Miami would've gotten Napier regardless. Houston want gonna take him, they picked a foreigner to keep overseas & clear cap space to go after Melo. Drafting Napier "just to keep him away from Miami" would've been stupid. Charlotte already has an undersized UConn shooting guard playing PG, they don't need another one. They need someone who can score. And they got one of the 2-3 best scorers in the entire draft.

Charlotte wanted PJ all along, and they got him. They traded #55 & Haywood to Cleveland for cash. They were able to clear $3mil off the books for this season & raise their cap space from $15 to $18mil (& that includes paying 2 1st Rd picks. They're also expected to trade Henderson, which will give them around $23mil n cap space this summer for MJ & Cho to go after another star.

They didn't do it to get extra 2nd Rd picks, they did it to clear cap space. They packaged am expensive bench player & the pick they received from z Miami this year to Cleveland for extra cap space. Michael Jordan wants to go after Stephenson/Hayward/Carmelo this summer.

The other 2nd Rd pick they received from Miami will be in 2019. By then LeBron may be gone & Miami could be a bottom feeder. That pick could end up being around 31-36, which could potentially land a car good player. If nothing else, it's a valuable asset to have.

Anyone who thinks Charlotte didn't come out on top if that trade is pretty clueless.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the Rockets seem to want Melo AND LeBron. They're willing to give up Harden for one of them. As Harden is my favorite player I want him to play for my favorite team. So I'd like him on the Knicks! I'd also like LeBron better on the Rockets than on the Heat.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

So, the Rockets seem to want Melo AND LeBron. They're willing to give up Harden for one of them. As Harden is my favorite player I want him to play for my favorite team. So I'd like him on the Knicks! I'd also like LeBron better on the Rockets than on the Heat.

from what I've heard, the Rockets would be willing to give up Jeremy Lin not Harden

I don't see Melo, LeBron, and Howard's egos all getting along between them, why not just sign LeBron and call it a day? That wouldn't be nearly as bad as adding another ball-hog to the team. They could still flip Lin if they need cap space, but with a lineup of potentially Beverly-Harden-Parons-LeBron-Howard.

They could flip-flop Parsons and LeBron between the 3 and 4, and still play run-and-gun ball. To me, that's the best option out there for him, the only problem is having to go through the west every year, but you'll have to play them eventually.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

If they move Harden I'd put Charlotte near the very top of the list. They want a max contract wing, have $22mil in cap space, and Jordan tried to get Harden from OKC a few years ago.

That said, Houston isn't getting rid of him.

Dwyane Wade has opted out. Udonis Haslem opted out this morning.

That'll do it. The Big Three is coming back. All that remains to be seen is how much of a discount they'll take and for whom.

Wade better be expecting to take a huge cut though. His knees are only going to get worse and the team dynamic may have to change in such a way that he'll have to come off the bench to have the most impact.

If LeBron and Bosh take a salary in the $13-15M range and Wade takes a sub-$10M salary, they'd have $15-20M to either go after another max player or going for a mid-level player like Lowry and a handful of veterans/roleplayers.

GR30a5H.png

A couple of days after the fact and I'm pretty stoked about Utah picking up Dante Exum and Rodney Hood. While he's been the "international man of mystery" in this draft, he shows a lot of potential. Given that Jazz PG Trey Burke has specifically mentioned as wanting to play with Exum, it seems that Utah is planning to try a dual-guard approach. Hood is also a steal.

Dwyane Wade has opted out. Udonis Haslem opted out this morning.

That'll do it. The Big Three is coming back. All that remains to be seen is how much of a discount they'll take and for whom.

Wade better be expecting to take a huge cut though. His knees are only going to get worse and the team dynamic may have to change in such a way that he'll have to come off the bench to have the most impact.

If LeBron and Bosh take a salary in the $13-15M range and Wade takes a sub-$10M salary, they'd have $15-20M to either go after another max player or going for a mid-level player like Lowry and a handful of veterans/roleplayers.

Not necessarily since the cap will have a significant increase starting in the 2016-17 season as there will be a new national TV contract.

More importantly for MIA, they may have to deal with the Over 36 Rule for Wade.

The rule explained by Larry Coon

Dwanye Wade is getting ready to lose out of a lot of cash.

Although...just within the past hour, it seems that Wade is actually looking at something like a $60M/4-year deal...which would actually be a TERRIBLE IDEA. If all these guys sign for $15M each, then you're only left with $10M to add a new guard and some fresh assets.

GR30a5H.png

Dwanye Wade is getting ready to lose out of a lot of cash.

Although...just within the past hour, it seems that Wade is actually looking at something like a $60M/4-year deal...which would actually be a TERRIBLE IDEA. If all these guys sign for $15M each, then you're only left with $10M to add a new guard and some fresh assets.

Wade would still be cutting his 2014-15 and 2015-16 salary down from $21MM/season. Whatever he/Bosh/LeBron sign for for the first year of the contract, tack on a 7.5% increase for each successive year which is the max allowed by the CBA.

Again, in 2016, the cap WILL increase because of the influx of new TV money. All of which has to be split 50/50 between owners and players.

Plus, MIA can still sign a player on a mini or full mid-level exemption this offseason too. $3.09MM/year for three years at minimum and up to $5MM since MIA will be a luxury tax repeater.

LeBron/Wade/Bosh aren't gonna win another title on their own. Wade was dominant when they won their titles. He's washed up and will never be a star again. His knees are shot because of his decision to remove his MCL in college.

They're gonna need a 4th star. Not to mention they have no bench besides a bunch of old guys. LeBron made his bed in Miami and now he has to last in it, unless he wants more criticism for fleeing to another team. He's gonna have a hard time winning another title with Wade.

LeBron/Wade/Bosh aren't gonna win another title on their own. Wade was dominant when they won their titles. He's washed up and will never be a star again. His knees are shot because of his decision to remove his MCL in college.

They're gonna need a 4th star. Not to mention they have no bench besides a bunch of old guys. LeBron made his bed in Miami and now he has to last in it, unless he wants more criticism for fleeing to another team. He's gonna have a hard time winning another title with Wade.

Riley can (re)build a team which can get to the ECF while taking a leak. The rest is still somewhat random.

For veteran free agents, who will to take less $$$ and play with LeBron.....the line still forms on the left.

After his wildly successful coaching debut, Jason Kidd asked to run the Nets' basketball operations, was told "no," and will now interview for a coach+GM position with the Bucks.

What a league.

PJU85JF.png

Archived