2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Looks like Kurt Busch will be doing 1100 miles on Memorial Day weekend...

via jayski

It has been over a decade since it was last completed, but this May NASCAR Champion Kurt Busch will endeavor to become only the fourth driver in history to contest the "Double" - competing in IndyCar's historic Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's 600-mile race in the same day. Busch will make his first career Indianapolis 500 qualifying attempt behind the wheel of an Andretti Autosport Indy car.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all based off of, if Kurt makes the Indy 500... he's a rookie and doing 4 laps around Indy to qualify isn't the easiest thing. He might do the double. If he does do the double, he won't do well at either track.

Dang. Back to back weeks of Penske sweeping the front row. They definitely have this elimination qualifying figured out

Now iff they can beat Hendricks engines and chassis during the race is the question.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Here we go, guys. 4 to go and Jr & BK are fightin for the win. This is gonna be good

EDIT: NONONONONONONO! Ugh! oh well, still a great run for June Bug and congrats to Brad for sweeping the weekend (in a great-lookin car, I might add)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Results from Las Vegas

1. Keselowski

2. Earnhardt Jr.

3. Menard

4. Logano

5. Edwards

6. Johnson

7. Newman

8. Khane

9. Gordon

10. Kenseth

What a finish, I felt bad for Little E but he's having an impressive season & Kes got the Vegas sweep. It's kind of fitting that a ford is in victory circle today considering William Ford died. Harvick was being dominant until his brakes had an issue causing him to end up 41st. Onto to the coliseum known as Bristol.

baltimoreravens.png

NASCAR has made adjustment to it's qualifying process. The adjustments are as follows:

• The use of one (1) cool-down unit per car, connected through either the left- or right-side hood flap/cowl;

• Two crew members may enter the pit area for car and driver support;

• Cool-down laps are no longer allowed;

Unchanged, but still enforced, will be the following regulations:

• The hood must remain closed at all times;

• Plugging the car in to an external source (generator) will still not be allowed.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/3/11/nascar-qualifying-changes-sprint-cup-nationwide-truck-series.html

I like it. The cool down laps just seemed dangerous.

IUe6Hvh.png

Results from a very long race and rain from Bristol

1. Edwards

2. Stenhouse Jr.

3. Almirola

4. Stewart

5. Ambrose

6. Hamlin

7. Khane

8. Gordon

9. Vickers

10. Larson

As usual, Bristol caused a lot of headaches for drivers that could've won it, Kenseth, Kes, both Busch brothers, Harvick, Johnson just to name a few. Larson looked good & Dillon came back as well. The rookie class is looking strong! A good comeback for Smoke considering the season he's had so far. On to Fontana.

baltimoreravens.png

I've often said Larson is the one guy to look out for, I think him & Austin both have a bright future (hopefully). Although I saw a question that I was curious to post. I was watching the race & ESPN brought up a question. Should Sprint cup drivers, not race in Nationwide? honestly, yes, for Nationwide in my opinion is more of a proving grounds for the up & coming drivers, your Ty Dillon's, Chase Elliot's, James Buscher's. I just think its time to focus on the future when it comes to that, thoughts, fellow gearheads?

baltimoreravens.png

I've often said Larson is the one guy to look out for, I think him & Austin both have a bright future (hopefully). Although I saw a question that I was curious to post. I was watching the race & ESPN brought up a question. Should Sprint cup drivers, not race in Nationwide? IMO, yes, Nationwide in my opinion is proving grounds for the up & comers, your Ty Dillon's, Chase Elliot's, James Buscher's. I just think its time to focus on the future when it comes to that, thoughts, fellow gearheads?

I believe a number of those sponsorships are dependent upon the Sprint Cup guys driving a certain amount of races in a given car. Keselowski mentioned such was the case for his truck series team when he was in the studio for some reason or another during the week of Daytona (not sure if that's the case for Nationwide or even for any of the other teams). I would have to imagine the ratings might decline a little bit without any of the more recognizable names racing, so it seems like kind of a necessity. Overall, I would have to imagine it would have an adverse affect on some of these teams finding good sponsorship deals.

IUe6Hvh.png

I've often said Larson is the one guy to look out for, I think him & Austin both have a bright future (hopefully). Although I saw a question that I was curious to post. I was watching the race & ESPN brought up a question. Should Sprint cup drivers, not race in Nationwide? honestly, yes, for Nationwide in my opinion is more of a proving grounds for the up & coming drivers, your Ty Dillon's, Chase Elliot's, James Buscher's. I just think its time to focus on the future when it comes to that, thoughts, fellow gearheads?

There was a lively discussion on this on Twitter this afternoon. Some say Nationwide needs the Cup drivers to attract tv money and sponsors, while others say it's an unfair advantage for the Cup drivers. I like the idea of Cup drivers in their own equipment or in Nationwide only teams. A Cup driver won today, but Larson was in a car partially owned and manned by Turner Scott Motorsports.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived