Most popular retro logo and colors ?

Rays

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember reading that some people confused the Milwaukee Brewers' greatest logo with a paw print. Thanks to Hank the Dog, it is!

For years, both the Mariners and Brewers coexisted wearing blue and gold, let's see it again! They are in different leagues anyway.

BnNnVUgIIAAdnec.jpg

Three pages in, and when it comes to colors, NO ONE has yet to bring the most popular throwbacks of all?!?

Ugly-_1-Astros.jpg

When it's more muted, that really is a killer color combination. The iteration of that identity after rainbow guts was a good example of a more muted use of that color scheme:

nolan-ryan-astros.jpg

But the stirrups (and general treatment of the four colors therein) are where that combination really looks good:

2011-03-31_08-05-51_145.jpg

Three pages in, and when it comes to colors, NO ONE has yet to bring the most popular throwbacks of all?!?

Ugly-_1-Astros.jpg

When it's more muted, that really is a killer color combination. The iteration of that identity after rainbow guts was a good example of a more muted use of that color scheme:

nolan-ryan-astros.jpg

But the stirrups (and general treatment of the four colors therein) are where that combination really looks good:

The good ol' Astros jersey! What a classic! The jersey with the stripes on the shoulders - was that their home jersey after the rainbow jersey or was that their road jersey and the rainbow their home jersey? I can't remember.

SuperSonics skyline and green and gold!

BD_ShfoCUAEbWCd.jpg

Was there another city besides Seattle that had some of the greatest logos in their respective sports? The Mariners' star trident, the Sonics' skyline and the Seahawks' old logo? Very aesthetically pleasing, all of them.

Three pages in, and when it comes to colors, NO ONE has yet to bring the most popular throwbacks of all?!?Ugly-_1-Astros.jpg

nolan-ryan-astros.jpg

Those are the coolest stirrups I've ever seen.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Texas Rangers 'Texas logo'. Simple, but effective.

The Mariners' old logo wasn't bad luck. The current identity has produced 12 straight seasons missing the postseason, 10 straight seasons with negative run differential and the complete waste of Ichiro Suzuki's career.Out with the compass rose please. The only direction that logo represents is down. Another thing, it was 76 yesterday and King Felix on the mound and the Mariners drew 12,392, the fans are over teal. Your move Kevin Martinez and Gregg Greene.

The Mariners' old logo wasn't bad luck. The current identity has produced 12 straight seasons missing the postseason, 10 straight seasons with negative run differential and the complete waste of Ichiro Suzuki's career.Out with the compass rose please. The only direction that logo represents is down. Another thing, it was 76 yesterday and King Felix on the mound and the Mariners drew 12,392, the fans are over teal. Your move Kevin Martinez and Gregg Greene.

So just cause some fans don't go to the games, that makes them over teal? I do not agree.

So just cause some fans don't go to the games, that makes them over teal? I do not agree.
It may just be that your team can't build a team. King Felix may be one of the best pitchers ever, but they have failed to build a good team around him, and that has nothing to do with uniforms.

BD_ShfoCUAEbWCd.jpg

Was there another city besides Seattle that had some of the greatest logos in their respective sports? The Mariners' star trident, the Sonics' skyline and the Seahawks' old logo? Very aesthetically pleasing, all of them.

I don't know. That Mariners logo is great, reminds of Alvin Davis.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Three pages in, and when it comes to colors, NO ONE has yet to bring the most popular throwbacks of all?!?Ugly-_1-Astros.jpg

nolan-ryan-astros.jpg

The good ol' Astros jersey! What a classic! The jersey with the stripes on the shoulders - was that their home jersey after the rainbow jersey or was that their road jersey and the rainbow their home jersey? I can't remember.
I think the shoulder stripes were first added to the away jersey, then over time they replaced the home rainbow jerseys with shoulder stripes as well.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

This Giants cap logo gets a surprisingly large amount of use in merchandise:

xethzeghsqevqcmfef8m5u6d4.gif

Maybe it's Will the Thrill and Matt Williams who made it cool, but I never got the appeal of it.

That logo is fine, but the uniforms from that era are awesome. isco-Giants-9-1989-Matt-Williams-Home-Je

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

BD_ShfoCUAEbWCd.jpg

Please, please.....

Just stop.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

This Giants cap logo gets a surprisingly large amount of use in merchandise:

xethzeghsqevqcmfef8m5u6d4.gif

Maybe it's Will the Thrill and Matt Williams who made it cool, but I never got the appeal of it.

That logo is fine, but the uniforms from that era are awesome. isco-Giants-9-1989-Matt-Williams-Home-Je

The road look was also pretty nice, so much so that it inspired the Giants' current road alt.

mlb_extinctunis_06.jpg

Something about the Northwestern stripe cuffs makes me like them, I don't know why.

Brown and yellow are popular colors ??? Can't imagine there would be much sale in padres retro merchandise.

You don't know how popular the Padres retro merchandise is in San Diego. I think they sold more in retro merchandise than the current stuff.

You'll see a handful of people with some retro gear on in the stands. Definitely not more than people with the current colors. I just can't see the whole stadium wearing brown and yellow.

Brown and yellow are popular colors ??? Can't imagine there would be much sale in padres retro merchandise.

You don't know how popular the Padres retro merchandise is in San Diego. I think they sold more in retro merchandise than the current stuff.

You'll see a handful of people with some retro gear on in the stands. Definitely not more than people with the current colors. I don't see the whole stadium wearing brown and yellow.
Go to the toilets my friend.......then it´s all you see :)

Archived