Houston Aeros concept if they returned to the AHL

deked73

This is a concept idea i had if the Aeros ever returned to the AHL. I made a whole new logo with an F-35 Lightning fighter jet instead of the bomber, but used the nose art from it. On the Vertical tail is the #9 in honor of Gordie Howe. The background with the star is to resemblle an Old West Sheriff's badge to represent Texas. The shoulder logo is to resemble a US military roundel found on fighter craft with a nod to the flag of Texas in the striping. Comment and critiques as always welcomed.

HALOGOS.pnghahome.pnghahomealt.pngharoad.pngharoadalt1.pngharoadalt2.png

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I LOVE this! Only change would be to bevel the star, a la Columbus/Texas Stars

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Iam working on a Air Force-esgue wing logo I was going to use a star and an H in the center then realized too much like the Astros. but maybe a nice little tie in with sports history in Houston. I will straighten Houston so its not in italics. Posting new versions when finished

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

That jet looks so real! It's almost too detailed and life-like for a logo, but you sure did a great job rendering a jet and the lighting correctly. I'd suggest making the jet the center of the circle so it is the focal point, and taking "AEROS" out of the center circle and place it on the bottom half of the circle in small lettering just like "HOUSTON" on the top. Just an idea. But very nice job on this!

wow what a upgrade! but i agree that secondary logo should be an Air Force-style logo but overall it is a huge upgrade, I used to go and watch Aeros played in Houston, they were a very good team, shame that they were folded.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

I agree with Jaha. You did an amazing job rendering this jet. Absolutely beautiful. But I have to agree that this plane might be a little too detailed for a sports team logo. I'd get rid of some of the details, e.g. the ones left to the air intake and maybe other small details as well. I would also simplify some other areas, like the canopy, in order to thicken these very thin outlines.

I also like the incorporation of a roundel in the background. The typeface you used or edited is great, very fitting. I would just fill the green spots in between some letters (between E and R, and O and S) with gray (or silver?). Great job and a big upgrade!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Yea the star was meant to be that way. I saw an image of a Marshall's badge from the southwest that I used to get the basic idea of it. I do have a design with a beveled star like the Texas Stars logo and the Columbus Blue Jackets star. Any ideas on how to lose the Chunky look? maybe change it to a star like on the Texas flag?

41KhmgbYFML._SY300_.jpg

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

If you're using the star tool in Illustrator, hold down shift and ctrl while you're drawing it; that should make an even star.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived