2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet road course justice for Allmendinger, after what happened at Sonoma after he looked great most of the race before getting caught in a wreck.

Yeah, the wreck at the hands of Junior was frustrating, because he had a car to win. When Gordon bowed out a little more the halfway through; I had a feeling AJ and Marcos (who both had fast cars all weekend) were going to duel for the win.

AJ should send a Christmas Card to Kurt Busch; because if he didn't race Marcos and push him to the limit, Marcos would've probably caught him.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I don't know where to put this, but I want to get your take on this:

Would it still be OK for me going back and watch old races that Tony Stewart ended up winning? It's gonna feel a bit different watching old highlights of his wins. Some of my favorite NASCAR races to watch on YouTube were those he ended up winning (2001 Sharpie 500, 2001 Sears Point, 2005 Pepsi 400)

In other words, should I feel guilty about watching old Stewart highlights or would it make me look like a bad fan?

They already have AJ's race-winning diecast on the NASCAR.com SuperStore. However, it has a current release date of May 28th, 2015. :-X

Hopefully, that date will change and it'll hopefully be out in time for Christmas, because I'm going to ask for it as my one Christmas gift from my parents. ;)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

In other words, should I feel guilty about watching old Stewart highlights or would it make me look like a bad fan?

I don't think you should necessarily feel guilty. What happened saturday was an accident, an accident that hurts his 15 year cup career. I totally get where you're coming from if you don't want to root for him because of what happened but I don't believe it was mean spirited at all.

Great win for AJ. Very emotional and memorable win. I'd love to see him win more.

NASCAR needs to run twice at the Glen: Spring time on the Long course, NASCAR course in the Chase.

Watkins Glen is my favorite road course. I'd love to see them run the NASCAR course twice a year, one of those in the Chase of course.

Great win for AJ. Very emotional and memorable win. I'd love to see him win more.

NASCAR needs to run twice at the Glen: Spring time on the Long course, NASCAR course in the Chase.

Watkins Glen is my favorite road course. I'd love to see them run the NASCAR course twice a year, one of those in the Chase of course.
Yes....I like Glen. I feel that the Glen should have a March and October date. BTW,which other underdogs will go into the 2014 Chase for the Sprint Cup?

Yes....I like Glen. I feel that the Glen should have a March and October date. BTW,which other underdogs will go into the 2014 Chase for the Sprint Cup?

March in upstate New York could be iffy. Look at Richmond (Fairgrounds) and Rockingham. They both had really early race dates and often had pratfalls with bad weather.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

March in upstate New York could be iffy. Look at Richmond (Fairgrounds) and Rockingham. They both had really early race dates and often had pratfalls with bad weather.

Yea. Probably that will happen. Well June would have been better.

Who's to say COTA shouldn't be on the schedule? Personally, I want Cup on more than 2 road courses. I just think that, since Watkins Glen has TWO courses, each should be run.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

May is ideal for Central NY/Finger Lakes region of the state

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Take away a race from the cookie cutter 1.5 mile tracks, pocono is a great track and it deserves its 2 races

Pocono does have 2 races in the season.
I know it was a response to the post before it saying pocono needed one of its dates taken away for a road course

Take away a race from the cookie cutter 1.5 mile tracks, pocono is a great track and it deserves its 2 races

I agree. If Iowa Speedway was a bigger facility, I'd love to see NASCAR go there. Right now Kansas Speedway and Iowa Speedway are the closest tracks to me, but I haven't been to either :/ They could always add Road America, and race there when Nationwide does. I think another road course or a new track is something NASCAR should explore in the future.

I DON'T see NASCAR taking a date away from Pocono, because of the friendship with the Mattioli and France families. However, if they DO remove a race; get rid of the August one.

August is obnoxious here in PA, even up in the Pocono Mountains. :mad:

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Disagree. Pocono is some of the most boring racing of the year -- I remember reading the drivers feel the same way. The tight turns and long straights don't make for good racing. I don't disagree with getting away from some of the cookie cutters, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived