LAL claimed Boozer.

Are the Lakers trying to give away their lottery pick to Phoenix or something?

It seems like they're trying to tank, but we don't know how. I seriously can't understand what value Boozer brings to the Lakers.

I guess Boozer is insurance for when we trade Ed Davis or Jordan Hill? Other than that, I don't understand the move.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Stephenson is so good, why is he only making $9 million a year and signing a de facto 2 year deal?

The thing to consider, either himself or his agent, is that he'll qualify for a max contract at age 25 right when the new TV contracts come in. If he can be the "face of the franchise" in that time, he'll get more money in the future than being locked into three years of a potentially undervalued amount at Indiana.

That's exactly why he chose Charlotte over Indiana, he wanted a short deal. However, the third year is a team option, not a player option. Also, his birthday is the first week of September. So he'll be 27 when he hits free agency again, not 25.

If he stays out of trouble and plays to his potential, Charlotte will give him a max deal in 2017. Right in the prime of his career.

If he plays to his potential what's stopping somebody in a more attractive market from offering him a max deal?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If Stephenson is so good, why is he only making $9 million a year and signing a de facto 2 year deal?

The thing to consider, either himself or his agent, is that he'll qualify for a max contract at age 25 right when the new TV contracts come in. If he can be the "face of the franchise" in that time, he'll get more money in the future than being locked into three years of a potentially undervalued amount at Indiana.

That's exactly why he chose Charlotte over Indiana, he wanted a short deal. However, the third year is a team option, not a player option. Also, his birthday is the first week of September. So he'll be 27 when he hits free agency again, not 25.

If he stays out of trouble and plays to his potential, Charlotte will give him a max deal in 2017. Right in the prime of his career.

Boozer turns 33 in November, but in terms of carbon dating, if you split him open...he is 47.

LAL claimed Boozer.

It seems like they're trying to tank, but we don't know how. I seriously can't understand what value Boozer brings to the Lakers.

I guess Boozer is insurance for when we trade Ed Davis or Jordan Hill? Other than that, I don't understand the move.

Well, they had the "highest" bid at a rather cheap $3.2M. I think Boozer gets way too much hate his way but it looks like his reputation is preceding his worth. I mean, a lineup of Boozer, Lin, a recovering Kobe, and Julius Randle (seriously, why is no one hyping this kid up?) isn't the worst thing. But yeah, no coach...

GR30a5H.png

If he plays to his potential what's stopping somebody in a more attractive market from offering him a max deal?

I think the more important question is... Why the hell would any team offer Stephenson a max deal? Does he seem like one of the leagues top players to any of you guys?

I mean, I know I didn't watch a lot of basketball this season, but hot damn, I don't think he's worth that much.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

LAL claimed Boozer.

Well, they had the "highest" bid at a rather cheap $3.2M. I think Boozer gets way too much hate his way but it looks like his reputation is preceding his worth. I mean, a lineup of Boozer, Lin, a recovering Kobe, and Julius Randle (seriously, why is no one hyping this kid up?) isn't the worst thing. But yeah, no coach...

If they played in the East they could battle for home court in the first round if Kobe stays healthy (totally serious)

The Lakers are going to be one of the 3 worst teams in the NBA this season. That franchise is circling the toilet with Jim's children running the show.

Ummm....Ateles, I wouldn't call attention to the player Jordan pissed away a number 1 overall pick on.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm sorry but the Lakers (even with Kobe) will be the worst team in the West. They stink.

It all hinges back on the disastrous moves made by the Buss kids. The current Lakers regime handed Kobe more money as a lifetime achievement award, took risks on over-the-hill and very volatile players, and made playing in Los Angeles toxic and unviable.

They'll definitely be the worst team in the West, though I'll not be surprised if they end up with the worst record overall. I don't even know if they'll get 20 wins this season.

"great player" - maybe, I don't know.

"lousy dresser" - definitely. That I do know.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Metta World Peace had a few good seasons as the NBA's resident weirdo, so maybe that gimmick will work for Lance. I'm rooting for him.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

"great player" - maybe, I don't know.

"lousy dresser" - definitely. That I do know.

He wants to get in good with his boss

DDI98.jpg

"Well, Robert Chief, I'm wearing a couch."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

LAL claimed Boozer.

We'll be terrific offensively, but that's it. We won't even have D'Antoni around to make our players look better.

LAL claimed Boozer.

If they played in the East they could battle for home court in the first round if Kobe stays healthy (totally serious)

The Lakers are going to be one of the 3 worst teams in the NBA this season. That franchise is circling the toilet with Jim's children running the show.

People need to stop running with that narrative. Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak were making decisions in the front office when we won two championships. The only thing that has changed is that the Buss children now have the additional titles of being owners. While it's unfortunate that certain members of the media have chosen Jim Buss as the scapegoat for the franchise's current troubles, it's even more unfortunate whenever people actually buy into those opinions.

There is no need for all of this hate, for the Lakers are simply rebuilding. It happened in the mid-1990s, and again in the mid-2000's.

Lance Stephenson is better than Paul George, per Larry Bird.

"It's just disappointing,'' Bird said. "He was by far our best player. And he worked. If you work as hard as he does, you're going to get better. I'm going to miss the kid, no question. And he's growing up. That stuff he pulled in the playoffs, that was out of the blue. But I knew how good Lance was and the value he brought to our team.''

Lance Stephenson is better than Paul George, per Larry Bird.

"It's just disappointing,'' Bird said. "He was by far our best player. And he worked. If you work as hard as he does, you're going to get better. I'm going to miss the kid, no question. And he's growing up. That stuff he pulled in the playoffs, that was out of the blue. But I knew how good Lance was and the value he brought to our team.''

That wasn't Bird's full quote.

"It's just disappointing,'' Bird said. "When I'd go to practices, when he was on, he was by far our best player. And he worked. If you work as hard as he does, you're going to get better. I'm going to miss the kid, no question. And he's growing up. That stuff he pulled in the playoffs, that was out of the blue. But I knew how good Lance was and the value he brought to our team.''

Archived