• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just got louder at the Emirates with the Koscielny equalizer. He made up for the poor marking on Hangeland goal. It was a nice header from the free kick, making an ease getting around Hangeland for the clear header on the net. Sanchez has gotten quiet in the latter half of the first half. Of course we got really lucky with the atrocious clearance by Szczesny and Koscielny coming to his rescue. I'm so hoping Giroud comes on off the bench early in the second half, Sanogo is not working upfront on his own.

Here's another Gooner favorite, most sung chant at the Emirates

And it's Arsenal,

Arsenal FC,

We're by far the greatest team,

The world has ever seen....

That's certainly not unique though, all teams sing it. We do.

Most change the name of the team, mind. :P

Here's another Gooner favorite, most sung chant at the Emirates

And it's Arsenal,

Arsenal FC,

We're by far the greatest team,

The world has ever seen....

That's certainly not unique though, all teams sing it. We do.

Most change the name of the team, mind. :P

Oh I know Jaffa it's not a unique chant, I have heard it being sung during a Toffees home match .Arsenal does have unique ones but that one above is the one that most Gooners sing. I guess everyone knows a good chant when they hear it ;)

We got really lucky with that win today. Ramsey has come up big again for us. 13/14 club POTY scored in three straight competitive matches. Yes we had 75% possession throughout the match but only 5 shots on goal. Ramsey, Arteta, Cazorla, and Wilshere's passing was off today, easily giving up the ball on the first touch. Sanchez had some nice plays in the second half but his crosses were hit or miss at times. But I think as his match fitness increases, he will start lighting up the back of the net. But in the end it's 3 points for us. COYG!

My WFL team is most pleased with Ramsey's goal. ;)

:cursing:

Anyway, I was really surprised with Martinez's strategy today with Everton. After a pretty good first half considering the team as knackered as it is, the team just laid back and let Leicester creep up on them. McCarthy and Jagielka were among the players dropping like flies, yet still Bobby refused to make a single change until the 81st minute. Besic and Atsu where denied their debuts, and I'm not saying that either of them would have won the game for the Toffees, but some fresh legs out there earlier might have disrupted Leicester's game and they might not have tapped in the late equalizer.

And speaking of injuries, we just get Mirallas, Coleman and Lukaku back this weekend; and now we have Barkley out for a couple months as well as McCarthy (Leg) and Jagielka (Head) having injury scares as well. I'm just hoping for a strong October and onwards at this point.

News out of Arsenal is that Greek international and Olympiacos central defender Kostas Manolas is close to signing with the Gunners. Manolas is reportedly had a medical today and could be unveiled to the supporters in the coming days. Fee is in the area of £8m which is a steal for a player of Manolas' talent and experience. I can't wait for this to be announced officially. He is meant to be a replacement for Vermaelen after he went to Barcelona for £15m. Great to see all this business being done by the Gunners prior to the deadline like previous years.

Hey Jaffa, why the hell can't you Brits pronounce "Martínez" correctly? :P

Oi - I'll have you know I talk proper, young man. :P

Fortunately though, a few days back Auntie Beeb put up a useful guide on how to correctly pronounce some of those tricky foreign footballing names so we can have no excuses.

Archived