• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perception is reality? The media does a great job of controlling public opinion of athletes. Lance is a rising star in the league & prized free agent, MKG is a bust & wasted pick by MJ & Cho. Kyrie is a superstar & the future at PG, Kemba is an afterthought.

Talked to a few Pacers fans on Charlotte possibly nabbing Stephenson. According to them if won't happen because Charlotte only has "one average player" in Jefferson. When I mentioned that MKG was just as productive as Lance, & a much better defender, they laughed & called MKG the biggest bust since Kwame Brown.

Local fans want Kemba ran out of town because he sucks & isn't even a PG. They also think Kyrie is phenomenal & will be a top 5 player one day.

Per 36-

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, age 20, 2nd yr

11 pt (47%), 8 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk

Lance Stephenson, age 23, 4th yr

14 pt (46%), 7 reb, 5 ast, 1 stl

Kemba Walker, age 24, 3rd yr

18 pt (42%), 4 reb, 6 ast, 1 stl

Kyrie Irving, age 22, 3rd yr

21 pt (45%), 4 reb, 6 ast, 1 stl

Lance is better than MKG right now, but it's not that big of a gap. MKG has a much higher ceiling & IMO will be the better player in 4-5 years. He's a phenomenal defender & rebounder. He's also a great slasher & all he's missing is a decent jumper.

Kemba is what he is. A solid, above average player. He is a decent starter & 3rd option, & lives for big time shots. That said, I think Kyrie is vastly overrated & right now isn't that much better than Kemba.

SVG just gave Jody Meeks 3 years/$19MM to go from LAL to DET

They let Monroe go to sign Meeks? LoL

Monroe has yet to go anywhere. SVG could very well give Monroe the max/match any other offer sheet. If Stan isn't going to go all in with Monroe, he could easily flip him for a guy like Batum from Portland in a S&T. Right now for Detroit, it's just a matter of whether they can get a return from a possible Smoove trade or if someone offers something SVG can't turn down for Monroe.

Apparently, the Pistons offered Isaiah Thomas 3yrs/$24mil, I'm just praying now for a S&T for J Smoove to be announced soon.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

So not only did Derrick Rose participate in the Bulls' Melo pitch, he apparently did a private workout to prove he was healthy -- and presumably to get everybody off his ass. "There. You happy now? Good. Now eff off."

Boy, when Charlotte fails to pan out, its going to be high comedy.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

KYLE LOWRY"S BACK!

4yr/$48mil is way too much money for Lowry. He's played 8 seasons in the NBA and just had a breakout year last season. Then again, everyone seems to be getting way more than they're worth.

He's making around the same amount as Ty Lawson. I find that just fine.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

KYLE LOWRY"S BACK!

4yr/$48mil is way too much money for Lowry. He's played 8 seasons in the NBA and just had a breakout year last season. Then again, everyone seems to be getting way more than they're worth.

Ty is a far better player than Lowry. He's had 3 consecutive years of 17-18 pts & 8-9 ast & he's only played 5 seasons.

Lowry was an 8/4 guy his first 5 years. He only stepped up big time this past season. Paying a 28 year old with one year of production after 8 years that much money is begging for trouble.

Edit-

I like Lowry. I think he's a solid PG. But he's making top 5 PG money now & he's probably not even a top 10 PG.

KYLE LOWRY"S BACK!

Except the best players in the league.

There WILL be a work stoppage (lockout or strike) in the summer of 2017. The players gave up $350MM/year under the current CBA and league revenues/BRI are really going up.

KYLE LOWRY"S BACK!

Ty is a far better player than Lowry. He's had 3 consecutive years of 17-18 pts & 8-9 ast & he's only played 5 seasons.

Lowry was an 8/4 guy his first 5 years. He only stepped up big time this past season. Paying a 28 year old with one year of production after 8 years that much money is begging for trouble.

Edit-

I like Lowry. I think he's a solid PG. But he's making top 5 PG money now & he's probably not even a top 10 PG.

Who exactly is better than him? Only guys I can see that are Lawson, Curry, Rose (when healthy), Lillard and perhaps Rando.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

KYLE LOWRY"S BACK!

Edit-

Who exactly is better than him? Only guys I can see that are Lawson, Curry, Rose (when healthy), Lillard and perhaps Rando.

Nice of you to forget All-NBA players like Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul

KYLE LOWRY"S BACK!

Edit-

Nice of you to forget All-NBA players like Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul

Okay.. Paul yes, Westbrook no. Westbrook is super overrated. He's the Ovechkin of the NBA IMO.

KYLE LOWRY"S BACK!

Edit-

I like Lowry. I think he's a solid PG. But Williams ing top 5 PG money now & he's probably not even a top 10 PG.

PG is by far the strongest position in the NBA. There are two guys who are elite and stand alone; Chris Paul & Tony Parker. Then you have Russell Westbrook & Steph Curry, although neither of them are really a PG, they're playing out of position. The only other guy you could include in the top tier is Derrick Rose, but he's been hurt for over two years. Regardless, those 5 guys are alone at the top.

After that group there are literally about a dozen PGs who are very good. All are borderline All-Star talents. Some are better at scoring, others at passing, some at defense, others do a little bit of everything, etc. None of them really stand out. They are all pretty equal overall. Swapping them around on teams would be a lateral move. You can't replace any of them with each other & really upgrade your PG position. A lot of it is just personal preference over which guy you like. There's no clear argument that one is better than the rest. That group includes Kyle Lowry. Yes, he's a good PG, but there's about a dozen other PGs in the league today who are just as good as he is. And most of them are much younger & have been more consistent.

Eric Bledsoe

Mike Conley Jr

Goran Dragic

Jrue Holiday

Kyrie Irving

Ty Lawson

Damian Lillard

Kyle Lowry

Rajon Rondo

Jeff Teague

Kemba Walker

John Wall

Deron Williams

All of those guys are just as good as Lowry. There's not much different in the majority of PGs in the league today. They overpaid, but it wasn't as bad as Cleveland giving Kyrie a max deal. That was the stupidest thing ever.

Archived