• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, Charlotte has put up with so much crappy basketball over the last ten years, if someone wants to get overly excited about them finally turning the corner, hey, cool, great, I'm not going to follow you around and fight you about it.

This. Combine the name change, making a "splash" in free agency (at least on the receiving end) for the first time in as long as I can remember, Ateles has some merit.

You know, Charlotte has put up with so much crappy basketball over the last ten years, if someone wants to get overly excited about them finally turning the corner, hey, cool, great, I'm not going to follow you around and fight you about it.

This. Combine the name change, making a "splash" in free agency (at least on the receiving end) for the first time in as long as I can remember, Ateles has some merit.

What could go wrong?

marlins-miami-new-logo_display_image.jpg

It's hard to fault someone for getting excited after a decade of having no reason to, but seeing someone ride so hard for the Bobcats Hornets is still funny.

PJU85JF.png

I mean, obviously Charlotte isn't going to win the championship or anything, but they'll finish in the middle of the East, which is preferable to having the worst season in the history of the league. And Cho is no genius, but most GMs aren't.

I hope the Hornets' in-game staff goes hard on playing '90s R&B/dance music. I want to hear "Get Ready For This" by 2 Unlimited in a nostalgic sense, not a Detroit Red Wings we-legitimately-haven't-progressed-beyond-this sense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What could go wrong?

It's hard to fault someone for getting excited after a decade of having no reason to, but seeing someone ride so hard for the Bobcats Hornets is still funny.

It's almost impressive. It's a fresh perspective from the "Let's just try and win 30 games?" thing.

What could go wrong?

You forgot an outlier. Jeff Loria.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

If Stephenson is so good, why is he only making $9 million a year and signing a de facto 2 year deal?

The thing to consider, either himself or his agent, is that he'll qualify for a max contract at age 25 right when the new TV contracts come in. If he can be the "face of the franchise" in that time, he'll get more money in the future than being locked into three years of a potentially undervalued amount at Indiana.

GR30a5H.png

What could go wrong?

You forgot an outlier. Jeff Loria.

You know, until y'alls started pushing the "Jordan actually knows what he's doing" counter-narrative, MJ was pretty well acknowledged to be in the Jeff Loria tier of crappy owners.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Google.com/Search

katblankstare.gif

Come on, man. I'm trying to give you a chance here... But you're really making it hard.

That being said, Stephenson would be good, but Boozer is a stretch.

Adding Boozer could make them a legit contender in the East.
Boozer would single handedly take the Hornets from a solid playoff team to a lottery team. He's an average to sub-average scorer at his best and makes Hardin look like a world class defender. The Hornets would be better off without him, I promise you that.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Per Charlotte beat writer Rick Bonnell....

Hornets want Boozer & Stephenson. Expected to make serious bid for amnestied Boozer & make huge offer to free agent Stephenson in the coming days.

1st team:

Kemba Walker

Lance Stephenson

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Carlos Boozer

Al Jefferson

2nd team:

Brian Roberts

PJ Hairston

Marvin Williams

Tyler Zeller

Bismack Biyombo

3rd team:

???

Gary Neal

Jeffery Taylor

Noah Vonleh

???

Steeve W Clifford is a great coach & should be able to snag a top 4 seed with that roster.

LAL claimed Boozer.

Start your dream over.

If Stephenson is so good, why is he only making $9 million a year and signing a de facto 2 year deal?

The thing to consider, either himself or his agent, is that he'll qualify for a max contract at age 25 right when the new TV contracts come in. If he can be the "face of the franchise" in that time, he'll get more money in the future than being locked into three years of a potentially undervalued amount at Indiana.

That's exactly why he chose Charlotte over Indiana, he wanted a short deal. However, the third year is a team option, not a player option. Also, his birthday is the first week of September. So he'll be 27 when he hits free agency again, not 25.

If he stays out of trouble and plays to his potential, Charlotte will give him a max deal in 2017. Right in the prime of his career.

LAL claimed Boozer.

Are the Lakers trying to give away their lottery pick to Phoenix or something?

It seems like they're trying to tank, but we don't know how. I seriously can't understand what value Boozer brings to the Lakers.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived