• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jazz matched Hayward's offer. He'll stay in Utah.

Jordan just :censored:ed the Jazz, yet again.

Now Charlotte will go sign Stephenson, a better player, for much less than the 4/63 Hayward received.

After they get Stephenson, how many titles do you think this Hornets "dynasty" will yield?
If Charlotte lands Stephenson they'll be fighting for the #1 seed next season.

Kemba/Hinrich

Stephenson/Hairston/Neal

MKG/Taylor

Marvin/Vonleh/Zeller

Big Al/Biyombo

Steve Clifford

Patrick Ewing

Just how weak do you think the Eastern Conference is?

Indy would take a step back without Lance. Chicago has a porcelain doll playing PG, Miami lost LeBron, Cleveland is too young.

Charlotte swept Toronto last season & owned Washington.

They'd be just as good as anybody. The East is wide open.

That's a bit of a stretch...

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

He missed one game. The last one.

& he barely played in the other games, & did so with a torn ligament in his foot.

He only played 1Q healthy...& he had 14 pts 8 reb...

He would've averaged 30/15 against Miami, they had nobody who could guard him.

Parsons gonna be a Mav next year. Houston won't match

Welcome to Charlotte, Mr. Stephenson.

DJ Augustin (2yr/$6mil) and Caron Buter (2yr/$9mil) to the Pistons.

Augustin is a steal for $3 million a year!!!

EDIT: Butler's deal has been released

$4.5 million a year not so much a good deal...

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

DJ Augustin (2yr/$6mil) and Caron Buter (1yr deal) to the Pistons.

Augustin is a steal for $3 million a year!!!

Anything over the vet minimum and Augustin is stealing from the team who signed him.

SVG loves Earl Clark too, so I guess he is next.

I don't think the East is WIDE open. I think it's MORE open than its been in the last 4 years. Toronto will still have a top 4 team in the East, Indiana will still be contending for top spot, New York has upgrade their roster with 1 or 2 trades, Chicago without Rose still has Gasol, Gibson, Noah, Butler and possibly McDermott, the Cavs should be battling for a top 4 spot in the East, and Miami SHOULD still be competitive.

Miami is the wild card. This whole situation is eerily similar to the Cavs. They put so much on the LeBron, after he left, they were in a tail spin. Wade is a shell of himself, but still shows flashes of Hall of Fame potential. Bosh, BEFORE leaving for Miami was a 24-10 guy... but he has changed his game significantly since playing with LeBron. Deng should help, but he had a sub-par year last year as well.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

As of today I'd rank the playoff teams in the East like so:

1) Indiana: Even without Lance, still the best overall team in my opinion.

2) Chicago: Gasol addition will help, I'd take them over the Cavs in a 7 game series right now

3) Cleveland: Still a little too raw beyond LBJ. I'm not fully on the Kyrie bandwagon just yet. Adding Love would make them #1.

4) Toronto: Building a good core. Lowry is the truth

5) Washington: Beal and Wall another year older and polished. Hopefully Pierce can mentor Otto, who has begun to show flashes of life in the Summer League

6) Charlotte: Adding Lance would probably push them over the Wizards.

7) Miami: Hardest team to judge. Keeping Bosh was big, they've still got some pieces, and I've always been a big Napier fan. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they still won the SE division.

8) Atlanta: Hard to pick between ATL and Brooklyn for the last spot, but the Nets are another year older and weaker. I like the big man situation for the Hawks.

90758391980.gif

As of today I'd rank the playoff teams in the East like so:

1) Indiana: Even without Lance, still the best overall team in my opinion.

2) Chicago: Gasol addition will help, I'd take them over the Cavs in a 7 game series right now

3) Cleveland: Still a little too raw beyond LBJ. I'm not fully on the Kyrie bandwagon just yet. Adding Love would make them #1.

4) Toronto: Building a good core. Lowry is the truth

5) Washington: Beal and Wall another year older and polished. Hopefully Pierce can mentor Otto, who has begun to show flashes of life in the Summer League

6) Charlotte: Adding Lance would probably push them over the Wizards.

7) Miami: Hardest team to judge. Keeping Bosh was big, they've still got some pieces, and I've always been a big Napier fan. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they still won the SE division.

8) Atlanta: Hard to pick between ATL and Brooklyn for the last spot, but the Nets are another year older and weaker. I like the big man situation for the Hawks.

I actually just came in here to see what you guys thought of the rankings after the flurry of moves.

Right now, the Southeast is wide open. Charlotte showed last year that they're on the rise; Atlanta's still got the same team as last year- Horford and Millsap is a very underrated front court; Miami- assuming Wade comes back- added Granger and Deng to help fill the massive LeBron void. They'll be NOWHERE near as good, but they'll still contend for the division crown; Washington, to me, looks the strongest of the bunch. A starting 5 that includes Wall, Beal and Gortat can keep up with nearly any team in the East. Added Pierce for some depth and veteran leadership. I was quick to write them off last summer and I won't make that mistake again.

The Central is also very intriguing. Indiana is still extremely deep and talented. Cleveland right now looks like a 2 man team, but I'm sure they'll add some high-caliber pieces before October. Chicago added Gasol and hopefully will have a healthy Derrick Rose to go along with a team that was good for 4th in the east last year while banged up. Detroit seems to be making the right moves adding shooting and depth and Andre Drummond will be continuously getting better (For the record, I've said this the past 3 years only to be very disappointed). SVG as coach will also make a huge difference.

The Atlantic looks like it still belongs to the Raptors, unless Phil Jackson makes some crazy moves in the coming months. Brooklyn I think will still compete for the playoffs but will be out at the end of the day.

Out west, not much has changed. I think this may have been the year that the T-Wolves actually get themselves into the playoffs, but there's no way Kevin Love is there past the deadline, if even the start of the season.

Golden State, Memphis and New Orleans will be better, while I think San Antonio, OKC, Dallas, Portland and the Clippers will be about the same as they were last year. I don't see Phoenix having a repeat of last year, and I believe Houston has taken a small step back.

With that said, I see it like this as of now:

1. Indiana

2. Chicago

3. Cleveland

4. Washington

5. Toronto

6. Miami

7. Charlotte

8. Detroit

9. Atlanta

10. Brooklyn

11. New York

In no particular order:

Milwaukee

Boston

Philadelphia

Orlando

WEST

1. Golden State

2. Oklahoma City

3. San Antonio

4. LA Clippers

5. Memphis

6. Houston

7. Portland

8. Dallas

9. New Orleans

10. Minnesota

11. Phoenix

12. Denver

13. Sacramento

14. Utah

15. LA Lakers

sig.png

Trade idea...

Warriors- K Love, G Henderson

Wolves- K Thompson, D Lee, M Sleights, 1st via GS, 1st via CHA, 2nd via CHA

Hornets- K Martin

Minnesota & Golden State both move/add equal salaries. Charlotte adds only $800k in salary.

Minnesota gets the ransom they want; Klay Thompson & a pile of picks.

Golden State gets what they want; Kevin Love. They didn't want to give up Thompson but they get back Henderson. While not a scorer, Henderson is a great defender & can fill the void at SG. They only have to give up one 1st rd pick.

Charlotte gets what they want. They move Henderson & add a shooter. They swap Henderson for Martin, a proven scorer who has deep range & can average 20ppg efficiently. They only have to give up one 1st (likely around #20) & 2nd rd pick to make the upgrade.

Everybody wins.

Trade idea...

Warriors- K Love, G Henderson

Wolves- K Thompson, D Lee, M Sleights, 1st via GS, 1st via CHA, 2nd via CHA

Hornets- K Martin

Minnesota & Golden State both move/add equal salaries. Charlotte adds only $800k in salary.

Minnesota gets the ransom they want; Klay Thompson & a pile of picks.

Golden State gets what they want; Kevin Love. They didn't want to give up Thompson but they get back Henderson. While not a scorer, Henderson is a great defender & can fill the void at SG. They only have to give up one 1st rd pick.

Charlotte gets what they want. They move Henderson & add a shooter. They swap Henderson for Martin, a proven scorer who has deep range & can average 20ppg efficiently. They only have to give up one 1st (likely around #20) & 2nd rd pick to make the upgrade.

Everybody wins.

Nobody wants Kevin Martin, therefore everyone cannot win. Plus, tap the breaks on calling Gerald Henderson "great" at anything.

If the Warriors will give up Thompson, they don't need a third team to facilitate the trade. Though I admire your ability to inject the Hornets into any discussion.

With that said, I see it like this as of now:

1. Indiana

2. Chicago

3. Cleveland

4. Washington

5. Toronto

6. Miami

7. Charlotte

8. Detroit

9. Atlanta

10. Brooklyn

11. New York