Kelvin Cato

Rockets Get:

Tracy McGrady

Juwan Howard

Tyronn Lue

Reece Gaines

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I like this trade. TMac gets out of Orlando. And Orlando gets a capable backcourt and a ok center. Can't wait so see how TMac/Yao/Howard front court works out.

Well seeing how Yao won't ever get the ball now........

TRY DISASTER!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

and now let's play where will Stevie go? he never wanted any part of the Magic to begin with, and there's some angry big fella over in LA, name's House, Condo or something like that. maybe package Franchise + Grant Hill for that guy...it all makes sense. and again, this is why i'm not an NBA GM-my idea makes some sense :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I like this trade. TMac gets out of Orlando. And Orlando gets a capable backcourt and a ok center. Can't wait so see how TMac/Yao/Howard front court works out.

Well seeing how Yao won't ever get the ball now........

TRY DISASTER!

LOL. Could be! or it could be greatness IF TMac learns to pass the D@MN ball.

T-Mac will pass. He's a smart enough player to where he will pass when he has players that are capable of doing something on his team. It's not like he's towards the top of the league in terms of assists per 48 minutes for a SG... oh wait, he is.

IUe6Hvh.png

A lot of us have probably seen this trade coming for a couple weeks now and I still can't tell who got the best of this deal. For one, the Rockets are knee deep in sub par point guards. Tyronn Lue, Reece Gaines, Mark Jackson, and Mike Wilks. I suspect that the Rockets are gonna try and rid one or two of them and try to land a young pg.

Projected Rockets Lineup:

PG - Tyronn Lue

SG - Tracy McGrady

SF - Jimmy Jackson

PF - Juwan Howard/Mo Taylor

C - Yao Ming

The Magic on the other hand now have 2 possible starting pg's in Jameer Nelson and Stevie Franchise. I don't know if they are going to keep both of them but with having Francis it will definately stunt Nelson's growth in the NBA. Unless of course they pull off a trade to bring in a much needed SF or C. I suspect another lottery season for Orlando.

Projected Magic Lineup:

PG - Steve Francis

SG - Cuttino Mobely

SF - Keith Bogans/Deshawn Stevenson

PF - Kelvin Cato/Dwight Howard

C - Drew Gooden/Andrew Declercq

Here's some interesting statistics between the two from the 2003-04 season. And you honestly think Yao will still get the ball as often? :lol:

Steve Francis

Assists Per FGA: .441

Assists Per FGM: 1.095

FGA Per Game: 14.139

FGA Per Minute: .349

Tracy McGrady

Assists Per FGA: .236

Assists Per FGM: .566

FGA Per Game: 23.373

FGA Per Minute: .585

Retired Number's To Come

Here's some interesting statistics between the two from the 2003-04 season. And you honestly think Yao will still get the ball as often? :lol:

Steve Francis

Tracy McGrady

These stats are very convincing, however remember that T-Mac was the only star-quality player on his team, whereas Steve Francis had a much better cast, and as a result, more motivation to pass the rock.

Interesting stats regardless BS... thanks for that!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Steve Francis

Tracy McGrady

well all those stats say is that Francis played on a team with a big center to aim at and more attacking presence than the Magic had, while T Mac is more of a scoring PG than francis.

Yao will still get his fair share of the ball. He is the kind of big target any PG is gonna want in his team.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What are you guys talking about. I think you forget that the Magic had Juwan Howard and Drew Gooden, both players who shot better than McGrady this past season. The Magic had just as many players scoring in double figures as the Rockets did. I can Yao's numbers going up this upcoming season but I don't think McGrady is as good of a team player as Francis was and that's not saying much. Championship contenders now? Give me a break!

Retired Number's To Come

Drew Gooden and Juwan Howard? I've never been impressed with Juwan Howard. I couldn't wait to see him go when he was a Nugget. And Drew Gooden is a good player, but he's far from a star. Yao Ming will get the ball.

And to say that Drew Gooden and Juwan Howard shot better than T-Mac -- well, no crap! It's alot easier to make shots from inside the paint. T-Mac has to create shots for himself, and T-Mac has to face double teams and gets matched up against his opponents best defensive players. Most big men do shoot a better % than guards.

IUe6Hvh.png

T-Mac has to create shots for himself, and T-Mac has to face double teams and gets matched up against his opponents best defensive players. Most big men do shoot a better % than guards.

So why not give up the ball more? You know McGrady touched the ball everytime down the court.

Retired Number's To Come

Projected Magic Lineup:

PG - Steve Francis

SG - Cuttino Mobely

SF - Keith Bogans/Deshawn Stevenson

PF - Kelvin Cato/Dwight Howard

C - Drew Gooden/Andrew Declercq

i think these are about right just switch Cato and Gooden's positions

Gooden cannot play center at 6'8, 6'9

the only player capable of that is Ben Wallace ^_^

Because the offense is run through McGrady. McGrady doesn't only up himself, he has the potential to single handedly pick away at a defense. And the Magic never had a good PG so it pretty much had to go through him every time.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived