Can we get some different fanwank going in this thread? The Hornets Mistaken just don't get it done for me at night.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carmelo's always going to be the bridesmaid. He might as well do it for the NBA's best franchise while Duncan and James continue to win titles.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So... anyone gonna make early potential Opening Night TNT Doubleheader/Christmas guesses?

I'm gonna make a few- Spurs Banner night will be against Houston, the Lakers will actually get a lesser Christmas Day game and have to go on the road, Heat/Clippers will be the ABC main event.

Yeah, that's not happening. The Lakers, even while they're bad, are still a big draw on Christmas. They'll be playing another high-profile team and they will be at home.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

By the way, a healthy Bryant, Melo, Gasol and Julius Randle are the makings of an intriguing team. Probably not good enough to win the west, but at least interesting enough to see what they could do.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Judging by the late night twitter patter, Carmelo has signed with the Lakers. No official word.

If that happens, it makes Pau to Chicago and LeBron to the Lakers a very real possibility. Yech.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Judging by the late night twitter patter, Carmelo has signed with the Lakers. No official word.

If that happens, it makes Pau to Chicago and LeBron to the Lakers a very real possibility. Yech.

Sadly, we would reportedly keep Pau if Carmelo comes to Los Angeles. I don't know how, I don't know why, but that is what is being reported. From a defensive-standpoint, I'm not too enthralled by the thought of a Marshall/Kobe/Carmelo/Randle/Pau lineup. On top of that, all of this new LeBron and Carmelo news seems like a smokescreen. Ah, whatever, I trust Mitch and Jimmy.

I like that the Bulls are amnestying last round's consolation prize just in time to get this year's consolation prize. "Don't worry, guys, we got Carlos Boozer Lance Stephenson."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like that the Bulls are amnestying last round's consolation prize just in time to get this year's consolation prize. "Don't worry, guys, we got Carlos Boozer Lance Stephenson."

I don't get the fascination with gutting your roster and throwing a load of money at LeBron, Melo, etc.

San Antonio just best the living :censored: out of Miami. You don't need a superstar to win a championship.

You don't need a superstar to win a championship.

Tim Duncan is a superstar. Parker also has a case as one. Even the '04 Pistons, who were the last team to be held up as "proof" that superstars aren't necessary to win titles, had Ben Wallace (a defensive superstar in his prime).

Winning rings in the NBA still pretty much always requires superstars, talent and sacrifice.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't get the fascination with gutting your roster and throwing a load of money at LeBron, Melo, etc.

San Antonio just best the living :censored: out of Miami. You don't need a superstar to win a championship.

Well, I wouldn't say that SA doesn't have any superstars. Duncan isn't fast and high-flying, but he's a Hall of Fame player, no doubt. Parker is definitely playing at an elite level as well.

Tim Duncan is a superstar. Parker also has a case as one. Even the '04 Pistons, who were the last team to be held up as "proof" that superstars aren't necessary to win titles, had Ben Wallace (a defensive superstar in his prime).

Winning rings in the NBA still pretty much always requires superstars, talent and sacrifice.

Tim Duncan is almost 40 & a shell of himself. He's not a top 5 player anymore. By superstar I mean LeBron, Durant, Paul, etc.

In this year's playoff run, Duncan led his team in minutes per game, offensive, defensive, and total rebounds, blocks, free throws attempted, win shares and PER. He was also second in FGA, PPG, and FG%. Not bad for being "a shell of himself."

Until Duncan either retires or falls off for good (whichever happens first), he's still a superstar.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

While teams don't need a superstar to win a title, they almost always have one. You could call the Spurs an exception, but Duncan still shows flashes and Parker can get to that level.

It's not as if the Miami Heat's experiment with the Big 3 never worked out. It even won over San Antonio's model once.

PJU85JF.png

Tim Duncan is almost 40 & a shell of himself. He's not a top 5 player anymore. By superstar I mean LeBron, Durant, Paul, etc.

Duncan may not have the endurance he once did, but he husbands himself for the playoffs, which is enough to get victory.

EDIT-If Al Jefferson is a superstar, Duncan sure as hell is.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

While teams don't need a superstar to win a title, they almost always have one. You could call the Spurs an exception, but Duncan still shows flashes and Parker can get to that level.

It's not as if the Miami Heat's experiment with the Big 3 never worked out. It even won over San Antonio's model once.

Four conference championships and two league championships in four years is a tremendous success. There's no question that signing the big three was the absolute right move, and anyone who thinks difference deserve a punch in the belly.

Chauncey Billups was the best player on that team, career-wise, I think it's now safe to say. (Sheed should have been, and may have been the best player that year, but Sheed just kinda did what he wanted to do, which wasn't always congruent with being the best he could be.) And weren't many of those Pistons single-digit overall draft picks? Billups was 3rd, Sheed was 4th or 5th, Rip was something like 7th or 8th, then they added Antonio McDyess for 2005 who was at least top five.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ah, the Bulls.

Derrick Rose + Insane Rookie Season = Cap-Crippling Monolith

Rose - Knee2 = - (1/3rd of Salary Cap)

Bulls + Carlos Boozer = boozerhair-628x353.jpg

Bulls - Boozer + Large White Rookie + X = Likely First Round Playoff Exit in East, X = (C-tier free agent acquisition)

---

Also acquiring Stephenson is just asking for hilarious headlines. Please do this, Bulls. I want entertainment in 2014/15.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived