Team Germany Concept/Tweak

MrWonka

Congrats to Germany on that World Cup. I have some German in me so...good enough for me! Anyways, most of you that follow this site regularly might see my threads mostly concerned with hockey concepts. I don't really get into doing other sports as much because I don't really know what's accepted or really follow them. I decided to do a soccer/futball concept and tweak the champions. I've wanted to do it for a couple weeks now but finally decided to do it. I know a lot of people on the boards aren't a fan of matching sets, but whatever, I like to see it. Tell me what you think. However, don't expect me to do a full change on your comments. Though I will be reading your concepts and taking them into consideration if I ever do more soccer concepts in the future. This was mostly for fun and my enjoyment. Hope you like it too.

212bloy.jpg

Generally some good stuff, just a couple of tweaks here and there...

The chevron looks really big in comparison to the crest. I'd definitely enlarge the latter, maybe shrink the former a bit?

As far as the awkwardness of the number, I think you could definitely get away with putting it opposite the crest in the chevron. Just a thought.

I definitely don't think the collar really works with the chevron. A standard v-neck would work better.

If you're doing the flag on the chevron, I'm not sure you need it on the sleeves and the back of the neck—overkill IMO.

But generally, yeah, this is good stuff!

6fQjS3M.png

You could pull the German int'l hockey route, and instead of doing white you use yellow. I don't believe there is a rule stating that a team must have a white kit and a colored kit, Mexico comes to mind. Will you also make the goalkeeper kits as well?

That's what- She

Brazil is another example of a team that does not have a white kit.

I like that you actually used all the colors of the German flag instead of the weird black to orange gradient they have now, but I agree with someone above that having the swoosh above the chevron looks unbalanced with the DFB crest and I think the home kit would look better with just black trim at the sleeves.

The away kit looks really good but too similar for my tastes to the home kit to use both together. Good "clash" kits IMO are distinct from the home kits. In an alternate universe where Germany doesn't stick to wearing white for their home kit I actually think the black version would look pretty good as a home.

I would like to say in futball uniforms it is common for teams to have jerseys that do not look the same.

Try maybe to put a different dark uniform as a clash style, or put more black in the white jersey.

I like how these look very good execution! Would be nice to see more.

- Nabil

I agree with every comment so far. I just don't understand why in soccer people want a different look for the clash jersey. I never understood that because for the most part it's not going to make much of a difference in clashing with another teams uniforms.

Also correct me if I'm wrong. Netherlands another team without white?

I agree with every comment so far. I just don't understand why in soccer people want a different look for the clash jersey. I never understood that because for the most part it's not going to make much of a difference in clashing with another teams uniforms.

You are correct on that account. The reason why there is a clash IMO is that it allows for the team to have multiple looks. It's kinda like how the Buffalo Sabers road jersey isn't just a white version of the home jersey.

That's what- She

The Tri-colour chevrons make much more sense than what they have now, and look much better.

I like the placement of the Nike swoop and the circular patch on the black uni.

Perhaps on the white uni, the swoop could be white and sit within the black chevron.

I agree with crash that a simple v-neck would look better.

If there doesn't HAVE to be a front number on the jersey, could the shorts be just black (without the striping) and have white numbers on the right leg?

Nice work MrW.

I miss your old avatar BTW.

Ah, the black shorts are back! Although I'm not a rabid Germany fan, they did look a little off without the black shorts. The chevrons are spot-on. The only things not working for me are the socks. They work great in context, but--and this is just personal preference--I'm not a big fan of how much space the hoops take up. It's almost half the sock.

And, wow, how much of a coup would that have been for Nike to get the Germany kits?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

a few little nit pics, I believe the 3 sublimated stripes within the German flag chevron represented the number of wins, now that they won their 4th, I would assume that there should be 4 now. I'm happy the black shorts are permanent on the white kit. But there is one thing that is genuinely bugging me and its the only real issue and thats Nike being the sponsor - could be a preference, but I'm just used to a German kit manufacturer making them.

If you make a third kit, I'd like to see a Green kit with cream/brown shorts that look vintage. maybe some laces on the collar as well.

Overall, solid work. The white kit is definitely realistic, the clash is possible although they typically don't use the same look in the clash.

The different clash could be because its a greater chance of having less blending of colours - at least that's my theory. Take hockey for example, Tampa vs Toronto, but teams are blue and white, to a non hockey fan would be really confusing. Say Tampa had a black jersey, then its a complete different look. Since the NHL and leagues of that sort, there is roughly 30 teams its acceptable, but in soccer, teams face each other all over the world, there are 200 some odd National Soccer Teams and there arent many colours to chose from, so if Germany had say a green clash, they could face Belgium wearing red home jersey and be completely free of blending. I kind of like having different looks, but I can understand what you are coming from as I absolutely hate grey Baseball jerseys.

Also teams with no white kits, Mexico, Columbia, Argentina (if you will), Croatia (if you will), Sweden, Belgium, Romania, Ireland, Ukraine, Australia, Japan, I'm sure there are others haha

The Tri-colour chevrons make much more sense than what they have now, and look much better.

I like the placement of the Nike swoop and the circular patch on the black uni.

Perhaps on the white uni, the swoop could be white and sit within the black chevron.

I agree with crash that a simple v-neck would look better.

If there doesn't HAVE to be a front number on the jersey, could the shorts be just black (without the striping) and have white numbers on the right leg?

Nice work MrW.

I miss your old avatar BTW.

So do I haha, I think I need to go back to it soon. I can't get used to it after I reply to a thread.

Archived