National Lacrosse League (NLL) Concepts: Buffalo and Rochester

MrWonka

Well, I honestly can say I've never seen a lacrosse thread on these boards. Maybe I've missed them, or maybe there just haven't been any. Anywho, I'm starting up one today!

After a quick google search for the type of jerseys the NLL uses I found the Projoy jersey site. On their site they had all of the jerseys from every NLL team, and it was presented in a template. Unfortunately I couldn't download the template so I had to draw it up in Illustrator. There was no back of the jersey, so I kind of had to go from site of the live action jerseys.

The first jersey is a generic NLL jersey. This is not how the final template looks because the shoulder design had to be changed.

I really hope to do every team (home, away, 3rd, and special event jersey) and maybe even some defunct teams and bringing them back into the league! There's nothing I'd like to see more than seeing the NLL become a popular sport, so I will probably expand the league a lot!

There may not be a lot of followers for this thread, but I know I will have fun switching up the type of sport I do!

Colorado Mammoth: Home&Away Alternate&Special

Edmonton Rush: Home&Away Alternate&Special

Philadelphia Wings: Home&Away Alternate&Special

Minnesota Swarm: Home&Away Alternates

Toronto Rock: Home&Away Alternate&Special

Calgary Roughnecks: Home&Away Alternate&Special

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tough part for me to get started is that I'm scared I'm going to want to stick to a hockey type design, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I need to start thinking about Lacrosse jerseys with this. They're more eccentric and out there. Hopefully I don't disappoint anyone.

The tough part for me to get started is that I'm scared I'm going to want to stick to a hockey type design, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I need to start thinking about Lacrosse jerseys with this. They're more eccentric and out there. Hopefully I don't disappoint anyone.

Just remember, lacrosse design and hockey design are entirely different. Don't be afraid to make concepts that are "ugly".... the ugliest lax jerseys are the nicest ones.

xOwzChW.jpg

Is that template MS Paint freindly? Also, I hope this comes out and looks great.

Templates can easily be ramade on MS Paint. Its actually better that way, then people can't say you copied this and that since its technically original work. Just blow up any picture and retrace the lines then mirror the one half to the other.

Thanks for the early support everyone! I may have started this thread too soon (should've finished some teams before starting) but my first team is almost complete. The Home and Road is done, just have to finish the 3rd and special event jersey. Here's a little teaser to keep you guys interested!

(And to give this thread a mini bump to get more people interested, but we don't have to bring that up......wait.)

913cc3aab49f05c82172b4ec18979eb6.png

Yes, lacrosse!!!

Giving that your treads are always amazing, well this will be something i'll follow

Will you expand to Montréal?

Good luck

Right now I'm not positive I will be adding teams. After I complete the league I'll see how things went. If this thread is rocking and I'm getting into it then I think I could possibly add a couple of teams to start.

Until then, I can't promise new teams! We'll see though ;)

No lacrosse threads, he says.

Anyway, great start. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Maybe we could put it to use in the ULL.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No lacrosse threads, he says.

Anyway, great start. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Maybe we could put it to use in the ULL.

Woah woah woah, I said I may not have seen them.

And I was referring to on the concepts page. But you just schooled me anyway, so you win.

And thank you, I wish I could've brought a team on the first post but I was excited and anxious to start it. Also could've had a team yesterday but my ideas were failing and were annoying me :/. The team I just completed though I'm very happy with how it turned out.

As an old lacrosse player, I'll be watching this one.

I would say that the biggest differences between the hockey and lax unis result from the fact that lacrosse jerseys are all (almost all?) sublimated.

Lacrosse seems to use more gradients and non-traditional striping and patterns.

This should be good.

The first set is finally complete:

Colorado Mammoth

Here is the first concept of this series. Basically my plan was to give the team a sleeker full look. Their current uniforms with the new ProJoy brand seems very messy in my opinion. It has the gradient. It has the mountains. The mountains randomly stop with side paneling. Overall I think their current loadout is pretty messy. I'm not really knowledgable on their 3rd jersey or special event (if they have those) but basically their 3rd Jersey is supposed to be a cleaner look of their current and original jerseys. The special event is obviously a pink addition for a 'Breast Cancer Awareness Night'. I know if looks a little lazy because it's the road uniform recolored in some areas, but that's what the NLL usually does with those uniforms, so I decided to stay put and just add quick pink accents. So (to those that read this part first), I bring you the Colorado Mammoth jerseys!

352jgub.jpg

16m13mg.jpg

Archived