Rumors circulating that Utah is making a last second effort & trying to talk Charlotte into a S&T for Hayward before he signs the QO at 12:01AM. They reportedly want Kidd-Gilchrist & Biyombo.

I'm sure Cho will agree to send Utah a 20 year old SF who has the most potential on his roster & a 21 year old Center who is already the best rim protector in the NBA in exchange for Hayward.

Cho called your bluff Jazz, time to pay up or shut up.

you are the worst homer I've ever seen. You say Love, and Irving are far worse than an old wade and bosh, and then say Biyombo is the best rim protector in the league? he had 1 block per game, 4.8 rebounds, 3 points. the guy is a scrub. Then saying Kidd-Gilchrist has the most potential on the roster means he also sucks but maybe could get better.

Bismack Biyombo was #1 in the NBA in rim protection. He allowed a league low 38.4 opponent FG% at the rim. Roy Hibbert was 2nd at 41.7%.

Per 100 possessions:

Biyombo- 17.7 Rebounds, 4.2 Blocks

Ibaka- 12.8 Rebounds, 4.1 Blocks

Dwight- 18.0 Rebounds, 2.7 Blocks

Biyombo's total numbers are low because he played limited minutes last season. Partially because he's only 21 & had only played basketball for 5 years, and partially because he backs up one of the best post players in the league.

Advanced stats say he is the best rim protector in the game. But go ahead, call me a homer and argue against facts and statistics.

Weird... because advanced stats say Kyrie Irving is a top ten point guard. Or are those only relevant when they benefit your argument? There is, admittedly, concern with how he handled Cleveland being bad and he did regress last year as a result, but that likely wouldn't be much of a concern with Lebron around.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumors circulating that Utah is making a last second effort & trying to talk Charlotte into a S&T for Hayward before he signs the QO at 12:01AM. They reportedly want Kidd-Gilchrist & Biyombo.

I'm sure Cho will agree to send Utah a 20 year old SF who has the most potential on his roster & a 21 year old Center who is already the best rim protector in the NBA in exchange for Hayward.

you are the worst homer I've ever seen. You say Love, and Irving are far worse than an old wade and bosh, and then say Biyombo is the best rim protector in the league? he had 1 block per game, 4.8 rebounds, 3 points. the guy is a scrub. Then saying Kidd-Gilchrist has the most potential on the roster means he also sucks but maybe could get better.
Bismack Biyombo was #1 in the NBA in rim protection. He allowed a league low 38.4 opponent FG% at the rim. Roy Hibbert was 2nd at 41.7%.

Per 100 possessions:

Biyombo's total numbers are low because he played limited minutes last season. Partially because he's only 21 & had only played basketball for 5 years, and partially because he backs up one of the best post players in the league.

Advanced stats say he is the best rim protector in the game. But go ahead, call me a homer and argue against facts and statistics.

Weird... because advanced stats say Kyrie Irving is a top ten point guard. Or are those only relevant when they benefit your argument? There is, admittedly, concern with how he handled Cleveland being bad and he did regress last year as a result, but that likely wouldn't be much of a concern with Lebron around.

Per 100 Possessions:

Kyrie- 43% Fg 30 Pt 5 Reb 9 Ast 2 Stl 4 Tov

Kemba- 40% Fg 26 Pt 6 Reb 9 Ast 2 Stl 3 Tov

Kemba is also a much better defender, & doesn't miss 20 games a year due to injury.

If Kyrie is a top 10 PG, so is Kemba.

Per 100 possessions:

Per 100 Possessions:

Kemba is also a much better defender, & doesn't miss 20 games a year due to injury.

tumblr_mek7ehUBtg1ryz7wuo1_500.gif

(Bringing out my inner CS85)

Player efficiency rating

Irving - 20.14

Walker - 16.82

WS/48 (Win shares per 48 minutes)

Irving - .128

Walker - .093

eFG% (FG% adjusted to account for the fact that three's are harder to make but are worth one more point)

Irving - 48.0%

Walker - 44.1%

ORtg (Points Produced per 100 possessions)

Irving - 109

Walker - 105

IUe6Hvh.png

I like how taking Kevin Pritchard's leavings, dropping two games overall, and otherwise having the exact same outcome as the previous season (6th seed in Western Conference, unceremonious 6-game posteason exit) is now proof of basketball genius. Haven't the faintest idea why Portland was unimpressed with Cho.

