The New Fox Sports Graphic Package Thread

RyanMcD29

Fox didn't break out anything new for the Super Bowl, but it looks like they are for the Daytona 500. Looks like new graphics, which includes the scorebug taking up the entire right hand side of the screen. The other stuff looks pretty sharp, though. I'll try to find a screengrab once someone posts something online with it.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox didn't break out anything new for the Super Bowl, but it looks like they are for the Daytona 500. Looks like new graphics, which includes the scorebug taking up the entire right hand side of the screen. The other stuff looks pretty sharp, though. I'll try to find a screengrab once someone posts something online with it.

ugh that sounds awful

Thanks Lights Out

I don't like how the background behind the number is white for all drivers. If a driver has a white number (Stewart, Ku. & Ky. Busch, Kenseth, Hamlin, etc.), their number gets lost on the background. It also doesn't help that they made the areas for the numbers really small. Finally, there is too much empty space on both sides of the graphic. Major Downgrade IMO

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

To be honest, I don't think it will take up as much space in the actual races, as that huge practice clock won't be there. During real races, I'd imagine it'd just look like what the old scorebugs used to look like before everyone switched to banners - for example, ESPN's from the mid-'90s:

0E8EAKb.png

I think they would replace the practice time with laps during the race

Thanks Lights Out

I don't like how the background behind the number is white for all drivers. If a driver has a white number (Stewart, Ku. & Ky. Busch, Kenseth, Hamlin, etc.), their number gets lost on the background. It also doesn't help that they made the areas for the numbers really small. Finally, there is too much empty space on both sides of the graphic. Major Downgrade IMO

Aren't all the numbers black so they won't get lost on the white background?

Thanks Lights Out

Aren't all the numbers black so they won't get lost on the white background?
Loom at Kurt busch's 41 at the bottom

At first I thought the info bug was sharp, but my goodness they default the box color to "black" at any chance they get with a car's color. If there's a little bit of black on the car, that's the bug's color it seems. And yeah, that white outline for each number is not going to work for the vast majority of cars.

Furthermore, I still have no idea how they're gonna show intervals on that scorebug. They haven't done so yet for any of the practices for showing off speeds.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived