LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 2 VOTING

pollux

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoot, I thought I had until tonight to turn in my design. I must not have paid enough attention... My design is actually eerily similar to #22, though. I was completely shocked when I saw it; it shows that similar designs aren't always plagiarism because we had both finished our designs without seeing the other. (In the end, I decided to add orange to brighten up the palate; if anyone is interested in seeing my attempt, you can see it in the spoiler.)

thrashers.png

My votes:

Gold: 6

Silver: 9

Bronze: 5

Similar? It looks like you worked on your templates while you were in the same room with a given color scheme.

My mouth literally dropped open when I saw his, because I first wondered if I had actually submitted mine in my sleep or something. As you say, even the color schemes are so similar. I toyed with going only brown and yellow but wanted to brighten it up.

award%20sig.png

G 24

S 12

B 14

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

1. 6

2. 8

3. 29

(I like number six a lot and I chose random numbers for 2 and 3)

yeah you really earned that voting medal...

I'm going to start by saying no offense to #8 and #29, because none is intended (in fact, I voted for one of them)

But it's really sad that WissX is giving random people votes, when there are 30 very deserving entries that two should be getting votes based on the incredible work that has been done by all entrants. It was seriously hard to narrow down the field to only three for me to vote for, and every single entrant in the competition deserves their votes for the work they put forth, not because a random entrant was selected.

EVERYONE did amazing I just dont know hockey that well FYI GREAT job everyone!

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

1. 6

2. 8

3. 29

I'm going to start by saying no offense to #8 and #29, because none is intended (in fact, I voted for one of them)

But it's really sad that WissX is giving random people votes, when there are 30 very deserving entries that two should be getting votes based on the incredible work that has been done by all entrants. It was seriously hard to narrow down the field to only three for me to vote for, and every single entrant in the competition deserves their votes for the work they put forth, not because a random entrant was selected.

It's not about knowing hockey; it's about knowing design.

rATMcmK.png

1. 6

2. 8

3. 29

YOu need to kow hockey to know what looks good

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png

1. 6

2. 8

3. 29

not really. I comment on yakball concepts and I still don't know too much about the sport. Vote on what looks good, even if it is an unpopular opinion. Last year I found myself voting for mostly blue entries, just because I liked the color blue. You can decide to vote for whoever you want, may it be the guy who hand-draws something with a sharpie in 4 minutes, or the logo for the team plays where you live. And even if you do end up picking teams randomly, don't admit to it. Then you get people like me and 99% of the people who saw your comment who think "this guy has no idea what he is doing" To some people, a vote is an important thing. And to say that you didn't really like 8 and 29 seems a little offensive to the makers of those entries. (I hope pollux doesn't mind me saying that I did not make either of those) You are basically complimenting someone and then taking it back. It's dumb and it makes you look silly and weird. You pestered pollux until he gave you a voting medal which seems like the stupidest thing ever. Not to be mean or anything, but you have 3 concept threads. (not that I have more) All of them appear to be rushed work, and you always put out there that you use paint.net. Please don't take this personally, I was sort of the same deal when I first joined. Now I am trying not to be that , and I hope that you don't become the next biscuit faces of them. (if you don't know who that is, he kind of spammed everything and then got banned) Sorry if I've rambled and sorry for making this thread into something it's not supposed to be.

tinysig.jpg

1. 6

2. 8

3. 29

not really. I comment on yakball concepts and I still don't know too much about the sport. Vote on what looks good, even if it is an unpopular opinion. Last year I found myself voting for mostly blue entries, just because I liked the color blue. You can decide to vote for whoever you want, may it be the guy who hand-draws something with a sharpie in 4 minutes, or the logo for the team plays where you live. And even if you do end up picking teams randomly, don't admit to it. Then you get people like me and 99% of the people who saw your comment who think "this guy has no idea what he is doing" To some people, a vote is an important thing. And to say that you didn't really like 8 and 29 seems a little offensive to the makers of those entries. (I hope pollux doesn't mind me saying that I did not make either of those) You are basically complimenting someone and then taking it back. It's dumb and it makes you look silly and weird. You pestered pollux until he gave you a voting medal which seems like the stupidest thing ever. Not to be mean or anything, but you have 3 concept threads. (not that I have more) All of them appear to be rushed work, and you always put out there that you use paint.net. Please don't take this personally, I was sort of the same deal when I first joined. Now I am trying not to be that , and I hope that you don't become the next biscuit faces of them. (if you don't know who that is, he kind of spammed everything and then got banned) Sorry if I've rambled and sorry for making this thread into something it's not supposed to be.

Your post changed me for the better. now everyone did a good job everyone who submitted. I just dont know hockey syle jerseys with yakball I undersand them a bit more cause it is like fußall. I can not say it enough everyone who did submit was amazing everyone SHOULD get a vote.

Then you get people like me and 99% of the people who saw your comment who think "this guy has no idea what he is doing"

I have no idea what I was posting. And I looked at 8 and 29. They look amazing like them all! I end this with a compliment

Jake3.roo I admire you for your work before we met

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png

Gold: 1

Silver: 25

Bronze: 24

EDIT: I'm sorry that this will be quite a long list, but I'd like to point out my honorable mentions of- 5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 21, 23, 29, and 30. #1 caught my eye right away, but all you guys made it really hard to pick Silver and Bronze. Great job, everyone!

Archived