Or are we basing that purported acumen on the last two Thunder drafts he was in on? Mind you, year one in OKC was kind of bad too, and year two only landed them the 8 seed and a first round exi....I'm beginning to sense a pattern here.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Per 100 possessions:

Per 100 Possessions:

Player efficiency rating

Irving - 20.14

Walker - 16.82

Irving - .128

Walker - .093

eFG% (FG% adjusted to account for the fact that three's are harder to make but are worth one more point)

Irving - 48.0%

Walker - 44.1%

Irving - 109

Walker - 105

Kyrie- another year, another losing record

Kemba- 43 wins, playoffs

Per 100 possessions:

Per 100 Possessions:

Player efficiency rating

Irving - 20.14

Walker - 16.82

Irving - .128

Walker - .093

Irving - 48.0%

Walker - 44.1%

Irving - 109

Walker - 105

Kemba- 43 wins, playoffs

Well technically, Kemba Walker had "Superstar post-player Al-Jefferson" and "Best rim protector in the league Bismack Biyombo".

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Per 100 possessions:

Per 100 Possessions:

Player efficiency rating

Irving - 20.14

Walker - 16.82

Irving - .128

Walker - .093

Irving - 48.0%

Walker - 44.1%

Irving - 109

Walker - 105

Kemba- 43 wins, playoffs

Team accomplishments aren't an accurate indication of individual abilities or successes. You yourself have claimed that Kemba Walker played with one of the best players in the entire league (and he had the "best rim protector in the NBA" spelling him), didn't you? Surely that would have something to do with Kemba's ability to make the playoffs.

edit: Scruggy beat me to it. :(

IUe6Hvh.png

Houston and Dallas are working on a sign and trade. No idea how that benefits anyone but Houston. Now Dallas might have to pay Parsons more, give up assets for him, and give Houston more time so they aren't put in a situation where they have to decide between keeping Parsons or letting him walk in the hopes of Chris Bosh.

Edit: ...nvm. Dallas has delivered the offer sheet to Houston. 72 hours to match.

PJU85JF.png

The Sixers and Rockets have agreed to a trade that would send Jeremy Lin and a #1 to the Sixers for... well nothing. The Sixers just want the pick and the expiring contract (which highlights what's messed up about the NBA... well, other than guys I've never heard of getting $20M/yr contracts.)

The deal is contingent on the Rockets signing a "max deal" FA, presumably Bosh.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Stories just said that they agreed to acquire Lin and required a #1 in exchange for taking on the contract. I assume they'll give something back, but nothing has mentioned what.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Soooo this means Bosh to the Rockets, right?

Amongst other dominoes that will fall. They have to finalize a trade of Jeremy Lin to open the cap space and Bosh will probably ink this afternoon. Also Woj tweets that the Rockets will match the offer sheet for Parsons.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Houston's going to be real good if everything plays out as expected. This will be the first NBA season I've looked forward to in a while just to see how everything plays out. Any updates on Melo?

IUe6Hvh.png

Houston's going to be real good if everything plays out as expected. This will be the first NBA season I've looked forward to in a while just to see how everything plays out. Any updates on Melo?

ESPN reports that Melo is deciding between Knicks and Bulls. Lakers are out.

Also from the LeBron thread:

Deal has been proposed to Minnesota and Wiggins isn't involved.

Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, and a package of picks for Love.

There is now another deal in place from Boston for Love.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Stephen A. Smith is reporting that Melo has ruled out the Lakers. He's deciding between the Knicks and Bulls.

Bulls would have to win the East with him, no?

I think the Cavaliers have to be the favorite to win the East if they get Kevin Love.

IUe6Hvh.png

Stephen A. Smith is reporting that Melo has ruled out the Lakers. He's deciding between the Knicks and Bulls.

Bulls would have to win the East with him, no?

Nah. The Bulls haven't proved anything. Even with Carmelo there's always health questions, fatigue issues, and some other bullcrap turmoil that is all self-inflicted. It would help their cause and make them a much better team, but until there is court evidence to counter the known product, I'd be skeptical.

Edit:

Lin to Lakers soon, it looks like

Edit 2:

Dallas looking to sign Deng or Ariza

Edit 3:

Stein on SC says Bulls may go after Melo and Wade. Why they'd want another knee-less pricetag on their roster is beyond me, but this is the Bulls we're talking about.

twitter

Archived