hand again, and on that note farewell TNT & well, I won't be shedding tears. We take the week off & next up, Indianapolis for the 400.

It's not next week.It is the 27th.
He said we take the week off.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar-special-paint-scheme-chase-100000756--nascar.html;_ylt=AwrBEiGy28VTVGoAeFrQtDMD

Celebrating the accomplishments of those drivers who will contend for the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship, NASCAR has released several new elements to the paint schemes of race cars making the 16-driver Chase Grid.

Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup-eligible cars will have the roof number, the front splitter / front fascia and the windshield header colored yellow, as well as have a Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup logo affixed to the front-quarter panel of their race car.

As part of NASCAR's emphasis on winning races all season long, this celebratory paint scheme will be placed on a driver's car to begin the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, at Chicagoland Speedway on Sept. 14. Once a driver is eliminated after one of the Chase's first three rounds, the paint scheme will be removed from the car. Please refer to the graphic for a visual representation of these changes.

These changes serve as a visible symbol of the new Chase format. In addition, the paint scheme elements will ensure that fans are able to easily identify each championship contender as NASCAR's playoffs progress.

Erm.... OK??? :therock:

baltimoreravens.png

making the cars numbers be yellow is a dumb move because i know at super speedways cars will routinely have different colored top numbers (like neon yellow, orange, red, green) to make them more visible to the spotters. Having 16 cars with yellow numbers at talladega is a bad idea.

I always enjoyed the concept of colored numbers on the hood of a car:

The No Bull 5 races had 5 cars with red

nascar-cup-richmond-ii-2002-mark-martin-

Dale Jarrett's UPS had a red 88 at Daytona/Talladega

nascar-cup-daytona-ii-2003-dale-jarrett.

But red numbers are one thing. Yellow? Not super visible, could look ugly.

Even red numbers on red cars weren't that bad (see Bill Elliott's 2001 Dodge), but yellow just doesn't come off well on NASCAR car tops hoods.

I always enjoyed the concept of colored numbers on the hood of a car:

The No Bull 5 races had 5 cars with red

%7Boption%7D[http://cdn-3.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/0/50000/53000/53100/53133/s8/nascar-cup-richmond-ii-2002-mark-martin-and-rusty-wallace.jpg[\img]

Dale Jarrett's UPS had a red 88 at Daytona/Talladega

%7Boption%7Dhttp://cdn-1.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/0/90000/99000/99600/99641/s8/nascar-cup-daytona-ii-2003-dale-jarrett.jpg[\img]

But red numbers are one thing. Yellow? Not super visible, could look ugly

Even red numbers on red cars weren't that bad (see Bill Elliott's 2001 Dodge), but yellow just doesn't come off well on NASCAR car tops hoods.

I think it just depends on the paint schemes used and how the yellow numbers will work. I think you'll see some tweaks here and there with Chase schemes to make due with the yellow roof numbers.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Question: What were your thoughts on the Winston-to-Nextel name change in 2003-2004?

I was a bit surprised at first, but considering it's, well, cigarettes, I eventually warmed up to it and really dug the NEXTEL logos and how NEXTEL CUP SERIES was lined on the walls of tracks.

I didn't quite warm up to Sprint, though.

Congrats to Bubba Wallace on his victory in tonight's Mudsummer Classic. I'd like to see him run full-time NASCAR Second- Tier (can't call it Nationwide since they're dropping sponsorship) next season, maybe in the 18 or 20 for Gibbs. Then you'd have Sadler in the 11, Bubba in the 18, Hamlin-Kenseth-Occasional road coarse ringer in the 20, and Ky. Busch + Erik Jones + desperate guy looking for a ride (aka someone like Hornish) in the 54.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

This was announced back in September. Where have yall been ;) ?

There were reports of NASCAR having serious talks with Comcast-Xfinity, but I'm not sure how true that is.

FAKE EDIT: found this:

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2014/06/16/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/NASCAR-Xfinity.aspx?

Brickyard 400:Predictions

Pole:Carl Edwards

Top 10:

1:Austin Dillion,47 Laps lead

2:Carl Edwards,60 Laps lead

3:Juan Pablo Montoya,24 Laps lead

4:Jimmie Johnson,12 Laps lead

5:Ryan Newman,0 Laps lead

6:Jamie McMurray,0 laps lead

7:Joey Logono,10 laps lead

8:Jeff Gordon,7 laps lead

9:Kyle Busch,1 lap lead

10:Kurt Busch,2 lap lead

5 cautions

Austin Dillon win? Are you serious?

Who says upsets can't happen in NASCAR?

2011:Paul Menard gets his 1st career victory at the Brickyard 400.

Everyone has a favorite driver,and some have drivers who are not like Jimmie Johnson,Jeff Gordon,or Tony Stewart.

It's my opinion who wins,and it's yours on how it feels.

I like AJ Allmendinger a lot, but you don't see me saying he'll win every week. Being a fan of a driver is knowing when to say when.

Sure, a win would make me happy, but I'd honestly rather see a really good performance instead of him being stuck a lap or two down in the lower 20s in the running order.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived