Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Still need to do the team boxes, but here's where I'm at now.

6CrAerk.png

Changed the field texture a bit more to try and capture the turf look better.

Goal is to get as close to this look as possible

LPCR89q.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, TheHumanCreeper said:

This is my favorite field out of all the conceptsspacer.png

Love this variation too. But one small tweak request. Substitute or replace the facemasks (putting the modern or present ones instead of the old school bar ones). Other than that, it should had come close to it on the real thing, endzone-wise.

• Like 1
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

I don't mind the slogans in place, just as long as some folks don't make a fuss about it. Generally speaking, the point is that we all must get along to watch and enjoy a game we all love.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

I don't know if after being disappointed over the last few years, my expectations have lowered a lot (See the SB XLVIII, XLIX, LI, LII and LIII fields that were a total mess).  But, I like this field. It isn't Top 10 all time, no conference logos in the EZ still make it seem incomplete and un-Super Bowl like. But... They made some wise choices I think.

The Bengals logo in orange and the white wordmark makes both pop some, the spacing is decent between logo and wordmark and also to the sidelines... The SB logo is my favourite on-field since probably Super Bowl XLI, and the orange of the logo matches with the orange of the Bengals logo, so does the bit of yellow with the Rams logo.

It is actually reminiscent of SB XLI where the blue of the Colts, the blue of the Bears and the orange of the Bears matched well with the SB XLI logo.

Can't complain much, hopefully the uniform matchup is nice and most importantly, hopefully the game is good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kenny_goldstein said:

What are thoughts on incorporating the slogans beyond the end zones? "It Takes all of Us",  "End Racism"  
Or do you think they will be removed come game day?

I'm going to put them in, since that would be accurate to the field. I haven't done them in the regular season because how much they vary, and that would greatly increase my work load. 

2 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

I don't know if after being disappointed over the last few years, my expectations have lowered a lot (See the SB XLVIII, XLIX, LI, LII and LIII fields that were a total mess).  But, I like this field. It isn't Top 10 all time, no conference logos in the EZ still make it seem incomplete and un-Super Bowl like. But... They made some wise choices I think.

The Bengals logo in orange and the white wordmark makes both pop some, the spacing is decent between logo and wordmark and also to the sidelines... The SB logo is my favourite on-field since probably Super Bowl XLI, and the orange of the logo matches with the orange of the Bengals logo, so does the bit of yellow with the Rams logo.

It is actually reminiscent of SB XLI where the blue of the Colts, the blue of the Bears and the orange of the Bears matched well with the SB XLI logo.

Can't complain much, hopefully the uniform matchup is nice and most importantly, hopefully the game is good.

It is nice to see some more color in the Super Bowl logo again. Makes a huge difference. If you haven't seen the uniform matchup already, it's the best case scenario. Bengals are black over white, and Rams are white over yellow.

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2021&week=sb&league=NFL

• Like 1

Man, the Bengals end zone looks sharp. Using the color white was a smart move of course it’s common knowledge their alternate helmet next year will be the white helmet with the black stripes, so maybe they’re prepping us Bengals fans. Haha. Top notch field. Ranks in my Top 10. 

3 minutes ago, Les D. said:

Man, the Bengals end zone looks sharp. Using the color white was a smart move of course it’s common knowledge their alternate helmet next year will be the white helmet with the black stripes, so maybe they’re prepping us Bengals fans. Haha. Top notch field. Ranks in my Top 10. 

I do think the oversized Super Bowl logos are going to look pretty good on the TV screen. Plus, they have color, so that puts this field high on the list of recent Super Bowl fields. I still love Super Bowl LIV's field from the template era a ton, but we'll see how I feel after seeing this field in game.

• Like 2

I have to say, overall it's going to be a good looking Super Bowl. The natural light with a 3:30 local time start is really going to make the colors pop on the Super Bowl logos. Couldn't have asked for a better uniform matchup either between these two teams in their current sets.

f5hCphw.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I have to say, overall it's going to be a good looking Super Bowl. The natural light with a 3:30 local time start is really going to make the colors pop on the Super Bowl logos. Couldn't have asked for a better uniform matchup either between these two teams in their current sets.

f5hCphw.png

i 110 percent agree.one of my top 10 fields. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

From the digital SB Program on nfl.com If these are the final designs I'd be LIVID

I'd hope those are mostly placeholders. I don't think the NFL is getting rid of the trophy in the logo anytime soon. Interesting though that they wouldn't have the actually Super Bowl LVII logo in the program, as they usually do have next years promo in there ...

• Like 1

I'll echo many of the comments here: I don't hate it. One of the better fields of the current-template (since SB 50) era, which as we've all pointed out, is not a high bar to clear. That said, the SB logo might be the best of this era, and that raises the entire design.

Also, the uniforms are the best combination they could have picked. I'm curious if, for teams with multiple uniform choices, the NFL makes a "recommendation." Agree that it should be one of the more aesthetically pleasing SBs in a while.

• Like 2