2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

I think its a good fit that Mark has come back to Roush. I think he may be able to help. Roush has young drivers but with the right development, they could be good. Then again, it may be a long time before we see the words Roush, drivers & good in the same sentence.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump for Bayne's replacement in the 21

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/ryan-blaney-to-drive-the-no-21-wood-brothers-ford-in-2015/

Ryan Blaney will drive the #21 Wood Brothers Racing Ford in 2015, sources have told Motorsport.com. Blaney, 20, will run a limited Sprint Cup schedule in the venerable #21 Ford along with Nationwide Series races for Team Penske as part of a technical alliance between Penske and the Wood Brothers. An announcement is expected around the race at Michigan International Speedway on Aug. 17.

I think this could be a good fit, Blaney is talented plus it will get him a taste of Sprint Cup. I like this move.

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/ryan-blaney-to-drive-the-no-21-wood-brothers-ford-in-2015/

Ryan Blaney will drive the #21 Wood Brothers Racing Ford in 2015, sources have told Motorsport.com. Blaney, 20, will run a limited Sprint Cup schedule in the venerable #21 Ford along with Nationwide Series races for Team Penske as part of a technical alliance between Penske and the Wood Brothers. An announcement is expected around the race at Michigan International Speedway on Aug. 17.

I think this could be a good fit, Blaney is talented plus it will get him a taste of Sprint Cup. I like this move.

Good for him. He's shown he can race very well, in the Camping World Truck Series, and Wood Bros. being a part-time team is good so it doesn't force and rush Blaney into the car and stunt his growth and development.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I could've sworn that Hornish was announced as Bayne's replacement... I'm off to prove myself wrong

EDIT: Turns out it was a rumor back in early June that the two were talking about a 2015 ride. Obviously nothing came of it.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

A Chevy won in the Truck series!! OMG, not a Toyota. My question is:

If Chevy had won ALL the races up to today, would Toyota be complaining? My answer is YES!!

I've not read any comfirmation from the go-to source all Ryan Blaney news: His sister Emma's been quiet about it. LOL

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Well,who will drive for the 4th Roush in 2015?

IMO,it will be Ryan Reed,driver of the no.16 Ford for Roush in the Nationwide Series. But the 6 will probably be transferred from the 99. So IMO,it will probably be the 97. But still,will RFR field a fourth car in 2015? If they do,who will drive and what will the number be?

Well,who will drive for the 4th Roush in 2015?

IMO,it will be Ryan Reed,driver of the no.16 Ford for Roush in the Nationwide Series. But the 6 will probably be transferred from the 99. So IMO,it will probably be the 97. But still,will RFR field a fourth car in 2015? If they do,who will drive and what will the number be?

There's not going to be a fourth RFR car. The 99 will go away, with only the 6, 16, and 17 racing.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

It will be cool to see how Chase Elliott does when he starts racing full-time in the Sprint Cup series. I loved cheering on Bill Elliott and the #9 Dodge car when I was a kid. I liked Kahne for a bit when he took over the 9, but I haven't had a car to cheer on for ages now

wait so basically when Ambrose took over the #9 you just gave up on rooting for it even though Ambrose did have some success?

An observation:

NASCAR has had so many popular drivers over the years, yet none of them have ever won the Most Popular Driver Award. Crazy to think that the likes of a Jeff Gordon/Burton could never win it ONCE.

I really underestimated Junior's fanbase.

Maybe because when Dale Sr died most of his fans became diehard Dale Jr fans,

If Dale Sr never died, do you think Dale Jr would be as popular as he is today?

Yes most of it is based on the famous name, but it's not solely about that or performance... It also includes off the track personality and Dale Jr is one of the most likeable guys.

Archived