sohiosportsfreak

Minor League Hockey Shake-up...coming

Hardly a surprise, but Colorado will officially be the AHL's 31st franchise, beginning next season.

received_10214530829694850.png

I'm curious about how Colorado will affect alignment. The way I see it there are 2 options.

1. Put them in the Pacific. Push the Stars and Rampage to Central and then Cleveland to the east.

2. Pop them in Central and call it a day.

Scenario 1 makes the most sense, though sense is relative when it comes to the modern AHL footprint.

I read earlier this week from our esteemed leader they're just going to plop the Eagles in the Pacific and make it a 9-team division with some teams playing fewer games than others, because :censored: you, that's why.

Maybe in honor of the 10th anniversary of In Rainbows, each team can select how many games it wants to play.

inrainbows21.jpg

inrainbows31.jpg

16 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I read earlier this week from our esteemed leader they're just going to plop the Eagles in the Pacific and make it a 9-team division with some teams playing fewer games than others, because :censored: you, that's why.

So basically just add Colorado to the Pacific, then? The Stars and Rampage already play more games than the other 6 in the division.

I hate having to pull up the calculator on my phone, just to figure out the standings in my team's division.

I've never been quite sure about the ECHL. It has no use as a prospect incubator (anyone worth a damn is stocked in the American, major-junior, college, or Europe) but never quite got to the blood-and-gore depths of the U-Haul or the LNAH. I suppose, if anything, it's found its calling as the inheritor of the legacy AHL towns, but even that's kind of a dodgy half-measure.

I guess its main use in the system is to give your 4th goalie regular starts.

On 10/14/2017 at 12:03 PM, the admiral said:

I've never been quite sure about the ECHL. It has no use as a prospect incubator (anyone worth a damn is stocked in the American, major-junior, college, or Europe) but never quite got to the blood-and-gore depths of the U-Haul or the LNAH. I suppose, if anything, it's found its calling as the inheritor of the legacy AHL towns, but even that's kind of a dodgy half-measure.

Like @Sodboy13 said, its only real usefulness to the NHL is for goalies. Aside from that, it's primarily just a development program for AHL level contracts.

Put on the Wolves game because I was bored and there's like no one at the Horizon on a Saturday night, unless they're all on the camera side (which I won't rule out). What a bummer. Maybe Rosemont's already usurious parking fees finally crossed the line.

Oh, jeez. It looks like a February Tuesday in there. That's stunning.