Hand Drawn NFL Redesign (17/32) Pittsburgh Added; Cincinnati Updated

lcgreig03

I really like these, and I'll agree removing the black jersey was the right move as well. One thing I'd change on these is the striping pattern on the pants. It's repetitive, and it should be more organic, like on the helmet and jersey. Something like the striping pattern on the current pants, but without the white at the top, and having the pattern go all the way to the bottom as you have it already, instead of the current short stripe.

Reference image

QB_Andy_Dalton.jpg

Other than that, these are great. I've really enjoyed this thread so far, and I'm looking forward to the other 24 teams (mostly Steelers).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay so after a rough couple weeks for me, which involved a sprained shoulder and a broken finger on my drawing hand, I'm back with the New Orleans Saints!

The Saints currently have one of the best color schemes in all sports but it's being used on an 'eh' uniform. They look great when they use the gold pants, but the wear the black pants way too often for me to consider it a consistent good look. For my Saints, I wanted to create a kind of tribute to the state of Louisiana, as especially after the hurricane, I can't think of a city more attached to their team than New Orleans. So the new number font reflects the region (I based it off one I found on google, searching for 'New Orleans font') and a Louisiana decal is added to the back of the helmet. The home wordmark says Saints but the away jersey now has New Orleans above the numbers. The shoulder stripes are inspired by the LSU Tigers, another very popular local team. Aside from this, stripes are added to the socks and the black pants to break up what was a very poor mono look. White pants are also added to give the team a very clean looking alternate (I am pleasantly surprised by how the all white looks on them) The on field looks today have a bunch of new faces, including Brandon Browner, CJ Spiller, and Max Unger.

no%20home_zpsvbldxhp0.jpgno%20home%202_zpsebqc7ymr.jpgno%20home%203_zpsbczxqwuz.jpgno%20away_zps5oakqvnm.jpgno%20away%202_zpsvgliembh.jpgno%20away%203_zpscklmd7yi.jpg

I would like to apologize if the uniforms in the template are a little sloppy looking by the way. I had the on field ones done before I broke my finger and did them after that had happened. It is a little difficult to draw with a broken finger (harder than I thought it would have been)

I hope you guys enjoy! And, always, C&C is more than welcome!:)

I like these concepts. I especially like that they're hand-drawn. I think the Saints could do more with their identity. This is a different look for the Saints but it's in the right direction. Especially the font

I don't think you intentionally meant to do this, but in the first image you posted with the black jerseys and gold pants, the helmet looks a bit tattered. I think something like that could work really well for New Orleans. Kinda like what Rutgers did. But going back to your overall Saints design, I have to say these are amazing. These are really great as all of your work has been in this series. Bravo!

• 1 month later...

Okay so my first post in a while is more of a tweak than a full redesign. I wasn't a big fan of the team's switch to their orange jerseys at first, but after a while they grew on me. Now, they are one of my favorite looks in the league. What I wanted to do with this was add orange to the away jersey. At first I tried to make the numbers orange, but I really didn't like how that looked so I tried colored shoulders. And I actually really liked the way it turned out. I also removed the darker alternate jersey, to keep orange throughout all the looks (an underused color in the NFL in my opinion) and removed the awful blue pants. The side panels on the jerseys are also gone, and the wordmark and the names on the backs of the jerseys become navy now. Other than that, an overall great look stays for the most part untouched.

den%20home_zpspcjyzeh6.jpgden%20away_zpsfd0xhsxi.jpg

miller_zpsjgsi0ca0.jpgthomas%20d_zpsskl8drs6.jpg

Apologies for the delay, I have a few teams almost done now (Minnesota, Chicago, New York Giants, Seattle, Tennessee) so hopefully they'll get up before too long. And as always C&C is appreciated:)

• 4 weeks later...

Seattle today! Again, more of just a tweak for my least favorite team (Go Cards) but some updates I feel are an improvement over a solid look. The weird pattern on top of the helmet is gone. The stripes on the sleeves are replaced by the logos and the pants stripe is the same pattern as the logo stripes. Green is now the secondary color on the logo, and is included on the stripes and socks to add a little more color to a pretty dark look. Next is two bold moves - the white uniforms are gone, replaced by the much better grey jerseys. This likely wouldn't fly with the NFL, not having white uniforms for the primary road look, but I feel it fits better with the feel and the weather especially of the region. Second, a lime green jersey is added. The white pants are only available for the alternate jersey. This is admittedly not the best look I've come up with for this series, but I think it would be a fun look for the field once a season, on the what seems like one day a year the Seahawks play at home on a sunny day. Also, on the back of the helmet, the logos meet pointing upwards instead of down, to better match the single logo.

Also, just the on field looks today. Drawing and redrawing the same things in different colors in the same template gets a little tedious, so I've just been doing the much more fun drawings lately.

sea_zpschexh3it.jpg

wilson_zpsyb4r1bor.jpghaushka_zpsbkieddhw.jpggraham_zpsy5p2fnbb.jpglynch_zpstiwftcbk.jpgsherman_zpsr3kye2gf.jpg

#KickersArePeopleToo

Archived