What Year Is This ASG Jersey From?

TheGiantsFan

As I was going through my Instagram earlier, I saw an MLB video post (today's one with Chipper Jones) and I see this pretty ugly jersey:

BsSEkdmCUAAODzi.jpg

I saw that this jersey has both a vertical wordmark on the front as well as what seems to be a vertical NOB.

Any ideas as to what year this (in my opinion, ugly) jersey is from?

And people actually wanted these to be worn for the game itself..?

Hopefully they just stick to the Futures Game. That 99/Fenway set was the first year for that game; YouTube has Ankiel facing Furcal, Soriano and others if you want a peek. They wore their minor league hats which looked odd.

Worst all star jerseys ever

Ahem.

BsRgsu0IAAAUDPt.jpg

What jerseys? Are they under the navy blue ponchos?

You know the '97 Reds road jersey was cut like that to "honor" Jackie Robinson, right?

Only because one player couldn't do it himself , so the whole team stood behind him.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

As I was going through my Instagram earlier, I saw an MLB video post (today's one with Chipper Jones) and I see this pretty ugly jersey:

BsSEkdmCUAAODzi.jpg

I saw that this jersey has both a vertical wordmark on the front as well as what seems to be a vertical NOB.

Any ideas as to what year this (in my opinion, ugly) jersey is from?

Maybe it's because it's Griffey or I was at the right age, but I guess I'm in the minority of people who liked that jersey. Would I want to see it everyday, not at all, but I thought for the time it was futuristic and a fun jersey for one day.

SEAsig.png

Archived