National Lacrosse League (NLL) Concepts: Buffalo and Rochester

MrWonka

First concept and I am already in love with this series. The alternate is my favorite. That logo is perfect for Lacrosse and I like the idea of using the singular word mammoth versus plural. Is this common with Lacrosse teams? Would love to see helmets introduced to the series as well.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First concept and I am already in love with this series. The alternate is my favorite. That logo is perfect for Lacrosse and I like the idea of using the singular word mammoth versus plural. Is this common with Lacrosse teams? Would love to see helmets introduced to the series as well.

Ooph, I think you have the wrong idea here. NLL is already a full blown Lacrosse league. I'm just taking already existing teams and making new uniforms for them. I honestly have no clue if singular is common with lacrosse teams. I know 5 of the 9 other NLL teams have singular names too for some teams (Rush, Stealth, Rock, Swarm, and Mammoth), so it might be!

ouuuuu prettyyyyy. I wasn't really feeling the template at first, but this looks pretty much perfect. Very clean - which is usually hard to say with the NLL. Good Show!

The first set is finally complete:

Colorado Mammoth

Here is the first concept of this series. Basically my plan was to give the team a sleeker full look. Their current uniforms with the new ProJoy brand seems very messy in my opinion. It has the gradient. It has the mountains. The mountains randomly stop with side paneling. Overall I think their current loadout is pretty messy. I'm not really knowledgable on their 3rd jersey or special event (if they have those) but basically their 3rd Jersey is supposed to be a cleaner look of their current and original jerseys. The special event is obviously a pink addition for a 'Breast Cancer Awareness Night'. I know if looks a little lazy because it's the road uniform recolored in some areas, but that's what the NLL usually does with those uniforms, so I decided to stay put and just add quick pink accents. So (to those that read this part first), I bring you the Colorado Mammoth jerseys!

352jgub.jpg

16m13mg.jpg

Quick Bump quote, so if someone goes directly to the second page they can see the set.

The first set is finally complete:

Colorado Mammoth

Here is the first concept of this series. Basically my plan was to give the team a sleeker full look. Their current uniforms with the new ProJoy brand seems very messy in my opinion. It has the gradient. It has the mountains. The mountains randomly stop with side paneling. Overall I think their current loadout is pretty messy. I'm not really knowledgable on their 3rd jersey or special event (if they have those) but basically their 3rd Jersey is supposed to be a cleaner look of their current and original jerseys. The special event is obviously a pink addition for a 'Breast Cancer Awareness Night'. I know if looks a little lazy because it's the road uniform recolored in some areas, but that's what the NLL usually does with those uniforms, so I decided to stay put and just add quick pink accents. So (to those that read this part first), I bring you the Colorado Mammoth jerseys!

352jgub.jpg

16m13mg.jpg

Quick Bump quote, so if someone goes directly to the second page they can see the set.

Good guy Wonka. That is a good idea though, I don't think I've ever seen a thread creator do that directly. Good set btw

I really like the direction of the primary. The only nitpick for me is the tusk between the "Tusk C" and the M. I guess technically it would curve like the other and toward you. If that makes any sense.

You'll have to discuss that with the people at the Colorado Mammoth design team. I actually just noticed that the tusk makes the C....huh haha

Ooph, I think you have the wrong idea here. NLL is already a full blown Lacrosse league. I'm just taking already existing teams and making new uniforms for them. I honestly have no clue if singular is common with lacrosse teams. I know 5 of the 9 other NLL teams have singular names too for some teams (Rush, Stealth, Rock, Swarm, and Mammoth), so it might be!

Oh my, my bad. Shows you how little I know about Lacrosse. :lol:

who's next I'm excited

Don't RUSH me.

Oh my, my bad. Shows you how little I know about Lacrosse. :lol:

It's all good! Lacrosse isn't that popular. I remember in like 2008-09 it was starting to rise, then the last couple of years it died down again. Disappointing, but I'm hoping one day I can see it actually being reported on SportsCenter everyday!

I really like the direction of the primary. The only nitpick for me is the tusk between the "Tusk C" and the M. I guess technically it would curve like the other and toward you. If that makes any sense.

You'll have to discuss that with the people at the Colorado Mammoth design team. I actually just noticed that the tusk makes the C....huh haha

Wow, did not notice that before.

Nice concept

I've always been perplexed why MLL and NCAA lax uniforms have the numbers on front and back of their jerseys and not have the team (or college) logo on the front like Hockey jerseys do. It is nice to see NLL does it like hockey. Anyone know why the MLL and NCAA make that choice?

Nice start with the Mammoth. Lax should have that wild edge to it. Lax rides that line of innovated and tacky...too often crossing in the realm of tacky! :P But I like what you did with the Mammoth so far. The hot pink is a surprising, but fun, touch which works very well.

I've always been perplexed why MLL and NCAA lax uniforms have the numbers on front and back of their jerseys and not have the team (or college) logo on the front like Hockey jerseys do. It is nice to see NLL does it like hockey. Anyone know why the MLL and NCAA make that choice?

Nice start with the Mammoth. Lax should have that wild edge to it. Lax rides that line of innovated and tacky...too often crossing in the realm of tacky! :P But I like what you did with the Mammoth so far. The hot pink is a surprising, but fun, touch which works very well.

I'm not sure. Maybe it's because they play outdoors on a football field so they want it to be more like a football jersey? I'm not sure though.

Great start here Wonka! Pretty flawless that set is.

BRING ON EDMONTON!

Almost done here, I had a couple of ideas failed for the 3rd jersey, but I finally got a design I really like put together!

Edmonton Rush

So this next team I think will be the only current team in the NLL that I will make a new logo for. It's just a touch up logo, nothing too special. I just absolutely hate their logo. The grunge look is definitely fine for Lacrosse, however, I just hate it. So I made it a sleeker logo. For this I didn't really look at their current uniforms, I just wanted to clear my mind of any uniforms they've had and just went with the flow. There's a lot of gradient with this one, and I love it. The home and road are pretty simple yet sometimes I feel like it's crowded. I ended up really loving the home and road set.

For the Alternate I gave it a .....throwback look. It's not supposed to be a fauxback, but it's supposed to be a whole new design which turned out to be something I loved. The special event is obviously a direct crossover of a Edmonton Oilers jersey for their (Edmonton Night) ...I'm not even sure what that means, just go with it haha. I'll stop talking and let you see:

j7s03b.jpg

2131aoy.jpg

Archived