Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

19 hours ago, Down Under Husker said:

I love, love, love this topic.

Two observations immediately come to mind - one - history sure could be a whole lot different! It's amazing how often the Browns and Raiders show up in the early years..... things could be really, really different. Two - We've missed out on some potentially gorgeous combinations, perhaps moreso than the ones that actually occurred, from an aesthetic point of view. I actually think I might do a companion thread on uniforms.

I keep think how awesome Bucs-Oilers or Vikings-Jets would have looked back in the day.

They certainly would have been some color full match-ups.

On 1/29/2016 at 9:43 PM, fouhy12 said:

I love these threads, your attention to detail is insane. I have two ideas for Super Bowl 50 field concepts.

1. SB50 logo at midfield; team helmets at the 25's; team logo, wordmark, and conference logo in endzone.

2. NFL logo at midfield; SB50 logo at the 25's; same endzones as request 1, but with the team and conference logos in helmets

Also, are any of your field templates public? I'd love to have a generic field .psd to use for concepts.

Again, huge props man. I really respect your work and the effort you put it, it's incredible.

I did some concepts a while ago, which you can find here and here.

All I have are .png templates since I do just about everything in paint. PM me about templates.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This years alternate for Super Bowl 50 (as of now)

50.thumb.png.4b406f14ed6cb492698dc171795

I made the Cardinals wordmark the same width as the Broncos for Super Bowl 50. For the Patriots, I have no reason to believe they would do the logo and wordmark separately, so they would just center the wordmark.  

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I made the Cardinals wordmark the same width as the Broncos for Super Bowl 50. For the Patriots, I have no reason to believe they would do the logo and wordmark separately, so they would just center the wordmark.

< Super Bowl XLIX     First Post     Super Bowl LI >   

Sigh... If only :(

a2BRS8U.png

Guest darkpiranha

Just looking at the title of this series way back when, I ignored it, as I'm not normally a field junkie.  But I checked it out today for some reason and what a fascinating series!!  I'm still not a field junkie, lol, but it really is mindblowing to look back at the games we didn't get.  So many teams that had strong multi-season runs were just forgotten because they didn't make it to the big game.  LOVE this series.  Great job.

I know you don't have any time to do more of these, but I'd love to see an offshoot of this series where instead of there being playoffs, the Super Bowls just featured the top teams in each conference.  How different would many of those games have been?  We'd still get a few identical Super Bowls.

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 6:30 PM, pitt6pack said:

can you do one with the dueling helmets like the car/den concept

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I tried to make an account a while ago but for some reason the site told me that I was banned and I was like: How Am I banned if I haven't created an account before, ever lol. But anyways. I'm a field junkie and this series are completely awesome! Great job!

I'm a huge Broncos fan so just one request.

-Super Bowl 50, Panthers-Broncos. Endzones like the ones they're going to use, Super Bowl 50 logo at midfield, helmets of both teams at the 25's (Like SB XXXI-XXXVII I believe).

Thanks and keep doing a great job!

I have for the last 10 years been charting these Alternate Super Bowls using Madden for the first 5 and then Whatifsports.com since, because imputting all that info into madden is long, I love these fields.  I stumbled on this thread tonight and signed right up.  Fantastic work.

4 hours ago, ejharrisjr49 said:

I would like to see a Super Bowl 50 field featuring the Washington Redskins and the Baltimore Ravens; Also Super Bowl V featuring the Redskins and the Colts.

I would love to see some old school ones featuring the Chiefs with who ever was in St. Louis at that time whether it was the Rams or Cardinals.

Here's a great idea for ya, would love to see some what if defunct expansion teams came into the NFL and made the Super Bowl like the St. Louis Stallions, Baltimore Bombers, etc.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

I'm sorry to reply so late but I've just been too busy with other things lately. I haven't been taking requests for a while, due to said busyness, so sorry for that. I have however finally completed the alternate field for Super Bowl 50.

Super Bowl 50

50ft.png

On 2/13/2016 at 9:55 PM, pitt6pack said:

I'm sorry to reply so late but I've just been too busy with other things lately. I haven't been taking requests for a while, due to said busyness, so sorry for that. I have however finally completed the alternate field for Super Bowl 50.

Super Bowl 50

50ft.thumb.png.fb2270e4e2e39f04f2c32e864

Man this field looks better than the actual SB 50 field. Much more colorful given the Cardinal Red , with Patriot Blue and White. Than the Bronco Blue and Orange with the Panthers Black and "Electric" Blue. (Though if the Panthers end zone colors where reversed, it would have looked far better!) ;-) 

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
7 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

If this thread could be re-activeated, how about a SB XXII field for the New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns?

Well, i just sat down to do the alternate Super Bowl LI field, so maybe if I have time. I've got some homework and eating to do today. Plus I hear there is a game this evening, so I may watch that. So I'll see how much time I have.

Super Bowl LI - Steelers vs Packers

51.png

I would have expected helmet colors for the teamboxes, as in this years game. The new endzone format does not look as good for taller wordmarks. The endzones just look too crowded.

I'll let you all come up with a story line for this one.

< Super Bowl 50     First Post     Super Bowl LII >

Archived