Pittsburgh Penguins New Third Jersey

rynoz10

Ideally, I'd like a modernization of that uniform: three-layer letters and numbers, taper the upper sleeves to form triangles, make those black on the white sweater and gold on the black. Pittsburgh coat of arms on one shoulder because that thing is rad.

Someone here came up with more or less this concept, but I can't find it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is definitely up there with Ottawa and Minnesota as one of the league's best alternates. It's essentially what we all were waiting for. The hem stripes seem a little high, but it doesn't take away from the sweater at all. If anything, the edge cut on the hem does, but it's still a great look.

This is definitely up there with Ottawa and Minnesota as one of the league's best alternates. It's essentially what we all were waiting for. The hem stripes seem a little high, but it doesn't take away from the sweater at all. If anything, the edge cut on the hem does, but it's still a great look.

I really don't get the obsession with Minnesota's green and wheat third jersey...it's awful.

I really don't get the obsession with Minnesota's green and wheat third jersey...it's awful.

Compared to their boring-ass red home sweaters with the stupid roundel?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I actually hate the Wild's alternates. To me they seem like an expansion team trying way to hard to look older and having heritage. Ottawa can get away with it since they are the second incarnation of the previous franchise known as the Senators.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Huge upgrade from the home and road, absolutely.

But this should not be the primary home jersey, it already looks incredibly dated. I'm all for the throwback alternate but I don't think this could work as a primary jersey right now, it would need to be updated.

Glad to see it as an alternate jersey.

Compared to their boring-ass red home sweaters with the stupid roundel?

Not a fan of those either. The road whites are far and away the best design they wear.

I don't care how much people love Scenery Bear, no Wild sweater will ever be good because no matter what, a Wild sweater is not a North Stars sweater. Sorry, but that's that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I normally hate teams just going back to an old look as their "new" look, but I think this one works. In two seasons it will have a white counterpart and be the new home and away. The yellow looks so much better than the flat tan color they've been trying to pass off as vegas gold.

I don't care how much people love Scenery Bear, no Wild sweater will ever be good because no matter what, a Wild sweater is not a North Stars sweater. Sorry, but that's that.

Very well said, Admiral. I would “like" your post, but for some reason the system's saying I've reached my maximum quota of up votes, even though I haven't “liked" any post today.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Now make a white road version and a gold alt and you will have a HUGE upgrade. Only thing about the jersey that bugs me is the tail...

I couldn't agree more. The reason these work so well is that they didn't "tweak" them, other than the mandatory tail.

I can't believe they got it right.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived