• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Heat do sign 'Melo it's really time to check out of everything NBA related for years to come.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't believe Carmelo will sign with the Heat on this contract. Maybe the next one if he hasn't won a ring, but not when he still can make max money.

In fact, that's why I can't see him joining the Heat if they keep the current "Big Three". Wade, LeBron, and Bosh all took less money in 2010 to play together. This time I think they'll want the max deals that certainly Bosh and LeBron deserve (probably not Wade because of injuries). That doesn't leave any room to add a player of Melo's caliber. The only way I could see Melo coming to Miami is if Bosh or Wade are sign-and-traded to the Knicks, or if Melo and the current Big Three are so willing to play together that they each take less money in order to make that happen. and I can't see either one happening. Then again, I thought LeBron or Wade were shoo-ins to sign with the Bulls in 2010, so take this post with a grain of salt.

When we said 'Melo and 'Bron we didn't mean it like this!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't believe Carmelo will sign with the Heat on this contract. Maybe the next one if he hasn't won a ring, but not when he still can make max money.

In fact, that's why I can't see him joining the Heat if they keep the current "Big Three". Wade, LeBron, and Bosh all took less money in 2010 to play together. This time I think they'll want the max deals that certainly Bosh and LeBron deserve (probably not Wade because of injuries). That doesn't leave any room to add a player of Melo's caliber. The only way I could see Melo coming to Miami is if Bosh or Wade are sign-and-traded to the Knicks, or if Melo and the current Big Three are so willing to play together that they each take less money in order to make that happen. and I can't see either one happening. Then again, I thought LeBron or Wade were shoo-ins to sign with the Bulls in 2010, so take this post with a grain of salt.

LeBron does not need a max contract since he makes so much more off the court. Case in point, he will take in at least $30MM when the Apple purchase of Beats is finalized and more if it is all stock.

Each of the Miami players (and even Carmelo) still have the ability to opt-in for 2014-15 and wait until to see if the new TV deal is complete in the next year, thus they know how much the salary cap will increase.

If Melo joins Miami the NBA is officially a joke.

I don't see how people can watch this Finals series and still think that Melo would make the Heat some unstoppable force that would make the NBA all but irrelevant. Wade is washed up, Bosh has been phased out of the offense for the most part, and Miami's role players are all ancient and/or horrible. Melo alone isn't going to fix the problems that Miami is facing and his iso-heavy, ball-dominant style might even create more problems. Either way, I don't really see the doomsday scenario for the NBA here.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If Melo joins Miami the NBA is officially a joke.

If he joins Houston (it's been a decent rumor), then the Rockets may have the most unlikable big-3 in the NBA.

I'd love to watch the Melo-Dwight fights and just watch their ship just fall apart.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I think Dwyane Wade's career as an All-Star is effectively over. If Miami is smart they find someone looking for some name recongiztion to take him for a draft pick. Wade's style of play was never going to last for a long career, and I sense he is about to become a burden on the Heat roster becuase he is burnt out from playing with reckless abandoned his first few years.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wade's best used off the bench in a Ginobili role. Wade still has the ability to put up nice performances, he just can't keep it up anymore, heavy minutes are not for him. LeBron does need help (and no, that doesn't mean another "superstar", like 99.9% of America automatically assumes when that subject comes up). He needs Wade to do the right thing and re-negotiate a contract suited for his current level of play. He needs a half-decent coach who can establish a system and adjust under pressure. He needs Pat to re-load with savvy signings that can each fill a role. He needs Bosh to stay and solidify himself as the #2 option. The Heat have a lot of work to do.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I think Dwyane Wade's career as an All-Star is effectively over. If Miami is smart they find someone looking for some name recongiztion to take him for a draft pick. Wade's style of play was never going to last for a long career, and I sense he is about to become a burden on the Heat roster becuase he is burnt out from playing with reckless abandoned his first few years.

No one is paying $20 mil for "name recognition"

Hearing rumors from Jazz Twitter (take with lots of salt, of course) that Utah and Cleveland have discussed a deal that would swap Derrick Favors and the 5th pick for the 1st pick. Not sure how I like trading the best defensive player on your team for someone whose defense is less than ideal (Jabari), but then again, as they say in Jazzland, "If a Jazz rumor has gotten out, it's either dead or untrue."

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Well...Joel Embiid is now hurt. I wonder how the draft will play out now.

Sixers fans are sh***ing themselves today. We thought Wiggins was falling to #3, but now it doesn't look like it

Sixers fans are sh***ing themselves today. We thought Wiggins was falling to #3, but now it doesn't look like it

Yeah it sucks because the whole plan was to sit Noel out for a year, and then come in next year with two top picks (Noel and Wiggins or Parker) and the #10 pick joining MCW. Now it looks like they'll get yet another guy who is hurt. If they draft him, my uneducated prediction is that they'll hold him out for the year and tank another season.

Been hearing stuff about them offering the #3 and Thaddeus Young for the #1, though I can't imagine who in their right mind would want him with the money he makes (though NBA is weird with how many bad players make 20M/year.) Now with this news, they may have to give up the #10 as well to move up.

Someone said there's a guy from Australia that might go top 3 - if that's true then maybe this doesn't matter as much.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah it sucks because the whole plan was to sit Noel out for a year, and then come in next year with two top picks (Noel and Wiggins or Parker) and the #10 pick joining MCW. Now it looks like they'll get yet another guy who is hurt. If they draft him, my uneducated prediction is that they'll hold him out for the year and tank another season.

Been hearing stuff about them offering the #3 and Thaddeus Young for the #1, though I can't imagine who in their right mind would want him with the money he makes (though NBA is weird with how many bad players make 20M/year.) Now with this news, they may have to give up the #10 as well to move up.

Someone said there's a guy from Australia that might go top 3 - if that's true then maybe this doesn't matter as much.

Yeah, I've seen Dante Exum projected to go to the Sixers at #3. Can he play SG too or is he just a PG? I know you go best player available in the NBA Draft more than in any other, but it wouldn't seem to make much sense to draft him unless he can play with Michael Carter-Williams at the same time.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived