National Lacrosse League (NLL) Concepts: Buffalo and Rochester

MrWonka

Edmonton Rush

So this next team I think will be the only current team in the NLL that I will make a new logo for. It's just a touch up logo, nothing too special. I just absolutely hate their logo. The grunge look is definitely fine for Lacrosse, however, I just hate it. So I made it a sleeker logo. For this I didn't really look at their current uniforms, I just wanted to clear my mind of any uniforms they've had and just went with the flow. There's a lot of gradient with this one, and I love it. The home and road are pretty simple yet sometimes I feel like it's crowded. I ended up really loving the home and road set.

For the Alternate I gave it a .....throwback look. It's not supposed to be a fauxback, but it's supposed to be a whole new design which turned out to be something I loved. The special event is obviously a direct crossover of a Edmonton Oilers jersey for their (Edmonton Night) ...I'm not even sure what that means, just go with it haha. I'll stop talking and let you see:

j7s03b.jpg

2131aoy.jpg

I'll just do this now so I don't have to later. Bumping to the 3rd page.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it, very fitting for the team name. The barbed wire jerseys never made sense to me at all.

I looked up their jerseys after I finished (both current and past, which I didn't really like any of them) but the barbed wired ones did seem strange for the team name 'Rush'. I'm not even sure how to depict 'Rush'

I think the barbed wire design can be an awesome design for like a 'Rebels' or 'Felons' team, not Rush.

I like it, very fitting for the team name. The barbed wire jerseys never made sense to me at all.

I looked up their jerseys after I finished (both current and past, which I didn't really like any of them) but the barbed wired ones did seem strange for the team name 'Rush'. I'm not even sure how to depict 'Rush'

I think the barbed wire design can be an awesome design for like a 'Rebels' or 'Felons' team, not Rush.

Does this mark the return of the Ottawa Rebel?

That's what- She

Does this mark the return of the Ottawa Rebel?

So that Edmonton Rush concept........eh?

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone! So far this has been an awesome challenge! All the teams so far haven't been made up in less than an hour. I've gone through 3 or 4 drafts of jerseys that have been thrown out until I get something I like. So it's not the easiest concepts I've ever done, but boy have I been enjoying them. It's something different than I usually do, and that's what I needed.

Philadelphia Wings

After about a good day of being annoyed with trying to find a final design to use I finally put together something I'm proud to show. The only NLL game I went to this year; this team was the visitor, so I had a taste of what their jerseys looked like...not a fan. Then again I'm not really a fan of any current NLL uni's. I think ProJoy has taken some great team looks and trashed them. This isn't necessary cleaning up the Wings' look, but I think it gives them a unique look to be proud of. The alternate is supposed to calm down the whole set, to give them a stable, yet bold look. The special event jersey if for their Twitter night! Twitter handles on the back of their jerseys and they will rock a baby blue color! This was probably the toughest jersey so far to think of, but I'm happy the way it turned out.

16m6qh0.jpg

2zf0e38.jpg

too many lines on the wings

Maybe, but I wanted it to be like a side panel design; going all the way up to the base of the logo.

Love them all! Yay Edmonton! Anyway, only change would be to promote the Mammoth Alt to home. The Alt is great, with the colours, mountains, and everything.

I was thinking at the end of this, or just in the future I'd go back and revisit some teams. Either making a home and road version of their alternate, or giving them a new alternate/Home&Road if a new idea flurries.

The Wings are my second favourite team in the NLL so I'm gonna be a little more strict on this one haha. Not really a fan of the sublimation. The little wing things could look better if they matched the W logo (like the get smaller as they go up the jersey). I do like how the shoulder yoke mimics the shape of the logo, not sure if that was intentional but I like that.

The Wings are my second favourite team in the NLL so I'm gonna be a little more strict on this one haha. Not really a fan of the sublimation. The little wing things could look better if they matched the W logo (like the get smaller as they go up the jersey). I do like how the shoulder yoke mimics the shape of the logo, not sure if that was intentional but I like that.

Be as strict as you want! Hurting no ones feelings here! My original thought was to have the sublimation almost have a gradient fade down to the hem. After testing out a lot of situations I loved this one the best. I tried having the sublimation not sublimated and it looked way too jumbled up. I tried it with a contrasting foreground color, that made the jersey look awkward. I made the sublimations a bit more easy to see but if these jerseys were actually made I would hope the sublimated logos would be VERY hard to see.

And yes the shoulders were meant to take the angle of the logo. I thought about making the back mimic the top of the logo too, but I thought it would be an awkward area for a name then.

I actually just had an idea in mind with the logo being largely sublimated...maybe have it on the side so the wings are going to the front and the back....hmm.

Minnesota Swarm

So this team wasn't much of a problem to come up with designs. I had a lot of plans for this. My two favorites are shown in the teams set. Instead of doing a special event jersey for them, I just decided to give them two sets basically. The home and away are probably the most conservative out of all the teams I've done, but I figured there needed to be a team like that. The two alternates are fauxback/throwbacks to some of their original jerseys that they wore. I decided to go with the beestick for the main home and road jerseys because it seemed more reliable and timeless compared to the alternates. I'm wondering what you think of these two designs. Do you think they should be switched? Do you love both? Do you hate both? Let me know.

5v3cc1.jpg

w6usyv.jpg

Archived