Favorite Super Bowl Uniform Matchups

RockyTopper

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cast my vote among those for Super Bowl XIV.

Have to go with Super Bowl V. Only time the Cowboys wore blue jerseys in the Super Bowl.

How in the hell have the Cowboys managed that? They've been in the damned game 8 times. Surely given "the curse" of the blue jersey, you'd think more than one AFC 'home' team for the Super Bowl would tell them, "Nope. You wear the blue."

nav-logo.png

Have to go with Super Bowl V. Only time the Cowboys wore blue jerseys in the Super Bowl.

How in the hell have the Cowboys managed that? They've been in the damned game 8 times. Surely given "the curse" of the blue jersey, you'd think more than one AFC 'home' team for the Super Bowl would tell them, "Nope. You wear the blue."

I think that game is what started the path to the unlucky jerseys

Go A's!

I think that game is what started the path to the unlucky jerseys

"As the designated home team, Dallas was forced to wear its blue jerseys for the Super Bowl under rules in place at the time, which did not allow the home team its choice of jersey color, unlike the regular season and playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl."- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_V

"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda

Call me biased but Super Bowl XV looked pretty nice

raiders-over-eagles.jpg

If that was an outdoor game in daylight, that would certainly be in the discussion.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm surprised to see Super Bowl's 31 and 32 here... IMO, the AFC team ruined the Packers' presence in both instances.

Call me a homer, but I still think the first two Super Bowls rank amongst the best. I also think every change the Packers have made to their uniforms since has been a downgrade.

super-bowl1967.jpg

sb2_linemen.jpg

Agreed on all counts. Other Super Bowls I liked - of course Cowboys - Steelers, Colts - Jets, Chiefs - Vikings...hell, all 4 Vikings Super Bowls, in short, pretty much all the "old school" match ups. But if I had to pick an all-time favorite, it's gotta be Super Bowl VIII.

139023787-football-super-bowl-viii-minne

BB52Big.jpg

Archived