Also, on the sidebar of that Drew Magary piece about how stupid we are for liking LeBron James again is another piece of his about how stupid sportswriters are for liking Bruce Springsteen. Sorry that Bruce Springsteen made a lot of good albums, I guess.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now the Heat are in 5-8 seed purgatory.

Really looking forward to next year's first round match-up between the #1 Cleveland Cavs and #8 Miami Heat, led by Bosh, Carmelo and D-Waste. B)

6uXNWAo.png

This is awesome. We got Lin and future draft pick for nothing. Not figuratively nothing, but literally nothing.

And! We're not going to sign Melo! This is a fantastic day.

Curious what went on because it was reported here that the deal with the sixers was done

Same here. It doesn't make sense, honestly. The only thing I could think of is maybe they asked Lin for his opinion. That or Mitch has some crazy mind control powers over other GM's.

Don't start patting Mitch on the back too soon. He's now on the hook for $18 million over the next 2 years for Jordan freaking Hill and there's now rumors of a Pau-for-Bargnani trade.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't know how to feel about this Deadspin piece. It comes off with a Dark Admiral snidy air of "sports is utter bullcrap that can burn for all I care," but it feels forced. I know that sports is basically a garbage enterprise of corporate greed and veiled indentured servitude, but they could've at least waited a few days to let the glow of Seemingly Positive Sports Story fade before they pissed all over it.

Deadspin goin' Deadspin

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

This day is an absolute trip, I tell ya. Please universe keep it going!

Linsanity in LA, Bosh remains in Miami, Houston stands alone at the altar...I mean and it's JUST GONNA KEEP GETTING CRAZIER. What about Stephenson? Bledsoe? Monroe? Houston HAS to go full throttle for Gasol now right?

GR30a5H.png

Linsanity in LA, Bosh remains in Miami, Houston stands alone at the altar...I mean and it's JUST GONNA KEEP GETTING CRAZIER. What about Stephenson? Bledsoe? Monroe? Houston HAS to go full throttle for Gasol now right?

What if Houston goes after Bledsoe as their consolidation prize? I could see the Heat getting Monroe as their center, and Stephenson to the Hornets. Really really really want to see Kevin Love with the Dubs but I could see a deal struck in a matter of days sending him to Cleveland

We'll have to hold our britches on Miami offering a huge contract until we see just what kind of contract Wade settles with. Stephenson seems like the type of fella that would buy into Jordan's philosophy, not to mention being a "star feature" of the new identity. But keeping Bosh at least shows that Miami could, in fact, remain a "destination spot".

As an LA resident, I can't help but be delighted by at least a wacky down year for the Lakers rolling with a lineup of Linsanity, Swaggy P, and a cantankerous old geezer in Kobe.

GR30a5H.png

So amongst the insanity is Pau Gasol, who could be a consolation prize for the Rockets, seems to be deciding between the Bulls and the Spurs, having rejected a supposed $20M deal with the Lakers.

I'd be ecstatic if Pau ends up on the Spurs; and even if we don't we'll have the cap room to go after his brother next summer.

GR30a5H.png

The Bosh signing is so disappointing. As much as I don't care for the Rockets, I would at least have been intrigued by Bosh, Howard, and Harden. That's not a world-beater line-up on par with the 99-02 Lakers or recent Heat and Spurs teams, but it would at least have been imposing.

The Rockets are one of those teams that's relevant mostly every year, tend to pick up some pretty big-deal free agents, and then flame out in the second round. I guess if you're the crappiest-looking Texas team, you deserve the crappiest luck.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What if Houston goes after Bledsoe as their consolidation prize? I could see the Heat getting Monroe as their center, and Stephenson to the Hornets. Really really really want to see Kevin Love with the Dubs but I could see a deal struck in a matter of days sending him to Cleveland

I don't think Bledsoe is on his way to Houston. Now that Bosh is out of the picture, they have to decide on if they want to match Dallas' offer sheet for Parsons. If they don't they'll room for Bledsoe, but I'm sure Phoenix will match any offer Houston gives him

Bosh just made the biggest mistake of his career.

I would agree, but Bosh isn't a "legacy" kind of player. No one is ever going to talk about his place in basketball history without a lot of qualifiers. It's a money grab, and he earned that.

PJU85JF.png

This is awesome. We got Lin and future draft pick for nothing. Not figuratively nothing, but literally nothing.

And! We're not going to sign Melo! This is a fantastic day.

Curious what went on because it was reported here that the deal with the sixers was done
Same here. It doesn't make sense, honestly. The only thing I could think of is maybe they asked Lin for his opinion. That or Mitch has some crazy mind control powers over other GM's.

Don't start patting Mitch on the back too soon. He's now on the hook for $18 million over the next 2 years for Jordan freaking Hill and there's now rumors of a Pau-for-Bargnani trade.

Sounds like they are bringing back Swaggy-P. Young, Bargnani & Linsanity: I'm sure Kobe is ecstatic
Remember when Kobe was asked about Lin and he pretty much said he knew nothing about him? Awkward.

I would agree, but Bosh isn't a "legacy" kind of player. No one is ever going to talk about his place in basketball history without a lot of qualifiers. It's a money grab, and he earned that.

agreed. he sacrificed money to win two championships and most people just remember him for cyring after the 2011 finals, inspiring lots of hilarious memes (in a "laughing at him, not with him" sorta way), and being the guy who didn't do post-game press conferences with lbj and wade. i have no problem with him deciding to get one last monster payday before his prime is over.

agreed. he sacrificed money to win two championships and most people just remember him for cyring after the 2011 finals, inspiring lots of hilarious memes (in a "laughing at him, not with him" sorta way), and being the guy who didn't do post-game press conferences with lbj and wade. i have no problem with him deciding to get one last monster payday before his prime is over.
Yeah, all this talk about sacrifice and whatnot, nobody sacrificed more than Bosh in that big 3. He completely changed his game, took a pay cut, and essential ended up outside of the big 3 at the end. Which is weird considering how they looked when he was off his game. Pay that man.

Now the Heat are in 5-8 seed purgatory.

Really looking forward to next year's first round match-up between the #1 Cleveland Cavs and #8 Miami Heat, led by Bosh, Carmelo and D-Waste. B)

They won't be an 8-seed if they get Melo.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

So amongst the insanity is Pau Gasol, who could be a consolation prize for the Rockets, seems to be deciding between the Bulls and the Spurs, having rejected a supposed $20M deal with the Lakers.

I'd be ecstatic if Pau ends up on the Spurs; and even if we don't we'll have the cap room to go after his brother next summer.

Gasol was offered 2 for $23M and 3 for $29M by LAL and rejected both offers.

The Bosh signing is so disappointing. As much as I don't care for the Rockets, I would at least have been intrigued by Bosh, Howard, and Harden. That's not a world-beater line-up on par with the 99-02 Lakers or recent Heat and Spurs teams, but it would at least have been imposing.

The Rockets are one of those teams that's relevant mostly every year, tend to pick up some pretty big-deal free agents, and then flame out in the second round. I guess if you're the crappiest-looking Texas team, you deserve the crappiest luck.

I think that in the last ten days we have found out that "Dork Elvis", Rockets GM Daryl Morey is really an a-hole and his math background is showing as his people skills aren't that great.

Secondly, what is OKC waiting for? Sam Presti isn't really showing much of an effort to do anything. Not only did is Kendrick Perkins still on the roster, Scott Brooks is still the HC.

Gasol was offered 2 for $23M and 3 for $29M by LAL and rejected both offers.

I think that in the last ten days we have found out that "Dork Elvis", Rockets GM Daryl Morey is really an a-hole and his math background is showing as his people skills aren't that great.

Secondly, what is OKC waiting for? Sam Presti isn't really showing much of an effort to do anything. Not only did is Kendrick Perkins still on the roster, Scott Brooks is still the HC.

The twiddling thumb approach by OKC this summer (or last summer for that matter) is starting to seem really...perplexing. Everyone in the West is getting stronger and they're just sitting on their butts (Gasol's a crazy longshot but what ELSE are they doing?).

GR30a5H.png

Archived