CMB

TOR

DCU

Miami

Atlanta

Puerto Rico

Nashville

I'd say put Detroit/Charlotte in place of Puerto Rico and its good

I don't know why but I think Puerto Rico is a great Soccer enviroment, I haven't seen much support for Detroit, show me and I will change my mind

npo_logo.png

Puerto Rico failed more than once with second division (US) teams, why would MLS fair better?

If Indy gets their stadium, they won't get 24 but you never know with the next round. I think they are good where they are now but if they get a 18,500 Downtown SSS you never know...

I really don't know how attractive Tampa Bay is to MLS. The area has real issues supporting the major-league teams it already has.

I personally see the Rowdies and Cosmos duking it out in the NASL for a long time in a field of teams in markets that MLS wouldn't consider (Edmonton, Ottawa, Jacksonville, etc).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

There was talks of VSI Tampa Bay building a stadium in downtown Tampa to attract an MLS team.

Yeah, that worked so well that VSI-TB has folded.

VSI is a youth club in the Tampa Bay area that serves from ages u8 to u19. The USLPro team they had folded due to the fact that they were literally playing in Plant City, basically a small city of poor hispanics. No way the hispanics were going to support a primarily white team, when they could go to their friends pickup games. From my understanding, the team was started so that MLS talks could start occurring. Not really sure the business part of it, but there was plenty of talks of a stadium being built. The actual USLPro team though was doomed from the start.

VSI is one of the most rapidly growing Youth Clubs in Florida, along with TBU. With Orlando getting this MLS team, I doubt we'll hear about an MLS team, but I wouldn't shy away from the possibility of a soccer-specific stadium being built in Tampa Bay completely. The small support that exists in Tampa Bay/St.Pete are Rowdies fans, who have done a terrible job marketing. Rowdies need to really target the massive young soccer demographic in this area. If the Rowdies and VSI had come to some sort of an agreement, we'd probably be seeing a stadium being built already.

I played against the USL-Developmental Orlando City squad (u19), and they have some pretty solid players. I can see Orlando having plenty of success in the MLS with the young talent they have now, coming up, and if they can get the budget to sign a few current starting 11 players in the MLS.

Puerto Rico and Nashville? I don't neither getting an MLS expansion slot. I see St Louis, San Antonio, Miami and maybe Atlanta. There is not enough support for football in Nashville. We would have another Chivas USA if a club was awarded to Nashville or Puerto Rico.

The Wave get support in Milwaukee, so it'd be nice to see an MLS team there. Won't happen though.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Puerto Rico and Nashville? I don't neither getting an MLS expansion slot. I see St Louis, San Antonio, Miami and maybe Atlanta. There is not enough support for football in Nashville. We would have another Chivas USA if a club was awarded to Nashville or Puerto Rico.

Well, it seems like Beckham FC has already "taken" that market.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I don't know why anyone thinks Minnesota is a good soccer market, they have one of the least attendances in the NASL. Nashville definatley has support for their team, in fact their team Nashville FC is supporter owned and fills the seats pretty well and last I wonder does anyone think that Albequerque could get a team?

npo_logo.png

The Wave get support in Milwaukee, so it'd be nice to see an MLS team there. Won't happen though.

I think it would be an amazing soccer market - not only do they have the oldest continuous pro soccer team in the country, but there is a tremendous youth and amateur culture (with amateur clubs going back to the 1920s). But perhaps the MLS price is too high and they should be looking at the NASL.

I have this fantasy that should Atlanta get an MLS club Milwaukee should buy the Silverbacks - the name would have just as much resonance in Southeastern Wisconsin.

Let's hope the next expansion club announced by the MLS is St Louis. I think they deserve a club with St Louis being the center of NCAA soccer and the NCSAA. As for the league quantity, here's hoping it doesn't follow other American leagues with 30 clubs. I believe it would water down the league, especially in the eyes of world football. If the Don wants MLS to be a top 5 football league in the world, then having a 30 club two divisions, no promotion/relegation is not the way to go.

Archived