As much as I heard of him he's actually more a SG than a PG. He's more a scorer than a passer and good in defense.

I also heard that he may have more potential than Parker.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...Joel Embiid is now hurt. I wonder how the draft will play out now.

Sixers fans are sh***ing themselves today. We thought Wiggins was falling to #3, but now it doesn't look like it

Yeah it sucks because the whole plan was to sit Noel out for a year, and then come in next year with two top picks (Noel and Wiggins or Parker) and the #10 pick joining MCW. Now it looks like they'll get yet another guy who is hurt. If they draft him, my uneducated prediction is that they'll hold him out for the year and tank another season.

Been hearing stuff about them offering the #3 and Thaddeus Young for the #1, though I can't imagine who in their right mind would want him with the money he makes (though NBA is weird with how many bad players make 20M/year.) Now with this news, they may have to give up the #10 as well to move up.

Someone said there's a guy from Australia that might go top 3 - if that's true then maybe this doesn't matter as much.

Yeah, I've seen Dante Exum projected to go to the Sixers at #3. Can he play SG too or is he just a PG? I know you go best player available in the NBA Draft more than in any other, but it wouldn't seem to make much sense to draft him unless he can play with Michael Carter-Williams at the same time.

I don't know anything about him (or basketball in general). I did read that the Sixers may trade MCW either it move up or just acquire more picks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

ESPN is reporting that sources say Melo has opted out of his contract with the Knicks, making him a Free Agent

I see him going to either Chicago, Boston, or Miami, but only if LBJ, Bosh, and Wade stay

EDIT: Beaten to it...

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Well...Joel Embiid is now hurt. I wonder how the draft will play out now.

Sixers fans are sh***ing themselves today. We thought Wiggins was falling to #3, but now it doesn't look like it

Yeah it sucks because the whole plan was to sit Noel out for a year, and then come in next year with two top picks (Noel and Wiggins or Parker) and the #10 pick joining MCW. Now it looks like they'll get yet another guy who is hurt. If they draft him, my uneducated prediction is that they'll hold him out for the year and tank another season.

Been hearing stuff about them offering the #3 and Thaddeus Young for the #1, though I can't imagine who in their right mind would want him with the money he makes (though NBA is weird with how many bad players make 20M/year.) Now with this news, they may have to give up the #10 as well to move up.

Someone said there's a guy from Australia that might go top 3 - if that's true then maybe this doesn't matter as much.

Yeah, I've seen Dante Exum projected to go to the Sixers at #3. Can he play SG too or is he just a PG? I know you go best player available in the NBA Draft more than in any other, but it wouldn't seem to make much sense to draft him unless he can play with Michael Carter-Williams at the same time.

I don't know anything about him (or basketball in general). I did read that the Sixers may trade MCW either it move up or just acquire more picks.

Nobody has really seen him play which is the interesting part. If I were a Sixers fan, I'd be disappointed if they traded MCW. I've been a big fan of his.

I really hope the Bulls get Melo, but a healthy Rose is the real key. I'm fully expecting Melo to go somewhere else and have the Bulls end up with Arron Afflalo or something next season. I'm also really excited for Nikola Mirotic if he comes over. I'd be pretty disappointed if they trade him this summer.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

As much as I heard of him he's actually more a SG than a PG. He's more a scorer than a passer and good in defense.

Through all the YouTube clips I've seen of him, he's definitely a SG. Not a bad guy as a secondary ballhandler though. I don't think he's a Top-3 prospect, a hurt Embiid might be better than him in their eyes.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

ESPN is reporting that sources say Melo has opted out of his contract with the Knicks, making him a Free Agent

I see him going to either Chicago, Boston, or Miami, but only if LBJ, Bosh, and Wade stay

EDIT: Beaten to it...

"Sources" are saying that Melo's been asking around about Thibs and scouting the city of Chicago.

Melo seems like a logical fit in Chicago but his timing couldn't be worse. I don't think this current regime has a whole lot longer in it before they're dissolved. Rose is constantly hurt, Thibs and management aren't exactly on equal terms, Thib is also being hounded to coach elsewhere, and Thibs coaches aggressive team defense. Carmelo's defense is probably an equal level of bad as Boozer's, which basically means non-existent.

I don't know the team that well outside of what I read/hear from others, so my thoughts aren't worth much, but I've always gotten the vibe that this version of the Bulls had one title run in it and that time has passed. I wouldn't mind being wrong, though. I have no rooting interest in their success other than making the horrible sports radio I listen to from time to time more tolerable. Anything beats the early 00's.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Through all the YouTube clips I've seen of him, he's definitely a SG. Not a bad guy as a secondary ballhandler though. I don't think he's a Top-3 prospect, a hurt Embiid might be better than him in their eyes.

If I'm the sixers, I take Embiid. I don't think the Sixers should pick Exum. He may be somewhat of a 2 guard but he is still a point guard.

Looks like Cleveland might be taking Parker even though he half-assed his workout because he wants to go to Milwaukee instead

Milwaukee's co-owner said this morning the team will not draft Embiid

Parker/Exum 1/2 would be amazing. Goddamn I hope it happens

I don't know the team that well outside of what I read/hear from others, so my thoughts aren't worth much, but I've always gotten the vibe that this version of the Bulls had one title run in it and that time has passed. I wouldn't mind being wrong, though. I have no rooting interest in their success other than making the horrible sports radio I listen to from time to time more tolerable. Anything beats the early 00's.

The Bulls are a weak joke of an organization that cares more about making money and keeping its strange hiring practices (loyalty hires, coaches can't negotiate through agents) than winning championships, and no one wants to play for them. Melo will toy with the Bulls and then sign somewhere else, just like Dwyane Wade did, or Tracy McGrady, or any number of guys over the years. They might as well be the Bucks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If he takes less money to stay in Miami it will be an embarrassment.

Embarrassment? Why? Seems like that would be something to be praised, not dogged.
Exactly. He decides not to be the guy that jumps from team to team and it's still an embarrassment? How does that work?

Two trades involving big men today;

Mavericks trade Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, Jose Calderon, and two second round picks to the Knicks for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton, and;

Pelicans trade a protected 2015 1st round pick to the Rockets for Omer Asik.

The Mavericks got a bit of an upgrade at C and an old friend in Chandler, the Knicks grab draft picks, a young player, and a long range shooting PG, Pelicans recieve a quality defensive big man to pair in the frontcourt with Anthony Davis and the Rockets grab spending money for LeBron and/or Carmelo.

Two trades involving big men today;

Mavericks trade Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, Jose Calderon, and two second round picks to the Knicks for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton, and;

Pelicans trade a protected 2015 1st round pick to the Rockets for Omer Asik.

The Mavericks got a bit of an upgrade at C and an old friend in Chandler, the Knicks grab draft picks, a young player, and a long range shooting PG, Pelicans recieve a quality defensive big man to pair in the frontcourt with Anthony Davis and the Rockets grab spending money for LeBron and/or Carmelo.

DAL got quite an upgrade in getting Chandler back, however in reality Cuban and Nelson shouldn't have let him go after the 2011 season. Chandler is still younger than Dalembert, a much better rim protector, and NOT LAZY! Dalembert is approaching $100MM in career earnings from being tall and willing to get DQ'd! He is not even worth 8 and 8 per game.

The Mavericks will have lots of cap room again, so they have to actually sign some player of relevance. Talk about a team who does not value draft picks, that's the Mavericks. Josh Howard was the last draft pick who they actually gotten minutes from in the last decade.

Archived