What a beautiful looping goal that was by Giroud...clinical and well taken.

"Three Nil To The Arsenal!"

Cracker from Giroud makes it 3-0!

After going nine years without a trophy, Arsenal are now poised to take one home in two consecutive games.

You mean two trophies in two games? ;)

Yup. Well, two domestic games, anyway.

Meanwhile in Scotland, Hibernia's new keeper just made a good first impression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGQfb-Ci-U4

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...welcome to Scottish League Championship. What a complete breakdown by the Livingston back four and keeper. Still a very good kick by Oxley. I see the Scottish Championship being competitive with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs fighting for that automatic promotion.

After going nine years without a trophy, Arsenal are now poised to take one home in two consecutive games.

I can only imagine that this young on loan 'keeper learnt such audacious skills at his parent club... ;)

I can only imagine that this young on loan 'keeper learnt such audacious skills at his parent club... ;)

There's always hope he did Jaffa :P

FA Community Shield #13 for the Gunners, and done in pretty convincing fashion!

2hdo212.jpg

Plus Arsenal don't have the full strength squad yet with Merteacker, Ozil and Podolski still on vacation from World Cup duties as well as Walcott back in First Team training. This side is looking good so far. We will see how the side fairs in their first PL match v Palace on Saturday (hopefully it will be the same clinical finishes and result).

If news isn't getting any better for Celtic:

- Forster seals 10 million GBP move to Southampton.

- Legia requests a "meeting" with the Glasgow club through an open letter to decide what side should progress to UCL Play-off round. Nice try Legia but I think both UEFA and CAS will be against you due to the precedent already set out. Yes Legia was the dominant side in both legs but the competition rules are on Celtic's side.

Hearts beat Rangers 2-1 with a second half stoppage time goal by Sow. Huge 3 points for Hearts as the Scottish Championship will come down to an all out war between Hearts, Rangers and Hibs. Hibs and Hearts both won this weekend. I think the Scottish Championship will be more exciting to follow than the Scottish Premier League.

With Long going, what does Hull have for a CF and regular goal scorer? That's odd for Hull to let Long go just after they picked him up in January of this year...

If anyone who watched the UEFA Super Cup between Real Madrid and Sevilla, all I can say is there was a pretty sweet brace scored by Ronaldo today...and Bale stepped into his own again.

Plus what a starting XI for Real (worth 523 million pounds): Casillas(GK), Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao, Kroos, J.Rodrriguez, Modric, Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo. And the following players were left on the bench: Navas, Varan, Arbeloa, Di Maria. I have to say Real definitely has a strong squad, one of the deepest in European football. I can say they are one of the favorites to repeat as UCL winners...

x0xm55.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y3bihxHTaU

I just heard today on Sportsnet that the Ronaldo-James-Bale trio is the "new Big 3"

Will that combo end like the current Big 3 right now?

Meh, I actually think that Benzema will have more an effect on the team than James in his first season at least. However James-Khedira-Kroos is a midfield I would not like to face.

IMO, Barca has the most fierce Big 3, with Messi and Suarez both proven goal scorers, and Neymar one of the best young players in the game. But I'll just go hide from the flame war now...

Yeah, Real will probably take the lead by a few wins by winter, and should hold on for the season, with Barca chasing their tales the whole way. Madrid will be stuck in eternal third for the foreseeable future waiting for Correa to break out, but they've still managed to rebuild a great squad over the summer and will be good in Europe. It's not hard to imagine 4 Spanish teams playing in the European Semi-finals in the Champions and Europa league this year.

£12M does seem like a peculiar offer for Long, but with that money I don't see Hull having too much trouble replacing him, especially since he's only been at the club for 7 months.

With Long going, what does Hull have for a CF and regular goal scorer? That's odd for Hull to let Long go just after they picked him up in January of this year...

We have Nikica Jelavic of course, and we have Sone Aluko and Yannick Sagbo in the squad as well. George Boyd can be deployed as a striker at a pinch, and Tom Ince was tried out in a more central role alongside Jelavic against Stuttgart and did well.

Thing is though, Jelavic aside we're not talking about proven Premier League strikers - hopefully something's in the pipeline to bring another in.

£12M does seem like a peculiar offer for Long, but with that money I don't see Hull having too much trouble replacing him, especially since he's only been at the club for 7 months.

It looks like we're making something like £6-7m profit on him as well. The problem is of course that prices are at a dafter than usual level at the moment, so it remains to be seen if we can find a quality replacement without paying silly money...

Thing is though, Jelavic aside we're not talking about proven Premier League strikers - hopefully something's in the pipeline to bring another in.

And proven strikers is what the smaller clubs need to survive in Premier League nowadays, look at the clubs that get relegated every year. When you start bleeding goals defensively and can't make up that GD, the nyou will be experiencing life in the Championship next year. I am surprised Hull didn't go for Snodgrass when he became available when Norwich got relegated.

Everton officially signs Christian Atsu on a year-long loan from Chelsea. He did well in the Dutch League last year and the Worlc Cup, I think he'll slot in really nicely as our 1A winger.

In a summer of great transfers for the Toffees though, he seemed to be the one slipping through the cracks time and time again, great to have him at the team. Speaking of which, whatever happened to David Henen?

The Atsu loan is a good pickup again by Everton. I don't know what it is about Chelsea not wanting to use quality strikers and Everton snagging them up. I think Atsu will work nicely with Martinez's tactical setup of the squad.

As for Snodgrass, last I heard about him possibility of going to Hull was an interview he had on BBC 5 Live saying he might go. When did he sign?

And yes that Hull crest is...special.

Archived