• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least now Everton is going to be strong up front for a while to come. Plus with Barkley signing a new four-year extension, and Baines and Jagielka in the back, a nice core nucleus is forming for the Toffees

UEFA appointed Mark Clattenburg (and an all-English officiating team of assistants Simon Beck and Stuart Burt, fourth official Darren England and additional assistants Michael Oliver and Anthony Taylor) to officiate the UEFA Super Cup Final in Cardiff between Real Madrid and Sevilla FC on August 12. This story is big for me as I am a provincial qualified football referee here in Canada. Thank heavens Clattenburg was appointed over Webb. I still think that Clattenburg is England's best referee. Proved it when he got the Olympic Gold Medal Final in 2012 between Mexico and Brazil. Also shown during Champions League matches, the stand out officiating week in week out in the Premier League, plus other top international friendlies. He rarely makes mistakes unlike Webb. I think the next top English referee will be Michael Oliver, he has the patience that Clattenburg does and talks to the players to calm situations down, including clarifying Laws of the Game during the match. He isn't scared to get assistance from his officiating team nor is he afraid to make a mistake. Can't wait for Oliver to make that next big step.

Plus for all those Celtic supporters on the board, Celtic got destroyed in Warsaw losing 4-1 to Legia Warszawa. It started well for the Bhoys with an opening goal but the wheel fell off. Legia had two penalty calls during the match, one shot wide and Foster saved the other. The final score could have been 6-1/7-1 with Celtic's defense playing. I think Celtic's chances of progressing to the Play-off Round is very very slim!

One thing I forgot to ask Jaffa, are you planning on going to any of the away Europa League matches for Hull City?

This Everton team in just 48 hours has gone from a 7/8th place straggler into a team fighting for the Champions League. Besic and likely Henen are underrated transfers that looks like it'll pay off in the not too far future.

I've heard there's still money left in the bank for the toffees and I'm hoping for a new LM. The aging Osman and Pienaar duo just doesn't do it for me. If we can get an exciting, young wide midfielder to fill that spot, we'll be an exciting team come three weeks.

One thing I forgot to ask Jaffa, are you planning on going to any of the away Europa League matches for Hull City?

Hopefully! Obviously money is a factor as well as time (I'd need to take a couple of days off work), but Mrs Jaffa has said I'm allowed one foreign trip. :D

That's assuming we progress to a point where we get a suitable team, of course. The absolute acest draw possible would be for us to get fellow Europa League newboys Zwolle - I've family who live ten minutes from the ground so that'd be lodgings sorted. Failing that, another Dutch club or a German side would be good.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If Liverpool ever decided to go for Balotelli, they would have the same three ring circus they had with Suarez. I thought the club wanted to get on with their lives and back to a normal club without the stupidity. And that's what would happen if Balo showed up...

If Liverpool ever decided to go for Balotelli, they would have the same three ring circus they had with Suarez. I thought the club wanted to get on with their lives and back to a normal club without the stupidity. And that's what would happen if Balo showed up...

I think they just want a great striker that doesn't bite people

Everton getting Lukaku is a massive bonus to them but also getting Barkley to sign a new deal the other day.

glory10.png

Celtic vs Warsaw was dreadful to watch. Europa League here we come, unless we can pull out some magic out of our ass like we did to Shakter Karagandy last summer. At least it's at Celtic Park so there IS a chance but fml no Champions League money is gonna hurt the team who relies on it at all costs.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Celtic vs Warsaw was dreadful to watch. Europa League here we come, unless we can pull out some magic out of our ass like we did to Shakter Karagandy last summer. At least it's at Celtic Park so there IS a chance but fml no Champions League money is gonna hurt the team who relies on it at all costs.

Could mean a few players leaving too. For financial reasons on Celtic's behalf and for football reasons on the players behalf. Fraser Forster being the obvious.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I know there was interest In Forster by some Premier League clubs, like Newcastle Sunderland and West Ham. But at the time it was just interest. Agreed with Connor on the lack of UCL funding for Celtic will have a knock on effect for the club. Especially with the club making their major investments based on that money plus drawing in the players with UCL football. But they are playing at Celtic Park next week. They have pulled off miracles before at that ground.

For the record they're actually not playing at Celtic Park, but at Murrayfield in Edinburgh. Celtic Park is in use by the Commonwealth Games, which is basically a mini Olympics for only the constituent parts of the old British Empire

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Imagine if Celtic don't qualify for the group stages and then the other Scottish teams (Aberdeen, Motherwell and St. Johnstone) fail to qualify for the Europa League - or at least perform poorly. What would that do to Scotland's UEFA coefficient?

Could we see Scottish teams having to enter the Champions League qualifying rounds at the very first stage instead of the second?

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Imagine if Celtic don't qualify for the group stages and then the other Scottish teams (Aberdeen, Motherwell and St. Johnstone) fail to qualify for the Europa League - or at least perform poorly. What would that do to Scotland's UEFA coefficient?

Could we see Scottish teams having to enter the Champions League qualifying rounds at the very first stage instead of the second?

That would be really sad

That would be really sad

Maybe it wouldn't be that way if Celtic hadn't driven the entire rest of Scottish football to hell.

Hard to have any pity for them. They've done it to themselves.

6fQjS3M.png

That would be really sad

Maybe it wouldn't be that way if Celtic hadn't driven the entire rest of Scottish football to hell.

I'm not a Celtic fan so I couldn't care any less about them but it's sad about what the SPFL has become.

That would be really sad

I'm not a Celtic fan so I couldn't care any less about them but it's sad about what the SPFL has become.

And the best thing that could happen to the SPFL is Celtic not qualifying for the group stage.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived